Police,  Sheriffs',  and Corrections Departments Applications,  Hiring,  and Employment Police, Sheriffs', and Corrections Departments Applications, Hiring, and Employment
Discuss non-polygraph related aspects of local, county, and state law enforcement hiring processes here. Discuss testing procedures, interview questions, disqualification criteria, background investigations, life on the beat, etc.
(Moderator: Administrator)
Topics: 435
Pages Pages: 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Subject / Started By Replies Views Last Post Sort (Z-A)
Normal Topic
Agencies not using polygraph
I've read a lot of the posts on the site and I've found them to be interesting and informative.  I've also seen numerous posts, asking which agencies and departments don't use polygraphs as a pre-scre...

Started Apr 28th, 2005 at 6:38pm by goinfederal
2 7128 Last Post May 3rd, 2005 at 4:29pm
By: ScaredAsHell
Normal Topic
Drug testing
I was just curious if anyone knew what kind of drug testing was used my law enforcment agencies in the midwest(nebraska/kansas/missouri) areas?  do they tend to use urine test, blood test, or hair fol...

Started May 2nd, 2005 at 10:10pm by cargirl
0 1155 Last Post May 3rd, 2005 at 1:10am
By: cargirl
Normal Topic
The Million Dollar Concern...
After reading almost every post with such intensity, there still leaves that million dollar question that I'd like answered: 
  If (and when ) I do take the polygraph for a pre-employment law enf...

Started Apr 27th, 2005 at 8:49am by mike_C.
6 3621 Last Post May 1st, 2005 at 9:40am
By: mike_C.
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Forgot in Interview
I had my interview and they asked me ahead of time all the questions that would be asked on the polygraph and I answered them and then I signed the form that I was truthful.  I said that in a high sch...

Started Apr 14th, 2005 at 3:37am by spoon
« Pages 1 2 »
22 10842 Last Post Apr 27th, 2005 at 5:03pm
By: polyfool
Normal Topic
Background Investigation
I am just curious to know how a background investigation works.  I am assuming the look at arrest records and call previous employers, but do they interview people and what not? If so do you provide a...

Started Jan 11th, 2005 at 8:43am by AlmostHalo
13 6899 Last Post Apr 25th, 2005 at 8:24pm
By: alice
Normal Topic
BI question
I applied to the local sheriff's office 4 years ago and was dq'd for recent drug use at the time.  They didnt run a background check on me or anything like that. But my question is when the military d...

Started Jan 26th, 2005 at 11:43pm by coxion
9 4438 Last Post Apr 14th, 2005 at 6:30pm
Normal Topic
Background Got the best of me!!!
Wel i just completed my background interview and it didnt go so great.. i admitted that i drove drunk 13 times when i was in high school.. currently i'm 20 and not only that i said i had friends that ...

Started Apr 6th, 2005 at 5:18am by Wannabecop
12 6718 Last Post Apr 9th, 2005 at 8:08pm
By: nunyun
Normal Topic
DUI
Does anybody know if a police department states that you can not become a police officer if you have been convicted of a DUI with-in the last 3 years, that after those 3 years are up, and you apply, i...

Started Apr 7th, 2005 at 6:52pm by BlackJhack
1 1402 Last Post Apr 7th, 2005 at 11:24pm
By: Brother
Normal Topic
How long for background
I finished all the tests and passed everything for the L.A.P.D. including the poly (thanks for the help everyone, I couldn't have done it without your help.) and have since moved on to the background ...

Started Jan 6th, 2005 at 12:11am by PAQ
7 3538 Last Post Apr 4th, 2005 at 9:09pm
Normal Topic
Interview and Tour
I had my interview and tour of the place I will be working, I still have the medical and psych exams to complete, do you think they really want to hire me since they have already gave me a tour of the...

Started Sep 15th, 2004 at 10:36am by halfpathan
2 1659 Last Post Mar 29th, 2005 at 5:21am
Normal Topic
Embarassing Question
Ok heres my story. For my entire life I have a love for law enforcement, have worked with agencies, been an explorer, beena  npart time officer and just love the job, love everything about it! I have ...

