Normal Topic Meth as countermesure (Read 9554 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box questions
Ex Member

Meth as countermesure
Nov 30th, 2006 at 9:33pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
        I have a poly coming up. I am going to try a small amount of meth ingested orally about 20 min before the poly. I know there has not been much discussion or scientific study done on the effects on street drugs and their value as a countermeasure during a poly. Meth has a minimal effect on the cardiovascular and respitory systems, but it has a rather strong effect on the nervous system. Taken in the appropriate method with a calculated dose, I feel it could have an effect on the use of countermeasures. I have read the lie behind the lie detector, and I plan on adding meth to the equation. I used to shoot up meth years ago. Now I occasionally smoke or eat it  (maybe 3 times a year), when I use it, I am able to raise and lower my heart rate at the drop of a hat with such thoughts as shooting up, which I will never do again. But I think that if I was mildly high and triggered this thought during a control question, it would score high. I realize that if I was too high, the examiner would notice. There is also the danger of becoming paranoid. But with a very controlled dose, it would bring about an over all sense of well being and confidence. I really feel like it will work. That alone may cause a placebo effect. Am I totally out in left field here or what?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box day2day
New User

Re: Meth as countermesure
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 9:55pm
Are you kidding? Shocked

That is a stupid plan.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box questions
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 10:09pm
Elaborate ???

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box day2day
New User

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 12:06am
You posted in the post-conviction section.  So that would lead me to believe you have a conviction for something and are likely on parole or probation.  As such it is likely that drug-screening is a part of the stipulations.  Add to that the fact that meth is an insidious, life-destroying substance (and also illegal).  If you are willing to use meth, your biggest concern in life at the moment should not be a polygraph test, but rather your use of meth.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 12:09am
I agree, that is a stupid plan.

Here's one of the things I say to the local youths when I catch them with ecstasy, or crack, or meth:

Who made this and what did they put in it?  If you don't know the person who made it and trust them with your life, you are a moron as well as a doper.

Who cooked the meth you are planning to use?  Did he mix in some rat poison because it gave the mix the proper color?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box digithead
Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 12:42am
Questions wrote on Nov 30th, 2006 at 9:33pm:
    Meth has a minimal effect on the cardiovascular and respitory systems, but it has a rather strong effect on the nervous system. Taken in the appropriate method with a calculated dose, I feel it could have an effect on the use of countermeasures.

In addition to being a completely stupid idea regardless of context, you are also completely wrong about meth's affect on the cardiovascular and respiratory system. Meth provokes a fight-or-flight response in the body, including increased heart rate/blood pressure and eased breathing. You will be affecting all channels of the polygraph and probably in the wrong direction. Drugs that work as countermeasures to the polygraph decrease anxiety and stress (e.g. beta blockers) whereas meth increases anxiety and stress...

In addition, most LEOs are trained to identify meth intoxication as there as some pretty tell-tale signs...

How about actually confronting the issues you have while on supervision? That might actually help you in the long run rather than trying half-baked ideas...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box julie gibson

Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:31pm
If someone has been a regular user of meth, Vicodin, and Percocet take a polygraph test? If no and how long after quitting can one take one.?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 7:39pm
Quote:
If someone has been a regular user of meth, Vicodin, and Percocet take a polygraph test? If no and how long after quitting can one take one.?

Polygraph operators will happily polygraph pretty much anyone with an arm and a pulse. Having been a regular user of any particular medication is no obstacle.

Note that polygraphy is pseudoscience to begin with. It has no value as a diagnostic test. If you (or someone you know) are being asked to voluntarily submit to a polygraph "test," you would be wise to refuse.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #8 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 4:16am
Sergeant1107 wrote on Dec 1st, 2006 at 12:09am:

Who made this and what did they put in it?  If you don't know the person who made it and trust them with your life, you are a moron as well as a doper.

Who cooked the meth you are planning to use?  Did he mix in some rat poison because it gave the mix the proper color?

I even once saw an example on a substance abuse program series on public TV which depicted a case where a dirty toilet bowl had been used in part of the meth "brewing" process!   Shocked

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Meth as countermesure

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X