Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) American Polygraph Association Elections: Race for president-elect pits Daniel Mangan against Patrick O'Burke (Read 104653 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Re: American Polygraph Association Elections: Race for president-elect pits Daniel Mangan against Patrick O'Burke
Reply #180 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 10:25pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Thanks just the same, but I'm not interested.

By the way, chart interpretations alone are a false form of quality assurance. 

The entire video must be reviewed, among a number of other things.

IP Logged

God Member

Re: American Polygraph Association Elections: Race for president-elect pits Daniel Mangan against Patrick O'Burke
Reply #181 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 10:31pm
I would never allow charts to be reviewed by anyone who is not a certified graduate of an accredited polygraph school.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2016 at 11:18pm by Dan Mangan »  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #182 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 10:34pm
Dan to be real with you, asking someone like me if I have been to polygraph school is like asking a commander of the space shuttle if he has a private pilots license. Without empirical data, all you will be is argumentative noise emanating from the bully pulpit. Good luck.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #183 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 10:49pm
Okay, Commander.

I'll have to take your word for it.

As for a winning communications strategy, we'll be using something new to the polygraph indu$try: victim impact statements.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #184 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 12:12am
Dan Mangan wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 10:49pm:
victim impact statements.

You are in the right place for that; they are manifold here in AP.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #185 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 1:50pm
Ark, when interpreting polygraph charts, how much weight do you give to EDA complexity?

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #186 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 4:57pm
Not much, although it is one of two secondary features, duration tends to be more diagnostic.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #187 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 6:01pm
Ex Member wrote on Feb 27th, 2016 at 4:57pm:
Not much, although it is one of two secondary features, duration tends to be more diagnostic.

None of the physiological indices measured by the polygraph are "diagnostic" with respect to deception.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

God Member

Reply #188 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 6:05pm
I agree George. It is only an indication of sympathetic arousal. Dan is just probing because he is bewildered that someone like me would know more than those who teach the polygraph schools.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #189 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 6:51pm
Commander, I'm not bewildered in the least. Bemused, certainly, but not bewildered. Polygraph is seductive, and attracts all types.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #190 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 7:14pm
Dan, If you want to effectively challenge me, you'll have to rise above the 320 hour barber school.

Here's one for you:

What is the value added in determining if your examinee is a beta or an alpha responder?

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #191 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 9:00pm
The value-add proposition in determining the alpha/beta responder issue manifests itself primarily in the interpretation of the cardio channel, of course.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #192 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 9:40pm
All manifestations are not of value. I was hoping for more elaboration on its utility to ascertain whether an arousal was precipitated by a genuine OR or from the Startle Response. I suggest you spend less time in vitriol and more in expanding your knowledge base. You will need it once assuming the bully pulpit.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #193 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 9:44pm
I am flying out on a transcontinental flight today. My posting will be spotty. Peace.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #194 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 11:22pm
Thanks Ark, but showcasing a command of the theoretical effluvia that comprises the bullshit that is colloquially known as "polygraph science" is by no means a pivotal factor in the ideological insurgency that will fundamentally transform both the polygraph indu$try and the APA.

Safe travels.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
American Polygraph Association Elections: Race for president-elect pits Daniel Mangan against Patrick O'Burke

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X