Started Feb 27th, 2005 at 2:26am by unknown_user
5 3730 Last Post Mar 11th, 2005 at 2:44pm
By: unknown_user
Normal Topic
sex with a minor
When i was 21 I had an affair with a 16 year old girl from a fast food job i used to have.  On the background question i was asked if i ever had sex with an underage person to which i replied no.  Thi...

Started Mar 7th, 2005 at 6:54pm by crossing_fingers
5 3015 Last Post Mar 8th, 2005 at 5:06am
By: polyfool
Normal Topic
a bit more than I expected...
Hello, 
I am preparing to apply for a PD and I saw, that the Poly is a big issue. I worked in a Police Force in Europe for 7 years and they do not use a Poly there. 
In my previous Police Jo...

Started Mar 4th, 2005 at 10:32pm by Shrek
1 1931 Last Post Mar 5th, 2005 at 4:48am
By: polyscam - Ex Member
Normal Topic
Lawsuits against LE agency?
Can the moderator advise if anyone has sued a LE agency for not hiring them because of the polygraph and won? 

Started Feb 8th, 2005 at 5:26pm by hwsternfan
10 4852 Last Post Feb 19th, 2005 at 8:22pm
By: hwsternfan
Normal Topic
LAPD Drug Policy
I want to apply to the LAPD, however, I tried Ecstasy 3 years ago. It was a very DUMB mistake. The reasons why I tried it are irrevelant. I made the choice, as foolish as it was, and I accept responsi...

Started Feb 3rd, 2005 at 4:35pm by Wannabe
5 12410 Last Post Feb 9th, 2005 at 6:07pm
By: Wannabe
Normal Topic
Which police agencies don't use polygraphs???
Just trying to find which police agencies or states do not use the polygraph as a means to hire police officers does anyone know of any such agencies???

Started Oct 28th, 2004 at 5:06pm by johnsupon
3 9321 Last Post Feb 8th, 2005 at 8:22pm
By: hwsternfan
Normal Topic
I'm a Good Guy! I promise!!
My goal is to become a police officer and I think that I would make an outstanding asset to any department due to that I really have a passion for LE, but I am woried about being hired.  I tried marij...

Started Jan 29th, 2005 at 10:22pm by spoon
8 4772 Last Post Feb 8th, 2005 at 8:17am
By: nunyun
Normal Topic
Kid Stuff
Just thought I'd ask....  (sorry this post is a bit lengthy)
I have recently applied for a position with a major metropolitan police department.  My past is virtually flawless.  I have been emplo...

Started Jan 27th, 2005 at 9:52am by polyquestions
3 2772 Last Post Jan 29th, 2005 at 2:40pm
By: dimas
Normal Topic
Past drug usage
I am considering applying for a reserve Police Officer program with a large California police department and was wondering if I disclosed that I reluctantly tried Ecstasy 4 years ago will rein my chan...

Started Jan 16th, 2005 at 7:25am by Matt_Payne
2 2056 Last Post Jan 22nd, 2005 at 3:45am
By: anxietyguy
Normal Topic
Medical Exam
I know this is a polygraph site. But I already passed the polygraph I would like to know what does the medical exam consist of. They told to me to wear workout clothes on the day of the medical exam. ...

Started Aug 31st, 2004 at 2:00pm by halfpathan
10 5899 Last Post Jan 13th, 2005 at 10:30pm
By: anxietyguy
Pages Pages: 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Locked Topic Sticky Locked Topic
Moved Topic Moved Topic
Global Announcement Global Announcement
Locked Global Announcement Locked Global Announcement
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)
You can view Topics in this Board.
You can post replies to Topics in this Board.
You can start new Topics in this Board.
You can post Attachments in this Board.
You can start Polls in this Board.

Police, Sheriffs', and Corrections Departments Applications, Hiring, and Employment

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X

‹ Board Index   Top