Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is It a Crime to Provide or Receive Polygraph Countermeasure Training? (Read 175726 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Re: Is It a Crime to Provide or Receive Polygraph Countermeasure Training?
Reply #90 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 11:48pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
quickfix wrote on Feb 21st, 2014 at 10:31pm:
Doug Williams wrote on Feb 21st, 2014 at 9:47pm:
But let me suggest that you would be more comfortable in an oppressive regime like North Korea or Iran - you would certainly be able to use your insidious Orwellian instrument of torture more freely there.Perhaps you and all your polygraph buddies should move instead.

George, I like it here just fine, so I think my buddies and I will stay put.

I'm all for free speech, and I don't think anything is wrong in investigating someone suspected of helping an unqualified applicant or a convicted sex offender "pass" their polygraph.  As I have said before, if your wife or daughter were raped or murdered, and the perpetrator passed a polygraph exam after "training" with Doug Williams, you might think differently.  Food for thought.

Describing my training as teaching "countermeasures" so liars can pass the polygraph "test" is the same thing as describing the polygraph as a "lie detector"!  Both descriptions are PURE, UNADULTERATED BULLSHIT!  The word "countermeasures" can only be used to describe polygraph chart manipulation by the subject of a polygraph "test" when two conditions are met: 1) The polygraph "test" must be proven to be 100% accurate and reliable as a "lie detector", and 2) the person is attempting to deliberately lie.  There is never a case where BOTH of these conditions are met.  In other words, you could only claim "countermeasures" are being used to thwart the polygraph operator's ability to detect deception IF the polygraph is able to detect deception accurately 100% of the time and that that deception would be detected were it not for the use of "countermeasures" by a person intent on being deceptive.  But, since many people know that just telling the truth only works half the time - i.e. the US Supreme Court, and the NAS report, among others, saying it is no more accurate than the toss of a coin - then a prudent person would try to mitigate the very strong probability of being falsely branded as a liar by learning how to produce a "truthful" chart.  That would not be using "countermeasures" - that would be using common sense! 

Why do polygraph operators tell people not to research the polygraph before they take their test?  It is very simple - the only way they can intimidate people with the polygraph is to keep them ignorant about how it works.  When polygraph operators say I teach people "countermeasures" in order for them to "beat the test".  I simply say, that's bullshit, because polygraph operators routinely call truthful people liars - and my technique is the only way for honest, truthful people to protect themselves from being falsely accused of lying.  Go to the MEDIA page and watch the CBS 60 MINUTES investigative report I helped to produce and see the proof yourself - three out of three polygraph operators called three different truthful people liars on a crime that never even happened!  You may also enjoy watching me prove THE LIE DETECTOR IS BULLSHIT on Showtime's PENN & TELLER: BULLSHIT!

So, let me emphasize this - I DON'T TEACH SO-CALLED "COUNTERMEASURES" - I simply teach people how to ALWAYS PASS by knowing how to show a perfect "truthful" polygraph chart!  The word "countermeasures" is a word that has been misappropriated by polygraph examiners - it is used to describe what they say is a means to thwart their ability to detect deception.  But polygraph operators have always maintained that they can tell when a person is using these so-called "countermeasures".  If that is true, how can anyone use them "beat" the test?  But, for the sake of argument, let me ask a few more pertinent questions:  If people can indeed be taught to use "countermeasures" to "beat the test", wouldn't that prove the polygraph is not a "lie detector"?  Does the validity and reliability of the polygraph test demand that the subjects of the test must be ignorant about how it works?  If anyone could be taught how to produce and/or prevent a reaction on the polygraph at will, wouldn't that make the whole idea of a "lie detector" a fraud?   And wouldn't polygraph operators have to admit their little machine is actually just a sick joke - and that the polygraph instrument is simply a prop used by an interrogator to frighten people into making admissions and confessions?  And would it not be prudent for the government to quit wasting money on something that is nothing but a fraud and a con job?  The fact is the answer to all these questions is a resounding YES! 

