Normal Topic sex with a minor (Read 3016 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box crossing_fingers
New User

sex with a minor
Mar 7th, 2005 at 9:54pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
When i was 21 I had an affair with a 16 year old girl from a fast food job i used to have.  On the background question i was asked if i ever had sex with an underage person to which i replied no.  This occured over 15 years ago.  Next up is the polygraph.  By answering no to this question again which im sure will be asked will this DQ me?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BlackJhack
User

Re: sex with a minor
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2005 at 10:58pm
Crossing-Fingers
I am going to guess that if you get caught, you are going to be disqualified (I don't know the department policies, so this is strictly conjecture). A big part of  testing with most departments is gauged on your integrity. Now, I do not know you, so please do not think that I am judging you in any way. I do know that most departments will disqualify for any information that you have omitted during backgrounds. I am a huge advocate for telling all applicants to tell the complete truth on any type of background material, but as far as the polygraph goes, I would say use all of the CM's available on this site. Good luck!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyscam
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2005 at 11:35pm
What is the age of consent in your state?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box crossing_fingers
New User

Reply #3 - Mar 7th, 2005 at 11:44pm

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyscam
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2005 at 3:42am
The only suggestion I might have is to anonymously call  or e-mail your recruitment contact with the agency.  Ask what affects a situation similar to yours might have on hiring eligibility.  Change the ages around, but keep it so your are over 18 and your partner is under 18.  I wouldn't go below 16 though.

If your recruiter tells you he doesn't think it's a problem, ask to adjust the information on your background packet before you get to poly.  Tell them you did some thinking on the topic and remembered this information.  I think it will probably have a better appearance to offer the information rather than have them viciously extract it during the poly.

Just my thoughts.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyfool
Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2005 at 5:06am
Honesty is the best policy. I know firsthand how ugly it can get during a poly even when the examinee is completely truthful. I can only imagine what it must be like to actually be witholding pertinent info. from the examiner during a lengthy interrogation. Trust me, you want no part of that. I would recommend the honest approach and face the consequences. A job you have to lie to get is not worth it.  Just my opinion.

IP Logged

sex with a minor

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X