Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How do I react to control questions? (Read 49055 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Re: How do I react to control questions?
Reply #30 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 1:57am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Fair Chance, You are confusing reputation for integrity. Reputation is who people think you are. Integrity is who you really are. Integrity is not an abstract, either you have it or you don't. You can give it away, You can throw it away, you might even be talked out of it,  but no one can take it away from you unless you are prepared to turn it loose. 

You can live with a bad reputation, but if you try to live without integrity it will rot you from the inside. If you compromise your integrity to obtain what you want then your success will bring you no satisfaction because while you may learn to live with the lies you have told others, you will never reconcile the lies you try to tell yourself. This will prevent you from regaining your integrity.

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #31 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 2:00am
asancho panza

I see your post and others was done before I got mine in.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #32 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 2:12am
Twoblock wrote on Sep 28th, 2008 at 1:56am:

If you would do some research, you might just find that Al Qaeda had countermeasure information before this website was on line. Also, Doug Williams had a book out long before this website went up. Is it possible they could have gotten it there? Didn't the Russians have countermeasures before Williams?

If you would do some research, you might just find that  George Maschke wrote in a thread he named "Al-Qaeda Has Read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector"

Quote:
Al-Qaeda Has Read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector
Jan 9th, 2006, 2:46pm    Al-Qaeda has read, (more or less) understood, and summarized in Arabic the information on polygraph procedure and countermeasures presented in AntiPolygraph.org's free e-book, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

Apparently Dr. Mashcke knows where they got their information even if you don't. From his full post one might reasonably conclude he was proud of the fact

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #33 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 6:28am
SanchoPanza wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 at 9:36pm:
..I believe that Dr. Maschke is aware that the parts of his book dealing with attempted countermeasures has been translated into Farsi and Eastern Persian....

That's the first I've heard of it. Who told you this?
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2008 at 6:44am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #34 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 8:26am
Naughty Sancho fibbing again.

Sancho, do you falsely accuse people of child molestation too?

Karma dude!

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #35 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 3:31pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Sep 28th, 2008 at 6:28am:
SanchoPanza wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 at 9:36pm:
..I believe that Dr. Maschke is aware that the parts of his book dealing with attempted countermeasures has been translated into Farsi and Eastern Persian....

That's the first I've heard of it. Who told you this?

George,
as usual it's the world according to Sancho! You should, however consult him as he is an expert in almost everything.
He believes I'm a liar, maybe he knows something about you that you don't  even know. Kinda lie a built in polygraph!!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #36 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 6:31pm
Dr. Maschke. I was evidently in error regarding the specific languages that Al Queda uses to inform its terrorists of the content of your book. I'm not the expert in Near Eastern Languages. You Are.  However, my error really doesn't  change the fact that according to your own posting;

[quote] Al-Qaeda Has Read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector
Jan 9th, 2006, 2:46pm    Al-Qaeda has read, (more or less) understood, and summarized in Arabic the information on polygraph procedure and countermeasures presented in AntiPolygraph.org's free e-book, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector. ['quote]

Wouldn't it be fair and reasonable to conclude from your post that your work has been, or is being, used to educate terrorists and that you are well aware of it?   

Hypothetically, should one of these terrorists trash a set of polygraph charts using your lies and countermeasures to the point that the test was inconclusive and then go on to strap explosives  to himself and detonate them in a restaurant where your family happened to be having lunch murdering them and many others, would you regret in any way your participation in their deaths?

To the rest of you here. How exactly would you feel about polygraph countermeasures if they were involved in any way in the death of someone you loved?

Mr. Cullen what exactly are you claiming is a FALSE accusation?

Sancho Panza

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box getrealalready
Senior User

Reply #37 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 7:05pm
S.P.,

A more fundamental and (I believe) more important question than the last one you ask regarding CM's ("How exactly would you feel about polygraph countermeasures if they were involved in any way in the death of someone you loved?") is the following related one involving polygraphy itself: "How exactly would you feel if polygraphy was involved in any way in the death of someone you loved?"  For reference you might imagine yourself in the shoes of the family members of Gary Ridgway's many victims.  