Polygraph operators do not want to debate the validity of the polygraph as a "lie detector" because they will lose.  And these con men certainly don't want to answer any of the questions I have posed!  They know they cannot prove the polygraph is valid and reliable as a "lie detector", and they know they can't justify their actions - so they just say that people who get my training are all lying and are only doing research on the polygraph in order to "beat the test".  Again, I say that is just BULLSHIT!  I have spent almost forty years proving that the "lie detector" is just a myth, and it is common knowledge that just telling the truth only works half the time, so people are smart enough to know that they must LEARN HOW TO PASS or they will be falsely accused of lying.  I don't teach any so-called "countermeasures"!  I don't teach people how to "beat" the test!  The fact is, people are getting my manual & video/DVD and my personal training because they are telling the truth and just want to make sure they pass - they know that just telling the truth doesn't work!  The methods I teach are very simple.  I just show people how to remain calm when answering a relevant question and how to produce a reaction when answering the control questions so as to always produce what the polygraph operators say is a "truthful chart".  I have a manual, entitled HOW TO STING THE POLYGRAPH, and a DVD that teaches people exactly how to do this - it is available in the STORE  page of my website www.polygraph.com. ; I also give practice polygraph tests on my own polygraph instrument to show them how well my technique works - for more information about this, go to the PERSONAL TRAINING page of my website.

I am the only licensed polygraph expert who has ever told the truth about the polygraph, and the truth is, the polygraph is not a "lie detector".  I have been telling the truth about the scam called lie detection for almost forty years now in hopes of destroying the dangerous myth of "lie detection".  Carl Sagan said, "If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth."  I was instrumental in destroying a large part of the polygraph industry by getting most polygraph testing outlawed in the private sector.  In 1988, with the passage of the EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT, administering polygraph tests actually became a federal crime!  Even the U.S. Supreme Court refused to admit polygraph results into evidence, and ironically it was the U.S. Justice Department who argued that the polygraph results were not reliable and should not be admitted into evidence!  I was a member of the Office of Technology Assessment, (an investigative arm of the U.S. Congress), studying the validity and reliability of the polygraph - our report basically said it was worthless as a "lie detector".   I also testified in the U.S. Congress in support of the EPPA.  Click here to read a transcript of my testimony: http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015011381806;view=1up;seq=281 ; (My testimony begins on pg 275)  Here is an interesting piece of historical trivia:  When I testified in Congress, I put my manual, HOW TO STING THE POLYGRAPH into the Congressional Record, and the Senators and Representatives distributed more copies of my manual between 1984 and 1988 than anyone has ever distributed - including me! They sent them out by the tens of thousands in response to requests from constituents.  But, there were exclusions written into the law that allowed the government - local state and federal - to continue to use the polygraph. They attempt to justify these exclusions on the grounds that the government needs this tool to protect national security and the law enforcement officials need it to protect the integrity of the criminal justice system.  I have proved the polygraph is not a "lie detector" - the Congress, the Justice Department, the OTA, and all those with any scientific credibility agree with me - so there is no justification for the government to continue to use it on the pretext that it protects our national security or the integrity of the criminal justice system. 

It is FOOLISH and DANGEROUS to use the polygraph as "lie detector" - the theory of "lie detection" is nothing but junk science.  It is based on a faulty scientific premise. The polygraph operators have the audacity to say that there is such a thing as a "reaction indicative of deception", when I can prove that "lying reaction" is simply a nervous reaction commonly referred to as the fight or flight syndrome. In fact, the polygraph is nothing but a psychological billy club that is used to coerce a person into making admissions or confessions.  It is FOOLISH and DANGEROUS for government agencies to rely on the polygraph to "test" applicants, or to conduct any type of investigations relating to national security.  It is FOOLISH and DANGEROUS for the criminal justice system to rely on an instrument that has been thoroughly discredited to determine whether or not a person is truthful or deceptive, or to use it to guide their investigations in any way - especially when the results cannot even be used as evidence in a court of law!  And it is FOOLISH and DANGEROUS for anyone to believe they will pass their polygraph "test" if they just tell the truth!  When you factor in all the damage done to people who are falsely branded as liars by these con men and their unconscionable conduct, this fraud of "lie detection" perpetrated by the polygraph industry should be a federal crime!  The protection provided to some people by the EPPA should be extended to protect everyone from this insidious Orwellian instrument of torture!  Shame on anyone who administers these "tests" - and shame on the government for continuing to allow this state sponsored sadism! 

