Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Looking for exam transcripts (Read 53884 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Re: Looking for exam transcripts
Reply #30 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:50pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Doug Williams wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:41pm:
Pail-O-Shit -  that is pure unadulterated bullshit and you know it. You thugs administer polygraph tests for one reason and one reason only – to unjustly enrich yourselves.

Gee, just like YOU did-until you got caught.  The only difference is we are not convicted felons like you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #31 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:58pm
quickfix wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:50pm:
Doug Williams wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:41pm:
Pail-O-Shit -  that is pure unadulterated bullshit and you know it. You thugs administer polygraph tests for one reason and one reason only – to unjustly enrich yourselves.

Gee, just like YOU did-until you got caught.  The only difference is we are not convicted felons like you.

No Pail-O-Shit - what you do is not at all like what I did, but at least you are admitting that the only reason you run polygraph tests is to unjustly enrich yourself.  So, I think we're making some progress here. Try to keep being honest -  at least as much as you can - and maybe we can help you see the light and turn from your evil ways.

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John M.
Very Senior User

Reply #32 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 9:03pm
pailryder wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
To protect the truthful employee's jobs by removing them from the suspect pool.

And what about the false positives?  Even worse, what about the false negatives?  The Reality Winners, the Edward Snowdens, or the Aldrich Ames's?

I know, I know, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

A false sense of security and abuse of the innocent.

"The polygraph examination is a supplement to, not a substitute for, other methods of investigation.  No, unfavorable administrative action shall be taken based solely on its results."  ~ DODI 5210.91.
Twitter  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #33 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 7:14pm
John M

The individuals you named took compelled government polygraphs.  My post concerns only private business polygraph testing under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act of 1988.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #34 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 7:29pm
John M. wrote on Aug 22nd, 2017 at 3:29am:
I was under the impression that this was a public message board.

That doesn't mean that it's appropriate for someone to boorishly impose themselves on every post.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #35 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 7:33pm
Andy Balmer wrote on Aug 24th, 2017 at 10:50am:
I wrote my PhD thesis on lie detection, critically engaging with the scientific account and with the social history of the polygraph's use.

Thanks for the details Andy. Did your research reveal the polygraph to have the ability to detect deception above chance? What other methods of lie detection did you research?

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #36 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 8:24pm
Dan Mangan wrote on Aug 21st, 2017 at 2:30am:
As I see it, here's the bottom line: Even with the statistical contortions afforded by Bayes' Theorem, polygraph "testing" is still a SWAG -- a Scientific Wild-Ass Guess. 

There exist two interpretations on Bayesian probability.

Interpreting probability as extension of logic, probability quantifies the reasonable expectation that everyone sharing the same knowledge would share in accordance with the rules of Bayesian statistics, which is supported by Cox's theorem.

The probability corresponds to what someone believes to be true within certain constraints. These constraints are allowed according to decision theory.

These variations of Bayesian probability differ according to how they are interpreted as well as the determination of the prior probability.

How this prior probablity is established would be the key.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #37 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:36pm
Ex Member wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 8:24pm:
The probability corresponds to what someone believes to be true within certain constraints.

What someone believes to be true?

Sounds like a scientific wild-ass guess on top of another scientific wild-ass guess.

Or, to put it another way, given that the Bayes Theorem component is largely belief driven, that makes the polygraph process all the more a "faith-based science".

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #38 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:47pm
Dan Mangan wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:36pm:
Ex Member wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 8:24pm:
The probability corresponds to what someone believes to be true within certain constraints.

Sounds like a scientific wild-ass guess on top of another scientific wild-ass guess.

Or, to put it another way, given that the Bayes Theorem component is largely belief driven, that makes the polygraph process all the more a "faith-based science".

Ark and Dan – let's quit bandying words about and just tell it like it is.  There is no such thing as a "lying reaction"!  Therefore, there is no such thing as a "lie detector"! What the polygraph measures is nervousness or what's known as the fight or flight response. So all this talk about theories is nothing but bullshit. The polygraph is a joke – a sick joke. And we need to stop buying into the polygraph operators' propaganda  because it is nothing but BULLSHIT!

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #39 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:57pm
You'd better watch it Dan, or he'll tell you to shut up too.  He can't handle the truth - and he doesn't want anyone else to know the truth either.

Probability is inherently probabilistic.

Where I have the problem, is when senior officials decide to take unfavorable actions against someone based solely on the probability that they did, or are likely to do "something."

Were you aware that there are DOD regulations that explicitly prohibit that very sort of abuse from happening.

What's more, Doctors have determined that being exposed to five polygraph interrogations in three years, caused me to have three nervous breakdowns, an anxiety disorder and PTSD.   

Get this - These very regulations also direct that individuals with emotional, psychological or mental disabilities be exempted from "testing".

Last Friday, I received indisputable material facts from a federal judge that shows the DIA Office of Security is violating a higher authority and violating my individual rights.

I have your next book Andy.

"The polygraph examination is a supplement to, not a substitute for, other methods of investigation.  No, unfavorable administrative action shall be taken based solely on its results."  ~ DODI 5210.91.
Twitter  
IP Logged

God Member

Reply #40 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 10:34pm
John M. wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:57pm:
You'd better watch it Dan, or he'll tell you to shut up too.  He can't handle the truth - and he doesn't want anyone else to know the truth either.

What the crappity smack are you talking about? I just told you to stop being Xenonman II.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #41 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 10:35pm
Dan Mangan wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:36pm:

Exactly my point. If the a-priori is not valid, then nothing else is as well.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #42 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 10:40pm
What the crappity smack are you talking about?

How intellectual.

Look jackass, if you think something I said is incorrect, then say something logical in response, or keep your snarky comments to the people you abuse in person.

Twitter  
IP Logged

God Member

Reply #43 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 10:43pm
John, 
Again, what the crappity smack are you talking about? Who do I abuse?

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #44 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 10:58pm
Doug Williams wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 9:47pm:
So all this talk about theories is nothing but bullshit.

Doug, I don't think anyone was defending these theories, just shaking them out to see if they pass the reasonableness test.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Looking for exam transcripts

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X