Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How do I react to control questions? (Read 49051 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Re: How do I react to control questions?
Reply #45 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 12:55am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Spoken like a true whining looser who can't address the answers to his questions to which he asked for a response. Go catch those evil terrorist dudes who are using CMs to thwart your whole industry or join the pity party that is probably going on at the APA website.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #46 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 1:07am
SanchoPanza wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 at 12:27am:
So Dr. Maschke, You write a book that repeatedly tells the reader that it is OK to lie and tries to teach the reader how to successfully lie, but if someone then uses your advice, obtains release and murders your family, you claim you have no share in the responsibility?  That's a pile of fertilizer and you know it. 

It's obvious you value your self annointed position as the anti-polygraph guru more than you value your family. Do they know that?  Twoblock, Notguilty1, Mr. Cullen, if you agree with Dr. Maschke on this I can now understand why my comments regarding integrity appeared so far beyond your comprehension. 

How do you know that Gary Ridgeway didn't use some type af counter measure with a polygraph examiner who was untrained in spotting them. Whose fault would him passing his test be? I'm betting each and everyone of will refuse to point a single finger at whoever gave Ridgeway the advice. 

I would imagine that you all believe that nothing that has ever happened to you has ever been the result of your own actions. You have a deep seated need to blame others for anything that might be your own fault. You probably blame meter maids for your parking tickets and Leprechans for insufficient green marshmellow clovers in your "lucky Charms"

I'm going to leave this board for awhile. I'm sure that you will spend the next few days patting yourselves on the back and gloating that you chased me out of here. For the record, the real reason I'm leaving is that your immoral stench would knock a flock of buzzards off of a gut wagon and I am going to seek the company of those who don't make me want to puke. I know that whether I come back 2 days, 20 years or never,   2 things will be guarenteed.  #1 Polygraph will still be in use, gaining in popularity and  court acceptance and #2 You guys will still be here whining. You couldn't organize the closure of a lemonade stand much less do away with polygraph. 

DR. Maschke you may delete this post if the truth hurts too much. Although if you do, I would expect you to manufacture some bogus reason for deletion. 

You may now commence to wallow and grunt amoung yourselves.  

SanchoPanza Grin

Well now that the big wind has blown over he is if nothing else consistent in his delusion. 
In this particular post he wants us to believe  that Gary Ridgeways passing his poly must be Georges fault!! Not to mention his subsequent victim's 

So, to recap:

If some one fails the poly and tells the truth he must be lying or an acceptable casualt. 

If some one passes the poly by lying it must be George's fault.

If someone uses any information that allows them to defeat a ploy regardless if they figured it out on their own or not and goes on to continue his crimes. It cannot be that the "test" is full of holes again.....
IT MUST BE GEORGE'S FAULT.

Any evidence that shows that polygraph is not a valid test as used is aiding the terrorists and child molesters and not valid information that needs to be addressed.

Any one that has been victimized by this pseudo-science that speaks out in any way should not say a word so that the scam can continue.

If you failed a test stop whining and look DEEP inside because you must be hiding something Sancho knows that.

Sancho is an expert on ALL things so don't bother debating him.

When the masses come out and put Sancho on the hot seat he feels very alone and leaves to go to where he is appreciated.

WOW!! I know why he's leaving he must be exhausted !! Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #47 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 1:49am
Sancho Panza

Further to my last post. You probably won't admit it, but our interaction started off as a fairly intelligent debate. One of my hobbies has always been debating. I didn't belittle you even though you did me. When I called you on it you retracted it and the debate continued in an adult manor. You just happened to pick a subject or two in which I am well versed. Particularly particle accelerators. When it appeared that you had a matched opponent, you went childish on me and I will admit I started responding in kind. Your last post was completely adolescent.

Just wanted to let you and everyone else know that you started the downward trend.

BTW - I will stack my honesty and integrity with yours any and every day.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #48 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 3:16am

Twoblock wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 at 1:49am:
Sancho Panza

Further to my last post. You probably won't admit it, but our interaction started off as a fairly intelligent debate. One of my hobbies has always been debating. I didn't belittle you even though you did me. When I called you on it you retracted it and the debate continued in an adult manor. You just happened to pick a subject or two in which I am well versed. Particularly particle accelerators. When it appeared that you had a matched opponent, you went childish on me and I will admit I started responding in kind. Your last post was completely adolescent.

Just wanted to let you and everyone else know that you started the downward trend.

BTW - I will stack my honesty and integrity with yours any and every day.