So, here we have this diabolical dichotomy - the government protects some people from polygraph abuse and perpetrates polygraph abuse on others!   The Congress outlaws the use of the polygraph in the private sector, (and distributes my manuals, teaching people how to pass their tests), the Justice Department argues that it should not be used as evidence in court, the Supreme Courts agrees and refuses to allow polygraph results into evidence, and the OTA issues a report saying all the scientific evidence proves it is not reliable - yet, after all this, many government agencies greatly expand the use of the polygraph to numbers never seen before in the history of the country!   

So what explains this schizophrenia in the government?  Why do they outlaw it in one area and expand it in another?   I'm afraid I know - I think President Nixon told us why the government uses it when he said, "I don't know anything about polygraphs, and I don't know how accurate they are, but I know they'll scare the hell out of people, and that's why I like to use them!"  That mentality regarding the polygraph is the very reason I do what I do!  I educate people about the polygraph so that the polygraph thugs can't use it to scare the hell out of them - and even worse, call them liars simply because they have a nervous reaction on a relevant question!  I teach people how to prove they are telling the truth because just telling the truth really only works about half the time!  A person will probably fail their polygraph test unless they are trained to show the polygraph examiner what he expects to see from a truthful person. I have been asked this question many times:  Can liars use this information to pass just as easily as truthful people?  The answer to that question is YES!  I have no control over who gets the information in my manual and video/DVD.  But let me make this perfectly clear - I assume that people come to me for personal training because they know that just telling the truth only works about half the time.   And, except for frivolous cases such as fidelity testing, or for demonstrations on television programs, speaking engagements and seminars, I will not knowingly teach a person to deliberately lie!   Besides, liars can pass easily whether they have been trained or not - history is full of people who have lied and passed polygraphs with no problem.  Aldridge Ames, the notorious spy, passed many polygraph exams - and he was an active spy when he took, (and passed) several polygraph tests!  Recently, the government said they need to use the polygraph in order "to stop the next Edward Snowden" and "prevent leaks by keeping employees honest".  This reasoning is absolutely absurd!  Snowden has said he got that job at NSA solely for the purpose of getting access to that information - information he planned from the outset to disclose - and he passed two polygraph tests knowing what he planned to do.  How is the use of the polygraph going to stop "the next Edward Snowden" when it didn't stop the first one?  As a matter of fact there has never been even one spy ever caught by the polygraph!  I have often demonstrated how simple it is to "beat the box" on national television programs.  It is true that anyone can use my techniques to pass their polygraph test regardless of whether they are nervous or not, lying or not, no matter what.  I have said that for over 40 years.  I say it in hopes that those who use this instrument will realize that it is not accurate or reliable as a "lie detector" and will quit using it!

