Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Re: CBP POLYGRAPH EXPERIENCE - FAILURE (Read 183316 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Re: CBP POLYGRAPH EXPERIENCE - FAILURE
Reply #45 - Jan 1st, 2017 at 3:11am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
then he told me take a break. I came back after the 15 min break then he said you thought of soemthign on your break that you

Exactly the same stunt was pulled on me at the CIA.  The examiner kept complaining about my responses, and then sent me on a lunch break.  When I returned, he asked me if I had "remembered" anything new. Embarrassed

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jose

Reply #46 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 4:45am
How long take for get a answer in your polygraph exam for the CBP?

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #47 - Feb 10th, 2017 at 6:21am
Quote:
How long take for get a answer in your polygraph exam for the CBP?

I never applied to the CBP.  My rejection from NSA came about 2 mos. after my "interview" there.

From the CIA, it took under a month from the time of my "interviews". Roll Eyes

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Tommie

Reply #48 - May 28th, 2017 at 3:07pm
You are a crappity smacking kiss ass who like when a veteran get screwed. YOUR MOTHER SHOULD HAVE HAD AN ABORTION.....

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Josh Josh

Reply #49 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 3:19am
So i just got a email from CBP saying my tenative selection for employment was withdrawn due to a unfavorible Polygraph examination. I did some research and found out that the poly test is supppse to be used conjuction with the BI for a determination and that in there policies outlined and their manual that it is not the sole determine factor. I sent a email to them saying that i will be contacting congress because their requirements goes against their policies.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #50 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 1:50pm
Quote:
So i just got a email from CBP saying my tenative selection for employment was withdrawn due to a unfavorible Polygraph examination. I did some research and found out that the poly test is supppse to be used conjuction with the BI for a determination and that in there policies outlined and their manual that it is not the sole determine factor. I sent a email to them saying that i will be contacting congress because their requirements goes against their policies.

It is true that in order to be hired, one must pass both the polygraph and background investigation. But one can be rejected over either one, alone.

In federal agencies that impose a pre-employment polygraph screening requirement, it is common for applicants to be rejected based on polygraph results alone.

The best solution would be for Congress to amend the Employee Polygraph Protection Act to close the government loopholes. We have proposed language on how to do that here:

https://antipolygraph.org/ceppa.shtml

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #51 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 2:10pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Jun 2nd, 2017 at 1:50pm:
It is true that in order to be hired, one must pass both the polygraph and background investigation. But one can be rejected over either one, alone.

Correct.  As I've said numerous times on this site, the BI can be every bit as pernicious as the polygraph.

Certainly that was the case for me.  It was a great lesson for me in just how nasty people can be when they believe that they can hide under the cloak of anonymity.  One alcoholic sociopath who participated in my BI didn't even want anonymity!  

Following any rejection from any federal employment involving the almighty security clearance, always make a FOIA/PA request to the agency that ultimately declined the employment application.  Many applicants will be in for some very ugly surprises, as once was I. Shocked Roll Eyes

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Clybourn
New User

Reply #52 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 2:36pm
I took a CBP polygraph a few weeks ago and walked out on it. All of the research I did predicted exactly what would happen, right down to the "calibration" questions and procedures. After the examiner attempted to get me to go over the same line of questioning a third time (claiming first that i was moving too much, then that my "mind was racing, and must be hiding something from her) while becoming increasingly hostile and accusatory, I ended the exam because I saw exactly where it was going and have no regrets about it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PATRIOT17

Reply #53 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 5:20am
I recently had a similar experience like most of you all on this page. When I entered the room, the exam proctor acted friendly by asking questions about my family, my college experiences, my hobbies, and my consideration of CBP as a career. When the actual exam started, the proctor switched almost instantly to an annoyed and irritated mood. Once I was called back into the exam room, the proctor began accusing me of using deception during the test since I disclosed at the beginning that I had difficulty with the serious crime question on previous polygraph tests. I told the proctor that I had no intention of causing deception during the exam and that perhaps I was nervous when that question was coming as I had difficulty with it in the past, but apparently that wasn't even a consideration for the proctor. Mind you, I have NEVER committed any serious crime in my life, NEVER done drugs, and NEVER committed alcohol offenses. What tipped me over the edge of reason was when the proctor insulted my honor by bringing up matters personal to me, and I respectfully asked that I withdraw from the employment process as I will NOT give my service to an agency that cares so little for the personal values of those who have given up time and money to serve their country. I am not offended by many things, but the lack of professional mannerism as the proctor interrogated me was appalling and NEVER in my life will I apply for CBP nor will I ever tell anyone to apply for them. All they do is waste your time by thinking that you're doing everything right only to be told you're completely wrong in the end. Spend your resources with an agency that actually cares about those who go out of their way to be a part of something bigger than themselves.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box skingalvanics
New User

Reply #54 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 6:33pm
Clybourn wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 2:36pm:
I ended the exam because I saw exactly where it was going and have no regrets about it.

Congratulations!  What you did took "cajones", and I admire you for it.

"When polygraphs are outlawed, only outlaws will use polygraphs"

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box skingalvanics
New User

Reply #55 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 6:36pm
Quote:
Spend your resources with an agency that actually cares about those who go out of their way to be a part of something bigger than themselves.

Excellent advice!  I would go one step further and suggest that any employer who relies on polygraph results is not worth seeking a career with!

"When polygraphs are outlawed, only outlaws will use polygraphs"

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 11x-RANGER
New User

Reply #56 - Mar 23rd, 2018 at 5:10pm
I started this post 5 years ago, here is my 5 year update.

I am now serving as a Police Officer in NYC. Finished my Masters Degree in National Security and Diplomacy from a  top college.

I've been getting calls here and there from people across the country with very similar experiences and i feel really sorry for them but life moves on, as long as you stay persistent and set goals  you will eventually get into a good LE job.
I read my post and it brought back a lot of memories, i don't think ill ever be able to forgive that Polygraph examiner, Larry Gordon, as he stripped away something i wanted very badly for no good reason. 
I actually recently re-applied to CBP I will continue to update on the application process. Thank you all for contributing to this post and sharing your stories, i know hearing " you failed " is a tough pill to swallow when you know that you are a good person and candidate. The government sends us off to combat and when we return home they tell us we can't work a mediocre LEO job.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John M.
Very Senior User

Reply #57 - Mar 23rd, 2018 at 7:32pm
Thanks for sharing with us 11x-RANGER.

Good things happen to good people.

Remember, there's a special place in hell for polygraphers and the officials that support this fraud. Judging someone as untrustworthy based solely on the "results" is an individual rights violation - except for when the government does it.

Wtf?

#stoppolygraphabuse

"The polygraph examination is a supplement to, not a substitute for, other methods of investigation.  No, unfavorable administrative action shall be taken based solely on its results."  ~ DODI 5210.91.
Twitter  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X