Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) For those that think all of us are trying to lie about molestation... (Read 31814 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box American Slave

Re: For those that think all of us are trying to lie about molestation...
Reply #30 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 11:11pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
I meant to say that the U.S. sends more non-violent offenders to jail than anywhere else in the WORLD.

That don't just send more non-violent offenders to jail than anywhere in the world, we simply have the world's largest inmate population and incarceration rate.  In face, per capita, we have fewer free citizens than any nation on the planet.  When you add in all detainees, parolees, probationers, etc we are hands down the least free nation on Earth.  We are also the most heavily policed and spied on.  Our legislatures pump out more laws in one year than most contries do in a decade.  Land of the free?  I think not.

When it comes to sex offenses, it alone is a multi-billion dollar a year business.  Currently, there are close to one million registered sex offenders in the US, and some therapists believe it'll increase in the next 10 years to where 1 in 10 adult men will be registered sex offenders.  Imagine the windfalls that will be pumped into the failing US economy.  If you want to know what value all these strick draconian laws add to society...follow the money.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #31 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 5:49pm
Quote:
All of the above are considered normal and aren't listed as disorders in major diagnostics manuals.

The only recent revisions in the DSM-IV-TR regarding a case of a pedophilic disorder was to change the disorder name from “pedophilia” to “pedophilic disorder” to maintain consistency with the chapter’s other disorder listings. 

The goal of therapy is not to remove the sexual attraction to minors, but rather to intervene on the thinking errors which make it okay to exploit the vulnerabilities of those who lack the life experience to give consent.

Those who fail to correct this delusional thinking run the risk of spending the rest of their lives in prison.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #32 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 11:46pm
Ark, I have three questions for you.

In your opinion...

Do sexual offender treatment programs work?

Is it possible to "deprogram" a homosexual?

What's the difference between the two?

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #33 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 12:14am
I have no clue if they work or not. 

People cannot be deprogrammed; we are products of billions of years of evolution. Hopefully though, they can be taught to stay out of jail.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #34 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 1:26am
Ark, in your opinion, is it a reasonable theory that sex offender treatment programs can -- in some cases -- also function as workshops to create more savvy criminals who learn to re-offend with a reduced likelihood of detection?

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #35 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 1:28am
Indeed, some of the posters here seem to fit that profile if you ask me.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PersecutedInWisconsin

Reply #36 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 6:09pm
.... sex offenders, as a whole, have a lower recidivism rate than any other crime category except murderers (5.3%). Ark buys into the media hype; his position on SO's seems to stem from that.

That being said, just because a therapist or p.o. says 'don't watch jurassic world', and someone does, that means that person is ripe for reoffense?

Therapy tends to center around where the person was at in terms of mental state and cognition around the time of the offense. The cycle - which identifies triggers and red flags and all that good stuff - leads to a relapse prevention plan that helps offenders identify high-risk situations to stay away from, thus preventing the offender from putting himself in a position to be in the frame of mind to offend again... and it all works. Watching a pg-13 movie has nothing to do with that at all.

Where I am from,  no offenders are allowed to own vans. Why?  Because someone, somewhere, at least one time,  raped someone or abducted a child in a van. Nevermind the fact that someone who had sex with a 16 year old when he was 19 has nothing to do with this... they take the worst cases possible, and apply those restrictions to everyone. That's the media hype. Probation and parole put these stupid rules in place to placate an ignorant public... and Ark seems to be buying into that hype with his nonsensical statements. Putting people in prison for watching pg-13 movies is horrible policy, no matter how you try to justify it.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #37 - Aug 6th, 2016 at 9:24pm
Quote:
Ark buys into the media hype; his position on SO's seems to stem from that.

I'm confused. Where did I state my position on sex offenders? I only proffered that someone who has been arrested for having sex with a minor would be wise to correct their distorted thinking, otherwise they risk a life of incarceration. I have seen minor girls who I consider sexually attractive, but I do not engage in cognitive distortions which would lead to exploiting them. 

Doc and George's position is that therapy is intrinsically flawed and futile if the polygraph is a component of the treatment model. This may be true, but I stand by my original point that I'm uncomfortable with waldenrefugee being in a dark place spending time scheming on how to get over on his therapist and PO--it is not a good place for him to be. But, then again, I'm a pocket protector using engineer and psychology may just be a bunch of bullshit for all I know... Cool
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2016 at 12:07am by Ex Member »  

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #38 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 2:13am
Ark, let me play devil's advocate...

You said in a recent post that you "don't have a clue" as to whether SOTx programs work.

Yet, you have repeatedly implored SOs to work their program.

There's a disconnect there.

I spent over five years polygraphing SOs behind the prison walls. So naturally, I'm curious...

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to your unwavering support for SO "treatment."
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2016 at 11:06am by Dan Mangan »  
IP Logged

God Member

Reply #39 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 2:17am
Dan,
How about contributing to the conversation instead of popping in and out like a leprechaun posting questions then disappearing? You are the full APA member with the Certifications, who worked years as a PCSOT polygraph expert.

Take it way....

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #40 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 2:26am
A most clumsy dodge.

You, sir, are a faker.

Get the hell out of here.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #41 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 2:34am
Finally got your goat.  Wink

Keep aiming for that bully pulpit.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #42 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 2:43am
Keep dodging, you faker.

I'm sure you are deeply connected to the polygraph indu$try.

If you aren't, why not step up and identify yourself?

[cue crickets]

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PersecutedInWisconsin

Reply #43 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 12:58pm
Ark... the guy is not sitting in a dark corner scheming to get one over on his therapist and PO.  He is trying to educate himself on how to live a normal life despite the system painting him with the same brush as the worst of the worst. Watching 'jurassic world' is not a crime, and he should not receive consequences  for watching it. Justify to us why he should be sanctioned or go to prison for watching that movie.

Your whole view is skewed.  Your 'sitting in a dark corner scheming' comment shows bias. An alphabet soup agency candidate trying to cover up past misdeeds by beating a poly shows more deviance than a guy who made a mistake trying to 'get away with' watching Jurassic World. I have read quite a few of your posts over the years, and you show bias towards so's. It is clear that no matter what they say, or whatever their cases are, you always resort to thinking that anything they do is a result of the same flawed thinking that ended up with them offending in the first place. For all the knowledge you seem to posess, you are just as ignorant on the SO issue as the public is.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #44 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 2:27pm
Quote:
For all the knowledge you seem to posess, you are just as ignorant on the SO issue as the public is.

So there is nothing wrong with guys who exploit teeners into having sex? They were just sowing their wild oats and the system is just out to get them? And myself and society have it all wrong? Therapy is just a waste of time, except for bringing in money, and these fellows will be just fine if we leave them alone? I am not being sarcastic, I want to be sure I have your perspective correct.

Now if you go back and read waldenrefugee's original post, I do not see the issue as having watched Jurassic World; that was the minimization. Although lacking much detail, I perceive the post as indeed being in a dark place having the burden of many indiscretions and seeking a means to avoid detection. This is diverse from using countermeasures to avoid the chances of a false positive.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2016 at 4:37pm by Ex Member »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
For those that think all of us are trying to lie about molestation...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X