By describing my training as "countermeasures" that people use in order to pass a polygraph as a form of cheating, or something used only by liars who are trying to "beat" the "lie detector", polygraph operators are asserting something as a fact that is absolutely false - something that all evidence proves is false; i.e. that the polygraph is accurate, reliable, and effective in detecting truth and detecting deception. All the scientific evidence available proves that the polygraph is none of those things. The polygraph is no more accurate than the toss of a coin - in other words it is only able to detect deception approximately 50% of the time. This also means that unless truthful people get prepared to pass the test, over 50% of the time the polygraph con men will brand them as liars just because they are nervous.  A sad irony is that often the people polygraph operators accuse people of using "countermeasures" are those who have no idea what that even means!  As a matter of fact, polygraph operators are now so paranoid that one of the questions frequently asked on the polygraph test itself is if the subject has read my manual.  Many of these unscrupulous jerks will fail or disqualify people just because they are suspected of the horrible Orwellian "thought crime" of educating themselves!  But trying to "catch" anyone who uses the information in my manual and video/DVD to pass their polygraph test is an exercise in futility on the part of the polygraph operator, because everyone who uses the Sting Technique will ALWAYS PASS - and the only thing the polygraph operator will see is a perfect, natural truthful chart!  As a matter of fact, the information in my manual is so effective, (and because the polygraph as a "lie detector" is so ineffective), the information in my manual and video/DVD is considered to be "contraband" - it is actually prohibited by Big Brother polygraphers in the government!  This proves that polygraph operators are today's version of the thugs employed by Orwell's Ministry of Truth! The thugs in the ministry spread a new language amongst the populace called Newspeak in which, for example, "truth" is understood to mean statements like 2 + 2 = 5 when the situation warrants – or in the case of the polygraph operators a nervous reaction ALWAYS indicates deception.  Polygraph operators, (and the agencies who employ them), are trying desperately to keep the myth of "lie detection" intact, and will do everything they can to punish anyone who exposes them for the frauds and conmen that they are!  Click here http://www.polygraph.com/index.php?from-cop-to-crusader to read an excerpt from the second edition of my book FROM COP TO CRUSADER and see how far the government will go to punish me for exposing the myth of "lie detection"!

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #91 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 2:47pm
blah blah blah quack quack quack cut and paste the same rhetoric.

Listening to you is FOOLISH and DANGEROUS.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #92 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 4:19pm
quickfix wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 2:47pm:
blah blah blah quack quack quack cut and paste the same rhetoric.

Listening to you is FOOLISH and DANGEROUS.

While you, on the other hand, elevate the conversation with your eloquent rebuttals to my "rhetoric".   Roll Eyes

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #93 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 7:06pm
Doug,

I think you have an excellent civil rights case. There's plenty of case law to back up your lawsuit. Go for it.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #94 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 8:31pm
Twoblock wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 7:06pm:
Doug,

I think you have an excellent civil rights case. There's plenty of case law to back up your lawsuit. Go for it.

Unfortunately justice is a commodity - you only get what you can pay for.  The DOJ has unlimited resources - I don't.

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Aunty Agony
Very Senior User

Reply #95 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 10:14pm
...if your wife or daughter were raped or murdered, and the perpetrator passed a polygraph exam after "training" with Doug Williams, you might think differently...

I would certainly be furious beyond mere words at the criminally incompetent LEOs who tried to rely on the polygraph instead of doing their jobs properly.

-Aunty Agony.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #96 - Feb 22nd, 2014 at 10:29pm
Aunty Agony wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 10:14pm:
...if your wife or daughter were raped or murdered, and the perpetrator passed a polygraph exam after "training" with Doug Williams, you might think differently...

I would certainly be furious beyond mere words at the criminally incompetent LEOs who tried to rely on the polygraph instead of doing their jobs properly.

-Aunty Agony.

You are absolutely right AA!   

And I might also note that Quickfix is the first polygraph operator to go on record and freely admit that a person could be "trained" to pass a polygraph test.   

That makes my case and proves the polygraph is not a "lie detector".  If a person can be trained to control every tracing on the polygraph chart and produce a "truthful" chart at will, that is prima facie evidence that the polygraph is absolutely worthless as a "lie detector".  Congratulations Quickfix for finally admitting something that polygraphers have always denied.

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #97 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 3:37am
Doug,

