Poll
Poll closed Question: If it is true that the Marston Polygraph Academy shortchanged students on hours of instruction and told them words to the effect of, "If you don't tell them (the American Polygraph Association), we won't either," how should the APA respond? (You don't have to be registered to vote in this poll.)
bars   pie
*** This poll has now closed ***

The school's accreditation should be revoked and those responsible expelled from the APA.    
  48 (56.5%)
Accreditation should be revoked, but those responsible should be allowed to remain as members.    
  1 (1.2%)
Accreditation should be suspended, but only temporarily.    
  11 (12.9%)
The school should receive a warning but retain its accreditation.    
  10 (11.8%)
Even if the accusations are true, no action is warranted.    
  10 (11.8%)
Other (If you are a registered user, feel free to post your thoughts in this message thread).    
  5 (5.9%)

Total votes: 85
« Last Modified by: Administrator on: May 3rd, 2007 at 8:23am »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Reply Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Complaint Against Marston Polygraph Academy (Read 33582 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yankeedog
Senior User

Re: Complaint Against Marston Polygraph Academy
Reply #15 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 12:26am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
dedicated2truth wrote on Sep 6th, 2007 at 8:43am:
The...truth is that the complaint against the Marston Polygraph Academy was fully confirmed, and the...truth is that the APA directors chose to sweep the problem under the rug. I am uploading the official report of inspection for all to see. These are the 4 main findings of fact:

First:
Marston Polygraph Academy is in clear violation of APA accreditation regulations governing
accurately scheduling and reporting school training schedule. All records indicate the school was
starting at 08:00AM and ending daily at 5:00 PM. These records do not accurately reflect the
school’s training schedule.

Secondly,
Marston Polygraph Academy is clear violation of APA accredited training attendance
requirements in that the students were not receiving required time limits of for basic polygraph
course instruction.

Third:
Most seriously, this inspector finds that the printed syllabus clearly misrepresents the actual
schedule to the detriment of the students and professional training, this inspector believes that a
fraud has been perpetuated on those relying on the accuracy of the school’s records and
representations. Representing that the Marston Polygraph Academy follows and adheres to APA
standards of basic polygraph training is misleading and untrue.

Fourth:
Regarding the statement alleged to have been made by personnel associated with the Marston
Polygraph Academy, “if you don’t tell we won’t either”. In a frank discussion with PI Lynch, he
states that through some discussion with the students, a statement in some way similar to the one
above may have been made but according to him, it was not meant in context as it now sounds
out of context. This inspector finds that in or out of context, the statement was inappropriate if it
in any way it referred to APA oversight authority.

As a polygraph examiner and APA member, I find this whole matter to be…..disturbing.  If the allegation was substantiated, and it appeared that it was based upon the on site inspection, then there should have been some form of sanction, such as a probationary period to ensure that the APA standards are being maintained.  A lot of my friends are APA members who have served in APA offices and I do not agree with how the APA handled this. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sackett
Especially Senior User

Reply #16 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 7:19pm
I can agree with you "YD" the problem is that no matter what was issued by the APA, it would never be enough sanctions or punishment to fit those on this board.  

I can see it now,

"After all that has been established and verified by the APA, they only went to the Marston school, pulled their charter and certification, burned the building to the ground and excommunicated it's graduates?  What kind of oversight is that???  APA is corrupt, the APA is corrupt!!!" 

Sheesh....

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #17 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 8:21pm
sackett wrote on Apr 3rd, 2008 at 7:19pm:
I can agree with you "YD" the problem is that no matter what was issued by the APA, it would never be enough sanctions or punishment to fit those on this board.  

I can see it now,

"After all that has been established and verified by the APA, they only went to the Marston school, pulled their charter and certification, burned the building to the ground and excommunicated it's graduates?  What kind of oversight is that???  APA is corrupt, the APA is corrupt!!!" 

Sheesh....

Sackett,

You're continuing to rationalize that which I think you know, deep down, was a whitewash by the APA.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sackett
Especially Senior User

Reply #18 - Apr 4th, 2008 at 2:35am
George, 

"Whitewashing" investigations happens daily at every level of society and government.  Politics, financial reasons, nepotism, etc are the factors behind it.  Why is this one so different?

As for my posting above, I was making the obvious and sad fact that no matter what "we" do; "you" will never be satisfied with our actions until we are all, as someone has suggested, handing out parking tickets for a living.

Sackett

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LTCGUTZ

Reply #19 - Dec 30th, 2010 at 4:19pm
Contact the State of California Department of Consumer's Affairs to launch a complaint, not APA. It appears based upon comments, the complaint is among the wrong doers. Can anyone elaborate? Also, if anyone did make a complaint with Consumer's Affairs, it is easy enough to verify.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Reply Send TopicPrint
Complaint Against Marston Polygraph Academy

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X