Normal Topic "Failed" Polygraph ruined my relationship! (Read 2514 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Brenda

"Failed" Polygraph ruined my relationship!
Aug 7th, 2014 at 3:15pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My boyfriend and I have been on and off for three years.
We were young and not 100% committed during the first year and a half. We broke up for 6 months, tried to find ourselves and ran off to Seattle together. 
No distractions. Just eachother. But the past came up to haunt us... He constantly thought I was cheating. Accused me of the craziest things and literally looked for reasons to believe I was cheating. 
We went on a 4day meth binge, and his paranoia kicked in. (Yeah bad idea. I'm clean now) 
It was 4 days of him convincing himself how I cheated, with who and when. 
Anyway, after a nigt of sleep he was still convinced? So I begged him to let me take a polygraph. Because I LOVE this man and made a promise to not fuxk things up again. Not to mention, I worked all the time.... 

Anyway, so I paid the 275 bucks to take an infidelity polygraph and I freaking failed? I don't know why or how. His baseline questions were odd and weren't black or white and had a lot to do with my past. I don't understand how I failed it. Maybe the meth? The 4 days of fighting about it? 
Needless to say the love of my life broke up with me .
Unless I admit and tell him how and with how many.
I refuse to make up a story about how I cheated just to win him back. I was 100% faithful and that polygraph ruined my life. I wouldn't have begged for or even paid for a test that I thought I was going to fail. 

Has anyone else ever had a similar situation? 
I want to take another one just to clear my name with him... But I'm genuinely afraid of the same outcome. 
Please help.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Re: "Failed" Polygraph ruined my relationship!
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2014 at 3:57pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Brenda,

I don't think you need another polygraph exam. I strongly suggest you seek psychotherapy and substance abuse counseling. 

If you are still in the Seattle area, you can call the Washington Recovery Help Line: 866-789-1511

IP Logged

"Failed" Polygraph ruined my relationship!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X