Study the 1st., 4th. and 14th. Amendments (those seem to cover your situation) and file it pro se. It costs $450.00 to file a lawsuit in federal court. I am in the process of doing a fed. suit for my grandson. His 1st., 4th., 8th. and 14th. Amendment rights were violated many times. This is a first for me in this realm so I have to burn midnight oil studying these statutes. I don't have to study any more for ADA and Sec. 504 Rehab. Act lawsuits. I know those by heart. Lawyers will tell you that it's almost an impossibility to win a 14th. Amendment Sec. 1983 lawsuit because of immunities. That's bunk when a 1983 is brought correctly. The only problem with a pro se lawsuit is that you don't get to argue your case in front of the fed. judge or a panel of three appellate judges. Only bar lawyers can do that. I would love to argue cases before a fed. judge.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #98 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 6:20pm
Doug Williams wrote on Feb 22nd, 2014 at 10:29pm:
You are absolutely right AA!And I might also note that Quickfix is the first polygraph operator to go on record and freely admit that a person could be "trained" to pass a polygraph test.That makes my case and proves the polygraph is not a "lie detector".If a person can be trained to control every tracing on the polygraph chart and produce a "truthful" chart at will, that is prima facie evidence that the polygraph is absolutely worthless as a "lie detector".Congratulations Quickfix for finally admitting something that polygraphers have always denied. 

I was speaking hypothetically;  in reality, you couldn't teach a cow to fart, much less teach someone to produce "truthful tracings".

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #99 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 9:59pm
quickfix wrote on Feb 23rd, 2014 at 6:20pm:
I was speaking hypothetically;in reality, you couldn't teach a cow to fart, much less teach someone to produce "truthful tracings".

The fact that John Schwartz and Fred Ball launched an ongoing effort to put Doug Williams in a cage is strong evidence that the federal polygraph community does not share this view.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #100 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:52am
James F. Tomsheck, who headed the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Internal Affairs section, of which the polygraph unit behind Operation Lie Busters is a part, was removed from that position yesterday:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-border-patrol-internal-affairs-...

AntiPolygraph.org has learned that Tomsheck himself was once a polygraph operator and gave the commencement address at a July 2013 NCCA graduation ceremony:

https://antipolygraph.org/blog/2014/06/10/sacked-u-s-customs-and-border-protecti...

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #101 - Jun 10th, 2014 at 2:40pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:52am:
James F. Tomsheck, who headed the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Internal Affairs section, of which the polygraph unit behind Operation Lie Busters is a part, was removed from that position yesterday:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-border-patrol-internal-affairs-...

AntiPolygraph.org has learned that Tomsheck himself was once a polygraph operator and gave the commencement address at a July 2013 NCCA graduation ceremony:

https://antipolygraph.org/blog/2014/06/10/sacked-u-s-customs-and-border-protecti...

James F. Tomsheck and the whole Internal Affairs Unit of the CBP should not only be investigated, they should be prosecuted!  This investigation should also include a very thorough investigation into the actions of Special Agent Douglas Robbins of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Office of Internal Affairs, CBP Senior Special Agent Fred C. Ball, Jr. and CBP polygraph unit chief John R. Schwartz.  They all neglected their duty, choosing instead to mount a vicious and unlawful attack on me.    

Instead of "investigating individual cases of alleged wrongdoing" they put their emphasis "toward assisting other agencies, including the Government Accountability Office and the Department of Homeland Security inspector general" - i.e. "OPERATION LIE BUSTERS".

During "OPERATION LIE BUSTERS", they spent thousands of man hours and untold amounts of money trying to persecute and intimidate me, (and others) for telling the truth about the waste, fraud and abuse in their polygraph unit.   Rather than do the job they were assigned to do (internal affairs investigations), they conducted an unscrupulous, unconstitutional attack on me!  Robbins himself told me that they had been investigating me for over three years!

Schwartz, one of the men behind "OPERATION LIE BUSTERS", said he thought that those who “protest the loudest and the longest” against polygraph testing “are the ones that I believe we need to focus our attention on.”  And so it was that James F. Tomsheck and his crew hatched a plan to "focus attention" on the one man who best fit this description, the man all polygraph operators have hated for almost forty years - one who helped put tens of thousands of them out of business in 1988 with the passage of the EPPA - yours truly, Douglas G Williams.

The "Schwartz" quoted there is John Schwartz, a Customs and Border Patrol official who is involved in the investigations. So, yeah, that's a federal government agent specifically claiming that he wants to focus his criminal investigatory power on those who speak out against polygraph testing (rather than do the job he was assigned to do - investigating allegations of wrong doing in his own agency).   

