Normal Topic Rite of passage (Read 1491 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box McCaverty
New User

Rite of passage
Jul 19th, 2014 at 9:54pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have an upcoming polygraph for a clerical position for a municipality. Of course I'm nervous about it, but I sort of question it's weight in the hiring process. I mean, I applied and was selected to go on to the clerical skills test. I passed those and then was selected for a phone interview. That went well enough for a real interview which also went well, and now the polygraph is the last step. Which makes me wonder what they do if the last few (and logically the "best" in all other aspects) candidates fail the polygraph...it also bothers me that the polygraph is a condition of employment but they don't tell you that until you get through all the other steps. I get that it is logistically more convenient to polygraph the smallest number of candidates but if they would advertise it as a condition of employment to begin with they would likely have fewer candidates to sort through in the first place.

As a side note, a friend of mine went through the process and currently works there, and he said he inadvertently "lied" on one of the questions (which didn't raise any flags) and that the one inconsistency they brought to his attention was a question he had definitely told the truth about.

IP Logged

Rite of passage

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X