Twoblock,

I agree with you. Sancho tried matching wits using languages with me I guess in an attempt to show his supposed intelligence. 
When I responded in a language ( my first language) I was told that it was untranslatable Grin and that was the last attempt at language. 
This is his approach, make your opponent feel as if they cannot possibly match wits with him. 
He forgets or apparently didn't know that there are educated and informed people here and so his method fails. 
The approach is also, take the attention off the case at hand and on ANY thing else. Again, here he fails because we are all not here to argue language or particle accelerators but the invalidity of polygraph.
I am sure he underestimated the intelligence, education and debate ability of the posters here.
Wink Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #49 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 3:54am
SanchoPanza wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 at 12:27am:
So Dr. Maschke, You write a book that repeatedly tells the reader that it is OK to lie and tries to teach the reader how to successfully lie, but if someone then uses your advice, obtains release and murders your family, you claim you have no share in the responsibility?  That's a pile of fertilizer and you know it.

The Lie Behind the Lie Detector doesn't argue that it's "OK" to lie about relevant issues, nor was it written for the purpose of teaching readers how to successfully lie. We wrote it to educate the public about the risks and dangers associated with this fraudulent pseudoscience and to provide the truthful with a means of protecting themselves against the very serious risk of a false positive outcome.

Perhaps your perspective on this is skewed by the fact that you derive income from giving polygraph tests. Yes, I know, you haven't stated that you're a polygraph examiner. But it's writ large between the lines of your posts.

In your hypothetical scenario wherein terrorists use information from The Lie Behind the Lie Detector to thwart security measures and carry out a deadly attack, what responsibility would you attach to those who -- scoffing at the scientific consensus that polygraphy is without scientific basis and is not robust against countermeasures -- blithely continue to rely on this pseudoscience for national security purposes?

Quote:
It's obvious you value your self annointed position as the anti-polygraph guru more than you value your family. Do they know that?...

Following your logic and using your aforementioned scenario, one might argue that polygraphers who support polygraph security screening despite its lack of validity and vulnerability to countermeasures, value their jobs more than they value their families. But I don't think that's a reasonable argument to make.

Quote:
How do you know that Gary Ridgeway didn't use some type af counter measure with a polygraph examiner who was untrained in spotting them. Whose fault would him passing his test be? I'm betting each and everyone of will refuse to point a single finger at whoever gave Ridgeway the advice.

According to Ridgeway's attorney, Eric Lindell, "He didn't do anything special to pass it. He just relaxed."

Quote:
I would imagine that you all believe that nothing that has ever happened to you has ever been the result of your own actions. You have a deep seated need to blame others for anything that might be your own fault. You probably blame meter maids for your parking tickets and Leprechans for insufficient green marshmellow clovers in your "lucky Charms"

Or perhaps you have a psychological need to belittle and demean those who have been the victims of polygraphy to rationalize your practice of this pseudoscience.

Quote:
I'm going to leave this board for awhile. I'm sure that you will spend the next few days patting yourselves on the back and gloating that you chased me out of here. For the record, the real reason I'm leaving is that your immoral stench would knock a flock of buzzards off of a gut wagon and I am going to seek the company of those who don't make me want to puke. I know that whether I come back 2 days, 20 years or never,   2 things will be guarenteed.  #1 Polygraph will still be in use, gaining in popularity and  court acceptance and #2 You guys will still be here whining. You couldn't organize the closure of a lemonade stand much less do away with polygraph.

Somehow, I suspect that despite your professed aversion to our "moral stench," you'll continue to regularly peruse these forums.

Quote:
DR. Maschke you may delete this post if the truth hurts too much. Although if you do, I would expect you to manufacture some bogus reason for deletion.

You prospectively cast yourself as the victim of censorship. But have I deleted any of your posts here? Ever? No.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #50 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 2:17am
Quote:
I'm going to leave this board for awhile. I'm sure that you will spend the next few days patting yourselves on the back and gloating that you chased me out of here. For the record, the real reason I'm leaving is that your immoral stench would knock a flock of buzzards off of a gut wagon and I am going to seek the company of those who don't make me want to puke. I know that whether I come back 2 days, 20 years or never,   2 things will be guarenteed.  #1 Polygraph will still be in use, gaining in popularity and  court acceptance and #2 You guys 

will still be here whining. You couldn't organize the closure of a lemonade stand much less do away with polygraph.

Enjoy your sabbatical.

You left out #3:  And the polygraph will STILL be bogus, pseudo-scientific hogwash!   Good old fashioned flim-flam, a carnival freak show, fit for the Maury Povich (sp?)and Dr. Phil shows.   

Yeah, yeah, uh-huh, uh-huh!

TC
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2008 at 4:41am by T.M. Cullen »  

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Poly-ana

Reply #51 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 12:44am
Wow! That Sancho guys is something, huh? I think he said something along these lines earlier: 

"Why should someone who wants to pass a polygraph examination seek advice on how to pass one, from a group of people who failed? It's kind of like getting tips on how to pass a field sobriety test from a bunch of convicted drunk drivers."