One blogger, commenting on the investigation of me, put it this way: "That sounds a hell of a lot like a police state, where federal agents publicly declare that they're going to use their criminal investigation powers to target people who oppose a program they support. Talk about chilling effects and a massive First Amendment violation.  To have a federal official, with investigatory power, who’s already involved in existing investigations flat out say that he wants to target those who speak out, is incredible. That's not the way our government is supposed to work."

This story goes much deeper than the "lack of diligence" in doing their job, and I hope there is an in-depth investigation.  These men all used (misused, and abused) the power of their office and violated my constitutional rights under color of law.  This is a story of how a group of pro-polygraph men, most of whom are polygraph operators, used their authority as federal agents in pursuit of a personal vendetta against me.  They should not only be investigated, they should be prosecuted! 

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #102 - Jun 21st, 2014 at 5:33am
Marisa Taylor and Franco Ordonez report for McClatchy that U.S. Customs and Border Protection Internal Affairs (CBP-IA), the unit to which CBP's polygraph unit, which conceived "Operation Lie Busters," belongs, is under investigation "for falsifying documents, intentionally misplacing employee complaints and bungling misconduct reports as part of a coverup to mask its failure to curb employee wrongdoing."

McClatchy's reporting suggests endemic corruption at CBP-IA. Last October, Dennis Lindsay, who was the special agent in charge of the CBP-IA office in Houston, Texas, where the polygraph unit is headquartered, committed suicide for reasons that have not been determined.

McClatchy also notes that after former CBP-IA head James Thomsheck's ouster earlier this month, "the inspector general began interviewing officials who handled [Operation Lie Busters] as part of what is being described as an 'inspection.'"

Read the entire article here:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/06/20/231045/border-agencys-watchdog-under.html

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #103 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 9:42pm
Doug Williams wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 2:40pm:
George W. Maschke wrote on Jun 10th, 2014 at 7:52am:

James F. Tomsheck and the whole Internal Affairs Unit of the CBP should not only be investigated, they should be prosecuted!  This investigation should also include a very thorough investigation into the actions of Special Agent Douglas Robbins of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Office of Internal Affairs, CBP Senior Special Agent Fred C. Ball, Jr. and CBP polygraph unit chief John R. Schwartz.  They all neglected their duty, choosing instead to mount a vicious and unlawful attack on me.    

Instead of "investigating individual cases of alleged wrongdoing" they put their emphasis "toward assisting other agencies, including the Government Accountability Office and the Department of Homeland Security inspector general" - i.e. "OPERATION LIE BUSTERS".

During "OPERATION LIE BUSTERS", they spent thousands of man hours and untold amounts of money trying to persecute and intimidate me, (and others) for telling the truth about the waste, fraud and abuse in their polygraph unit.   Rather than do the job they were assigned to do (internal affairs investigations), they conducted an unscrupulous, unconstitutional attack on me!  Robbins himself told me that they had been investigating me for over three years!

Schwartz, one of the men behind "OPERATION LIE BUSTERS", said he thought that those who “protest the loudest and the longest” against polygraph testing “are the ones that I believe we need to focus our attention on.”  And so it was that James F. Tomsheck and his crew hatched a plan to "focus attention" on the one man who best fit this description, the man all polygraph operators have hated for almost forty years - one who helped put tens of thousands of them out of business in 1988 with the passage of the EPPA - yours truly, Douglas G Williams.

The "Schwartz" quoted there is John Schwartz, a Customs and Border Patrol official who is involved in the investigations. So, yeah, that's a federal government agent specifically claiming that he wants to focus his criminal investigatory power on those who speak out against polygraph testing (rather than do the job he was assigned to do - investigating allegations of wrong doing in his own agency).   

One blogger, commenting on the investigation of me, put it this way: "That sounds a hell of a lot like a police state, where federal agents publicly declare that they're going to use their criminal investigation powers to target people who oppose a program they support. Talk about chilling effects and a massive First Amendment violation.  To have a federal official, with investigatory power, who’s already involved in existing investigations flat out say that he wants to target those who speak out, is incredible. That's not the way our government is supposed to work."

