Normal Topic Proper Polygraph????? (Read 1719 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pinky

Proper Polygraph?????
Aug 13th, 2014 at 3:16am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I had a previous post on my polygraph experience but wanted to ask a question about my friend's polygraph experience. His polygraph was for a law enforcement job. He has never used any drug in his life, I known him since we were 10. Anyways, prior to the exam, I know they will do an interview before hooking up the machine.

I found it weird that the examiner grilled him about the drug question prior to the actual polygraph. Is this normal? Reason why I asked is because I was grilled on the control questions but was interrogated on the relevant questions after the exam.

My question is, why would she do this if it fired him up so much that they started arguing? She accused him of being a drug runner because he lived by the border. Wouldn't this cause a major reaction on the polygraph when the drug question came up? Examiners if you can answer as well, please.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Re: Proper Polygraph?????
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 1:31pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Getting the applicant "fired up" on the relevant questions to the extent an argument ensues during the pre-test interview is a prescription for disaster.

However, the entire process should have been video recorded.

A review by an independent polygraph consultant would be helpful in determining whether the polygrapher was out of line.

That said, the chances of the video being released are slim. Why? When it comes to LE's use of polygraph, it's typically a one-way street.

IP Logged

Proper Polygraph?????

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X