Normal Topic If I'm given a probation violation for failed poly (Read 1735 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyphish

If I'm given a probation violation for failed poly
Jun 14th, 2021 at 4:51pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
What are the possible repercussions? Polygraph results are not a form of evidence are they? If i failed my poly yet have nothing to hide how can they use a poly against me? I'm succeeding very well in my probation so why does it seem like they're phishing to find some way to get me in trouble? Are they able to evade the burden of proof and just get me in trouble for nothing?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: If I'm given a probation violation for failed poly
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2021 at 6:06pm
The answer to your question will vary from state to state. In some states, failing a polygraph can lead to expulsion from a mandatory therapy program and in turn, a prison sentence. This was the recent experience of Benjamin Petty of Oklahoma, whose case is discussed on the blog here:

https://antipolygraph.org/blog/2020/11/22/oklahoma-probationer-benjamin-lawrence...

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Perry Mason
New User

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2021 at 7:10pm
You need an attorney, immediately!  Preferably, an attorney who knows the lie behind the lie detector.

In most jurisdictions, the standard of proof necessary to revoke probation is far less than beyond a reasonable doubt.  If you flunked the "test", you should take action immediately.

I am willing to help you or your attorney.  Please contact me privately if you want to discuss your situation.  Good luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyphish

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2021 at 4:49pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Jun 14th, 2021 at 6:06pm:
The answer to your question will vary from state to state. In some states, failing a polygraph can lead to expulsion from a mandatory therapy program and in turn, a prison sentence. This was the recent experience of Benjamin Petty of Oklahoma, whose case is discussed on the blog here:

https://antipolygraph.org/blog/2020/11/22/oklahoma-probationer-benjamin-lawrence...

That's awful, my case is not at all similar but it's ridiculous that someone's life can be destroyed instantly (albeit his crime was heinous) for perhaps lying on his test. It doesn't make any sense. The people testing him could even have had a bias knowing the crimes and wanted to see him punished considering the type of test..

Anyway. I dont want to go into too much specific detail but I fear my life is headed towards something close to hell. I don't know what the judge will say when he hears my test results but I'm doing 100% on EVERY probation requirement except unable to "pass" these tests. Should I take a fourth one?o

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2021 at 10:17am
Polyphish, what happened to Benjamin Petty is indeed awful. While the crimes to which he pled guilty are heinous, based on reporting by Randy Ellis for The Oklahoman, I think it is likely that those crimes did not occur:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/columns/2020/11/15/man-who-pleaded-guilty-t...

As for whether you should take a fourth polygraph, in the absence of a requirement from your probation officer or therapist, I would advise against it.
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2021 at 2:24pm by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

If I'm given a probation violation for failed poly

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X