This story goes much deeper than the "lack of diligence" in doing their job, and I hope there is an in-depth investigation.  These men all used (misused, and abused) the power of their office and violated my constitutional rights under color of law.  This is a story of how a group of pro-polygraph men, most of whom are polygraph operators, used their authority as federal agents in pursuit of a personal vendetta against me.  They should not only be investigated, they should be prosecuted! 

This article states: "Under Tomsheck, a former veteran Secret Service agent, the internal affairs division also became known for pursuing controversial criminal cases. At least one of them is now being scrutinized. 

In that criminal inquiry, dubbed Operation Lie Busters, federal agents investigated instructors who claimed they can teach job applicants how to pass lie detector tests. 

In the days after Tomsheck’s ouster, the inspector general began interviewing officials who handled the criminal investigation as part of what is being described as an “inspection.” 

The criminal inquiry, which was reported by McClatchy last year, was aimed at discouraging criminals and spies from infiltrating the U.S. government by using the polygraph-beating techniques.

By attempting to prosecute the instructors, however, federal officials adopted a controversial legal stance that sharing such information should be treated as a crime.

The case sparked a debate over whether the federal government should be pursuing such instructors given questions about the reliability of lie detectors, which are not accepted by most courts as evidence against criminal defendants."

I would like to offer a few suggestions that would perhaps make this article more accurate. My editorial suggestions are in parenthesis: "Under Tomsheck, a former veteran Secret Service agent, (AND POLYGRAPH OPERATOR). the internal affairs division also became known for pursuing (A PERSONAL VENDETTA AGAINST DOUG WILLIAMS, A WELL KNOWN POLYGRAPH OPPONENT, AND ATTEMPTING TO IMPRISON HIM FOR HAVING THE AUDACITY TO EXERCISE HIS FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS AND SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE ABUSE CAUSED BY THE POLYGRAPH, AND PROVING THE POLYGRAPH WAS NOT ACCURATE AS A "LIE DETECTOR", BUT WAS RATHER A PSYCHOLOGICAL BILLY CLUB USED TO FRIGHTEN AND INTIMIATE PEOPLE).

"The criminal inquiry, which was reported by McClatchy last year, was aimed" (AT SILENCING DOUG WILLIAMS BECAUSE HE IS THE ONE WHO PROTESTS THE LOUDEST AND LONGEST AGAINST POLYGRAPH TESTING).

"The case sparked a debate over whether the federal government should be pursuing" (CRIMINAL CHARGES AGAINST DOUG WILLIAMS AND VIOLATING HIS FIRST AND FOURTH AMENDMENT RIGHTS. IN FACT, THERE WAS NO "DEBATE" - RATHER THERE WAS OVERWHELMING AGREEMENT THAT THIS WAS A CLEAR CASE OF ABUSE OF POWER AND GOVERNMENTAL OVERREACH AS EVIDENCED BY THE FACT THAT ALL THOSE INVOLVED IN OPERATION LIE BUSTERS ARE NOW THEMSELVES UNDER INVESTIGATION AND MANY, INCLUDING JAMES F. THOMSHEK HIMSELF, HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THEIR POSITIONS).

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Chad Dixon Released from Prison
Reply #104 - Jul 6th, 2014 at 5:46am
On Wednesday, 2 July 2014, Chad Dixon was released from the United States Penitentiary at Marion, Illinois after completing his 8-month sentence. Dixon is the only person to have been criminally charged in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's "Operation Lie Busters," an evidently still ongoing criminal investigation into people who teach others how to pass polygraph "tests."

I think that CBP and other federal agencies' targeting and entrapment of Dixon, as well as their raid on Doug Williams (who has not been charged with any crime), and possible entrapment attempt against me, has been a tremendous overreach and abuse of authority, as well as a waste of taxpayer dollars and investigative resources.

chad-dixon-released.png ( 175 KB | Downloads )
chad-dixon-released.png

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Is It a Crime to Provide or Receive Polygraph Countermeasure Training?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X