Well I would like to say that poor Sancho is dead wrong once again, because guess what.... I just frickin' passed my stupid polygraph after coming to this site and hearing about other people's experiences, reading the book. And no, I didn't use countermeasures. I think it helped just to know about the process. It really did like feel like more of an interrogation. Once I knew that they were just trying to get a rise out of me to get information, I didn't get psyched out about the confrontational manner of the investigator. I now knew that was just part of their game and I didn't let it get to me, stayed calm, and I PASSED!

So no matter what narrow minded people like Sancho say, this site is valuable and it helps people. I am living proof. 

Thanks George!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Reply #52 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 1:14am
Poly-ana, Let me see if I understand what you are saying. 

Every polygraph examiner on this board tells people that they should tell the truth and avoid attempting countermeasures to pass their exams.  I also encourage people to tell  the truth and to not use countermeasures to pass their exams.

Dr. Maschke tells people to lie and use countermeasures to pass their exams.

But instead of doing what Dr. Maschke advises, you decide instead to do what all of the examiners here recommended and I recommended and you tell the truth on your exam and choose not to use countermeasures,  lo and behold. YOU PASS.   

But you attribute your passing the exam to Dr. Maschke even though you didn't follow his advice. 

That doesn't make any sense at all. 

If you want an idea of what happens to people who follow Dr. Maschke's advice, see the posts by kpminan

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #53 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 6:35am
Quote:
Every polygraph examiner on this board tells people that they should tell the truth and avoid attempting countermeasures to pass their exams.  I also encourage people to tell  the truth and to not use countermeasures to pass their exams.

Dr. Maschke tells people to lie and use countermeasures to pass their exams.

But instead of doing what Dr. Maschke advises, you decide instead to do what all of the examiners here recommended and I recommended and you tell the truth on your exam and choose not to use countermeasures,  lo and behold. YOU PASS.   

But you attribute your passing the exam to Dr. Maschke even though you didn't follow his advice.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

If you want an idea of what happens to people who follow Dr. Maschke's advice, see the posts by kpminan

Sancho Panza

Polyanna attributed her passing to learning that the polygraph is not a "test" but an "interrogation".  That the whole purpose is to extract information, not measuring the level of her truthfulness.  Something that NO polygazer on this board has ever admitted to:

Quote:
Well I would like to say that poor Sancho is dead wrong once again, because guess what.... I just frickin' passed my stupid polygraph after coming to this site and hearing about other people's experiences, reading the book. And no, I didn't use countermeasures. I think it helped just to know about the process. It really did like feel like more of an interrogation. Once I knew that they were just trying to get a rise out of me to get information, I didn't get psyched out about the confrontational manner of the investigator. I now knew that was just part of their game and I didn't let it get to me, stayed calm, and I PASSED!

Same thing I've been saying for a long time.

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #54 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 4:13pm
Mr. Cullen.

"Stay Calm, and Tell the Truth" and you'll pass the test.  That sounds more like a polygrapher talking than Dr. Maschke.  That isn't what he recommends at all. Another difference is that polygraphers don't tell people to try and cheat on their exam.

It occurs to me that since kpminam posted his statement of personal experiences here, there is now equal proof presented on this board that  countermeasures don't work and that polygraphers can detect countermeasure attempts as there is proof that Dr. Maschke told the truth on his first  polygraph test and failed anyway and that he wasn't attempting countermeasures on his second test when he was accused of trying to cheat. There is now equal proof presented on this board that  countermeasures don't work and that polygraphers can detect countermeasure attempts as there is proof that Notguilty1 told the truth on his polygraph test and failed anyway etc. etc. etc .

Dr. Mascke, the analogy refers to the sword you ran through kpminam with your false teachings and your refusal to acknowledge any responsibility for the consequences he suffered as a result of your bad advice. 

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #55 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 6:17pm
Quote:
Mr. Cullen.

"Stay Calm, and Tell the Truth" and you'll pass the test.  That sounds more like a polygrapher talking than Dr. Maschke.  That isn't what he recommends at all. Another difference is that polygraphers don't tell people to try and cheat on their exam.

It occurs to me that since kpminam posted his statement of personal experiences here, there is now equal proof presented on this board that  countermeasures don't work and that polygraphers can detect countermeasure attempts as there is proof that Dr. Maschke told the truth on his first  polygraph test and failed anyway and that he wasn't attempting countermeasures on his second test when he was accused of trying to cheat. There is now equal proof presented on this board that  countermeasures don't work and that polygraphers can detect countermeasure attempts as there is proof that Notguilty1 told the truth on his polygraph test and failed anyway etc. etc. etc .

Dr. Mascke, the analogy refers to the sword you ran through kpminam with your false teachings and your refusal to acknowledge any responsibility for the consequences he suffered as a result of your bad advice.