Of course it is not this type of (false negative) error that justifies the CMs you ask about, but the false positive errors that have stung so many of the participants on this message board.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #38 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 7:20pm
SanchoPanza wrote on Sep 28th, 2008 at 6:31pm:
Dr. Maschke. I was evidently in error regarding the specific languages that Al Queda uses to inform its terrorists of the content of your book. I'm not the expert in Near Eastern Languages. You Are.  However, my error really doesn't  change the fact that according to your own posting;

Quote:
Jan 9th, 2006, 2:46pm    Al-Qaeda has read, (more or less) understood, and summarized in Arabic the information on polygraph procedure and countermeasures presented in AntiPolygraph.org's free e-book, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

I'm perplexed because you specifically suggested that portions of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector had been translated not just into "Farsi" (Persian as spoken in Iran) but also "Eastern Persian" (more commonly called Dari, the dialect of Persian spoken in Afghanistan). For all intents and purposes, both are written the same, so a translation into one would be the same as a translation into the other, just as a translation into American English would differ but little from a translation into British English.

The article to which you refer, "The Myth of the Lie Detector," (discussed here) was written in Arabic, and it's not a translation of any portion of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, though it's obviously derived in part from it.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be fair and reasonable to conclude from your post that your work has been, or is being, used to educate terrorists and that you are well aware of it?

I think there can be no doubt but that the author of "The Myth of the Lie Detector" used The Lie Behind the Lie Detector as a source. And of course I was previously aware of it. After all, it was me who posted the news.

Quote:
Hypothetically, should one of these terrorists trash a set of polygraph charts using your lies and countermeasures to the point that the test was inconclusive and then go on to strap explosives  to himself and detonate them in a restaurant where your family happened to be having lunch murdering them and many others, would you regret in any way your participation in their deaths?

There are no lies in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector. Terrorists can use the information provided therein not only to cause inconclusive results, but also to pass the polygraph while lying about relevant issues.

In the scenario you outline, I would affix blame for the security breach squarely on those who -- rejecting the scientific consensus that polygraphy is without scientific basis and not robust against countermeasures -- had the hubris to continue relying on this pseudoscience for national security purposes.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2008 at 8:12pm by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #39 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 7:23pm
Sancho Panza

So Al Qaeda has read the information on this site. As I said before, they had the same CMs before this site went up and the Russians before that.

As to your last question. I would not feel badly at this site. I would feel bad at the polygraph industry and our federal government for knowingly placing any credibility in the results of a one man/one machine decision. A decision that's rendered useless by simple mental manuevers. "However, this will never happen because you people are going to catch these dudes when they attempt CMs".

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #40 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 10:20pm
Quote:
I would feel bad at the polygraph industry and our federal government for knowingly placing any credibility in the results of a one man/one machine decision.

Which they do for the sake of bureaucratic/administrative expediency.  As for the politicians, there is absolutely no political price to pay for continuing to support the use of the polygraph.   

The public still thinks it works.  So does the media. There must be change on that front, before any real change will take place.  Most people will never, ever have to take a polygraph.  It will take a "smoking gun" causing a media frenzy feeding a public outcry for any changes to take place.

In the meantime, we need to continue to focus our attention of helping those that do have to take the test, and continue to expose the myth.

TC

P.S.  If you disagree with me, then you sir, must be an Iranian child molester!

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #41 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 10:59pm
Dr. Maschke. I was evidently in error regarding the specific languages that Al Queda uses to inform its terrorists of the content of your book. I'm not the expert in Near Eastern Languages. You Are.  However, my error really doesn't  change the fact that according to your own posting;

[quote] Al-Qaeda Has Read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector
Jan 9th, 2006, 2:46pm    Al-Qaeda has read, (more or less) understood, and summarized in Arabic the information on polygraph procedure and countermeasures presented in AntiPolygraph.org's free e-book, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector. ['quote]

Hypothetically, should one of these terrorists trash a set of polygraph charts using your lies and countermeasures to the point that the test was inconclusive and then go on to strap explosives  to himself and detonate them in a restaurant where your family happened to be having lunch murdering them and many others, would you regret in any way your participation in their deaths?

To the rest of you here. How exactly would you feel about polygraph countermeasures if they were involved in any way in the death of someone you loved?

Mr. Cullen what exactly are you claiming is a FALSE accusation?

