Normal Topic BI question (Read 4440 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box coxion
New User

BI question
Jan 27th, 2005 at 2:43am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I applied to the local sheriff's office 4 years ago and was dq'd for recent drug use at the time.  They didnt run a background check on me or anything like that. But my question is when the military does a BI on me will they find out that I applied to the Sheriffs office and was DQ'd? (In other words will my application, even though I wasnt employed show up on my BI) Thanks for any help.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Re: BI question
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 2:51pm
I assume you are actually worried about this because you are planning on lying to the military about your drug use and not really because you were Dq'd.  If that is the route you are planning on taking then I hope you get caught.  However, this all depends on the actual background investigation they do.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2005 at 2:19am
No i didnt mean to make it sound like I am going to lie to get into the military.  I was completely honest about my drug use.  I was dq'd from the sheriffs because i had smoked marijuana too recently. I wasnt permanently dq'd i just had to wait another 2 years to apply.  I am asking this because i am planning on trying to be a pilot (hopefully flying reconnaissance) and if they see this then i am afraid it will count against me, and since not many people get this kind of job i dont want it to screw me over.  But if i know now then i wont be so upset if i do get turned down because of this.

What do you mean it depends on the kind of background they do?  They dont do a full scope background check, as far as i know they pull criminal records and talk to my previous employers.  But im assuming the only way they will know about the application is if they specifically ask if i have applied there, but im probably wrong.

thanks for the previous reply.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2005 at 7:29am
you should be able to bring up thier drug policy and go from there.  It is hard to answer without knowing the agency or the standards.....

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2005 at 4:02am
There are various kinds of backgrounds that can be done and they are different into how well they are done.  An example of this is some departments do nothing more than send out letters asking questions to people you list, while others send out a physical person who actually seeks out as much information as possible.

Backgrounds are only as succesful as the investigator and his ability to gather information.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nunyun
Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2005 at 6:47am
exactly......By the way stay safe........

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Feb 17th, 2005 at 10:13am
From what i have read and the information i have gathered, they send out a letter to my local police department as well as the fbi for my background information, then they send out a physical person to talk to friends and family.  I dont see the need for them to go personally to the police department.

If this being the case i guess my question would be when they send out a letter for my ackground information to my local pd, which is the one i applied to, would the fact that i applied there show up?  I am guessing that it won't since its a criminal background check, and me applying doesnt make me a criminal, but does this sound right?

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #7 - Feb 18th, 2005 at 12:06am
Hmmmm....

Lets think about this one for a minute.  You are an applicant for a job as a police officer in another city.  So if I was a BI my first question would be why did he not become a cop in his home city.  I would then attempt to verify this with the applicant and even follow up by contacting the recruitment dept. of the agency in your home city to make sure you have never applied.

This is called "police work".  While some BI's do this, some don't.  I know I would, but are you willing to take the chance?

IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Feb 18th, 2005 at 12:21am
I understand that for applying for another LE job.  Im just asking about the military BI.  If I was applying to another LE agency I wouldnt withhold that I applied to my local LE agency.  But for a military BI, it wouldnt be a question whether I applied to an LE agency because the military is a different line of work.  Im only asking for the fact that I want a pilot slot and I know that if that application shows up on a BI query without specifically asking if i applied there, then I might as well not even try to apply for a pilot slot since it will more than likely get me turned down for one just to narrow down the field.  And if thats the case then i would rather wait another 2 - 6 years before trying to get a pilot slot, since they only go 7 years back for a secret clearance and 10 for a ts clearance.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alice
User

Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2005 at 6:30pm
How long does BG take with the BI...Poly, medical is done

employment letter went out ..in addition to my providing BI with email from a former HR director..and I provided all my loan info from student loans for my bills...and the prints came back..

anything else that should take much time...he has a letter that will interview neighbors and check out my house..structure , etc...(brand new home)...

timewise does anyone know?
Alice

IP Logged

BI question

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X