Knowing that the polygraph is not about detecting deception, but is in fact simply an interrogation strategy with the goal of extracting information will be helpful whether or not CM are employed.  I've used the used car lot analogy.  It would be important to know that the sales person's job is to extract the most money possible from you (via final  price, options, financing, extra warranties ...etc) , and not really there to "help" you.  One would be a gullible fool, otherwise!

Actually believing the popular myth that the polygraph machine can detect lies, and thereby be duped into volunteering information the examiner can later us against them will not be helpful, whether or not CM are employed.   

TC

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Poly-ana

Reply #56 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 10:23pm
No Sancho. You do not at all understand what I am saying. I have taken the very same polygraph test 4 times in the past 8 months. Everytime they asked the same questions. Everytime I have given the same truthful answers. The first 3 times I got rattled by the investigator and ended up not passing. The forth time I was armed with the knowledge that the guy was purposefully trying to get under my skin and scare me into confessing things... even though there was nothing to confess to. So this time I didn't panic or get psyched out and lo and behold... I passed. 

My experience is a perfect example of how the polygraph test is a load of malarchy. I was asked the exact same questions and gave the exact same answers 4 separate times and got totally different results. 2 failures, 1 inconclusive, and 1 passed. How can you explain that? It is obvious that the ploygraph cannot detect truth or lies... period.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #57 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 10:37pm
Quote:
No Sancho. You do not at all understand what I am saying. I have taken the very same polygraph test 4 times in the past 8 months. Everytime they asked the same questions. Everytime I have given the same truthful answers. The first 3 times I got rattled by the investigator and ended up not passing. The forth time I was armed with the knowledge that the guy was purposefully trying to get under my skin and scare me into confessing things... even though there was nothing to confess to. So this time I didn't panic or get psyched out and lo and behold... I passed. 

My experience is a perfect example of how the polygraph test is a load of malarchy. I was asked the exact same questions and gave the exact same answers 4 separate times and got totally different results. 2 failures, 1 inconclusive, and 1 passed. How can you explain that? It is obvious that the ploygraph cannot detect truth or lies... period.

I'm sure we will not hear any more from Ol Sancho on this one or... he'll come out with some BS line to justify his silly machine.
So what will it be Sancho?
Polyana is NOT the first person who took multiple polygraphs with different results!   
Can it be that Polygraphs do NOTHING to detect lies?? NO that can't be !! Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #58 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 10:56pm
Poly-ana, before I respond let me see if I correctly understand what you are saying.
You say you took 4 polygraph tests. 
Was it for the same agency?  
Was it the same examiner each time?

You say the questions were the same on each exam. 
By that do you mean that all of the questions asked on each examination were the same as all of the other three  examinations?

What exactly do you mean by "rattled by the investigator" and when and where did this "rattling" occur in relation to the time you were connected and answering questions?  By "rattled",  I presume you mean an attempt by the investigator to intimidate you, if that is incorrect please describe what you mean by the phrase "rattled by the investigator"

Do you live in a state that requires polygraph examiners to be licensed and certified? In a recent case discussed on this board it was learned that a fake polygraph exam was administered by an untrained detective. Is that a possibility in your case? 

If you can clear some of this up, I'll discuss it with an examiner and try to answer your questions as clearly as possible. 
Sancho Panza

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #59 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 2:28am
SanchoPanza wrote on Oct 10th, 2008 at 10:56pm:
Poly-ana, before I respond let me see if I correctly understand what you are saying.
You say you took 4 polygraph tests. 
Was it for the same agency?  
Was it the same examiner each time?

You say the questions were the same on each exam. 
By that do you mean that all of the questions asked on each examination were the same as all of the other three  examinations?

What exactly do you mean by "rattled by the investigator" and when and where did this "rattling" occur in relation to the time you were connected and answering questions?  By "rattled",  I presume you mean an attempt by the investigator to intimidate you, if that is incorrect please describe what you mean by the phrase "rattled by the investigator"

Do you live in a state that requires polygraph examiners to be licensed and certified? In a recent case discussed on this board it was learned that a fake polygraph exam was administered by an untrained detective. Is that a possibility in your case? 

If you can clear some of this up, I'll discuss it with an examiner and try to answer your questions as clearly as possible. 
Sancho Panza

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin   I KNEW IT!!!! 
WHAT A FOOL!!!  YOU JUST CANNOT ACCEPT THAT POLYGRAPH CANNOT AND NEVER HAS DETECTED LIES!! 
SHE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONS YES, SAME QUESTIONS EACH TIME. WHAT DIFFERENCE WOULD DIFFERENT EXAMINERS MAKE? IF THE "TEST" IS VAILD IT SHOULD MAKE NO DIFFERENCE.
I KNEW HE WOULD COME BACK WITH SOME LAME POST  Grin Grin Grin Grin
At least your predictable Sancho! And ..... amusing too  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
How do I react to control questions?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X