Sancho Panza

SANCHO!!! you error ??? No it cannot be.
What you do have is a massive imagination. You should know that no person who remotely would have opportunity to bomb any one would be allowed such access only on the results of your silly machine. Fortunately, even though you don't get it most in actual security sensitive positions do.
Besides.... you have said repeatedly that countermeasures only increase the chances of failure therefore wouldn't that help?
No response needed I'm sure

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #42 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 11:08pm

getrealalready wrote on Sep 28th, 2008 at 7:05pm:
S.P.,

A more fundamental and (I believe) more important question than the last one you ask regarding CM's ("How exactly would you feel about polygraph countermeasures if they were involved in any way in the death of someone you loved?") is the following related one involving polygraphy itself: "How exactly would you feel if polygraphy was involved in any way in the death of someone you loved?"  For reference you might imagine yourself in the shoes of the family members of Gary Ridgway's many victims.  

Of course it is not this type of (false negative) error that justifies the CMs you ask about, but the false positive errors that have stung so many of the participants on this message board.

Based on Sancho's posts he would feel that those victims are "acceptable casualties" of polygraph because of the ( as he puts it) countless criminals that have been convicted from what he believes to be polygraph evidence. 
Hmmmmm, I wonder if he would feel the same if Gary slaughtered his daughter after passing a polygraph?
Or,  would he just caulk it up to " operator error" 

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #43 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 11:16pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Sep 28th, 2008 at 7:20pm:

Quote:

I'm perplexed because you specifically suggested that portions of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector had been translated not just into "Farsi" (Persian as spoken in Iran) but also "Eastern Persian" (more commonly called Dari, the dialect of Persian spoken in Afghanistan). For all intents and purposes, both are written the same, so a translation into one would be the same as a translation into the other, just as a translation into American English would differ but little from a translation into British English.

The article to which you refer, "The Myth of the Lie Detector," (discussed here) was written in Arabic, and it's not a translation of any portion of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, though it's obviously derived in part from it.

Quote:

I think there can be no doubt but that the author of "The Myth of the Lie Detector" used The Lie Behind the Lie Detector as a source. And of course I was previously aware of it. After all, it was me who posted the news.

Quote:

There are no lies in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector. Terrorists can use the information provided therein not only to cause inconclusive results, but also to pass the polygraph while lying about relevant issues.

In the scenario you outline, I would affix blame for the security breach squarely on those who -- rejecting the scientific consensus that polygraphy is without scientific basis and not robust against countermeasures -- had the hubris to continue relying on this pseudoscience for national security purposes.

There is all kinds of information available to every one. What they do with it is their own doing.
Do we not make medical references unavailable because, some people may use the information to self medicate and die or to perform surgery that they are not trained to do? 
There are countries that do. We happen to not be one of them.

If the information in George's book is valid ( and judging by Sancho's remarks I'm sure it is) then the polygraph industry is responsible to patch the security problem not expect that no one else could possibly discover it and continue to use the "test" as if it were accurate. Especially in national security sensitive areas.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #44 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 12:27am
So Dr. Maschke, You write a book that repeatedly tells the reader that it is OK to lie and tries to teach the reader how to successfully lie, but if someone then uses your advice, obtains release and murders your family, you claim you have no share in the responsibility?  That's a pile of fertilizer and you know it. 

It's obvious you value your self annointed position as the anti-polygraph guru more than you value your family. Do they know that?  Twoblock, Notguilty1, Mr. Cullen, if you agree with Dr. Maschke on this I can now understand why my comments regarding integrity appeared so far beyond your comprehension. 

How do you know that Gary Ridgeway didn't use some type af counter measure with a polygraph examiner who was untrained in spotting them. Whose fault would him passing his test be? I'm betting each and everyone of will refuse to point a single finger at whoever gave Ridgeway the advice. 

I would imagine that you all believe that nothing that has ever happened to you has ever been the result of your own actions. You have a deep seated need to blame others for anything that might be your own fault. You probably blame meter maids for your parking tickets and Leprechans for insufficient green marshmellow clovers in your "lucky Charms"

I'm going to leave this board for awhile. I'm sure that you will spend the next few days patting yourselves on the back and gloating that you chased me out of here. For the record, the real reason I'm leaving is that your immoral stench would knock a flock of buzzards off of a gut wagon and I am going to seek the company of those who don't make me want to puke. I know that whether I come back 2 days, 20 years or never,   2 things will be guarenteed.  #1 Polygraph will still be in use, gaining in popularity and  court acceptance and #2 You guys will still be here whining. You couldn't organize the closure of a lemonade stand much less do away with polygraph. 

DR. Maschke you may delete this post if the truth hurts too much. Although if you do, I would expect you to manufacture some bogus reason for deletion. 

You may now commence to wallow and grunt amoung yourselves.  

SanchoPanza Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
How do I react to control questions?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X