Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Polygraph Countermeasure Challenge (Read 366886 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Torpedo
Senior User

AKA Geen Lantern

Re: Polygraph Countermeasure Challenge
Reply #45 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 3:24am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Mr. Maschke, you accomplish nothing with your childish taunts on the home page of your web site.  I assure you that no one will respond to Richardson's "challenge" for a variety of reasons, most of which he himself should be aware.  There will not be any response to this because surely government (state or federal) examiners would be severely chastized (at the very least) for doing so, and have probably been TOLD not to do so.   Richardson knows this and to think that a government examiner would jeopardize his job by responding to you is foolish and he knows this.  Private examiners simply are not going to do it...period. I know you will say that it was the examiners who said it, but that was ages ago (over a year ago at your count), so, you accomplish nothing save irritating most of the examiners who read this site and who may stop engaging in any "debate" with your proponents at all.  Placing that "challenge" and commenting about "cowardice" (to include the yellow banner) is childish and ignorant. Do yourself and your cause a favor and remove it...unless of your course your only original aim was to anger the examiners.  Before any of your fellow posters comment "see, we got one mad" .  I am not mad, I just view it for what I believe IMHO what it is intended to be.  Think about it George, you are only damaging your cause.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #46 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 5:09am
Torpedo,

Thank you for sharing your strong feelings on George’s polygraph countermeasure challenge. I sincerely appreciate your thoughts, comments and concerns. That being said, you do seem a bit “peeved” at George for posting the challenge. I on the other hand, applaud George’s efforts. 

I don’t think George is the least bit concerned about offending the professional polygraph community. 

Final note; I also do not feel (strictly my opinion) that any polygrapher that visits this website is the least bit bothered by the countermeasure challenge. 

Respectfully, 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #47 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 8:25am
Torpedo,

If you genuinely believed that the temporary banner on the AntiPolygraph.org home page commemorating the one year anniversary of Dr. Richardson's polygraph countermeasure challenge was "only hurting [AntiPolygraph.org's] cause," I somehow doubt it would upset you so greatly as to motivate you to plead for its removal.

The banner is intended to inform the general public, who are being lied to by a community of polygraph "professionals" who falsely claim to be "dedicated to truth" (American Polygraph Association motto).

The polygraph community has indeed displayed great cowardice in refusing to offer any evidence in support of its publicly made claims to be able to detect countermeasures. The overarching reason that Dr. Richardson's challenge has gone a full year without takers is that the polygraph community has no confidence in its ability to reliably detect countermeasures.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #48 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 8:36am

Torpedo wrote on Jan 29th, 2003 at 3:24am:

Mr. Maschke, you accomplish nothing with your childish taunts on the home page of your web site.

Looks like it's accomplished one thing, at least.

Quote:
so, you accomplish nothing save irritating most of the examiners who read this site and who may stop engaging in any "debate" with your proponents at all.

Since actual, logical debate from the polygraph proponents who visit this site is currently almost nonexistent, this wouldn't be a terrible loss. Wink

Skeptic

IP Logged

Senior User

AKA Geen Lantern

Reply #49 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 3:48pm
George, please do not misunderstand me. I am NOT pleading with you or your ilk to do anything. If I came across in that manner, please know that I would "plead" with you for nothing. I was merely making an observation.  At least you acknoledged that it was temporary; pewrhaps the dame you do to your reputation will also be temporary.  Despite Skeptic's comments (I stated this in the post) it did not make me angry.  You did cement the belief among polygraph examiners that they are talking to the proverbial "brick wall" and anything...ANYTHING they say will not even be considered as having any credence. There position then?.....why bother.  An old adage comes to mind: "It does no good to wrestle with a pig, you will both get dirty and the pig loves the mud".  Good day Porky!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #50 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 4:02pm
Torpedo,

It would appear that the world of polygraph countermeasures leaves you with only two choices: the frustrated anonymity that you now display or the public embarrassment you would face if you were to accept the challenge.  George's banner (a great idea for letting the public know of the cowardly nature of the blustering con men who reside in polygraph suites) does not change that.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #51 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 9:18pm
Proud to be an "ilk"  Grin

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Batman
Very Senior User

Reply #52 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 9:24pm
Anonymous,

Do all polygraph examiners fall under your description, "cowardly nature of the blustering con men who reside in polygraph suites"?

How many polygraph examiners do you actually know, not know of, but actually know?

Have you ever had the opportunity to observe a real world polygraph examination on a criminal subject?

You make some very strong indictments of all polygraph examiners, many of whom are far from "cowardly, blustering con men." 

Are you quoting any particular study that indicates all polygraph examiners are cowardly?  Is there some basis of fact for a statement like the one you have made?  I'm sure you're not simply popping off without any valid scientific peer group review.  After all, guys like you and George profess to be all about scientific validity.

I am a polygraph examiner.  I don't think that I'm either a coward or a blustery con man.  None of the polygraph examiners I work with are cowardly or con men, although some might be a bit blustery on ocassion.   

What is it that you do for a living?  Just curious.  Are there any cowards or blustering con men in your line of work?  If so, does that make all of you the same?

Batman

IP Logged

Reply #53 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 9:59pm
Batman,

If you perform CQT polygraph exams preceded by stim (acquaintance tests) you are a de facto con man.  You've certainly exceeded all expectations in brilliantly passing the bluster test, and because I haven't seen your name on the I'm-qualified-and-I'm-able-and-willing-to-meet-the-challenge sign up list (needless to say a very short list at the present time), well...what can I say about the cowardice label???

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #54 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 10:50pm
Anounymous,

Nice try Numb Nuts,  but how about answering the questions I put to you?  You ain't afraid now are ya?

Come on, go back to my post and answer the questions.  Consider it a "challenge".  You seem to be all ballsy about meeting challenges.

My money says you don't know JACK shit about real polygraph examinations or examiners, other than what you've read on this site.  You're starting to sound like Beech Trees and smell like Triple X.

I've come clean on what I do, now it's your trun to stand tall.

If not, then maybe I should start throwing down a little chicken feed.

I'm starting to think you live in a hen house and shit through feathers.   

Batman

IP Logged

Reply #55 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 10:57pm
Batman,

You write:

Quote:
...I'm starting to think you live in a hen house and shit through feathers....

I'm beginning to feel a bit like a polygraph examiner.  I can push a few buttons and have you dancing at my command (rather foolishly I might add too).

Grin

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #56 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 11:17pm
Anonymous,

I guess your response says it all.   

I'd suggest you put up or shut up!  I've done called you out, and you done turned tail and run!

Until you stand tall and answer some simple questions, well, maybe we should just start calling you a cowardly blow-heart.

Look out for the rooster bucko, he's got a lock on your cute little chicken butt.  If you want to get out of the chicken coop then meet the challenge. (No cute little smiley face here.)

Batman

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #57 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 11:26pm
Batman,

You forgot to anonymousy threaten to kick his ass... or am I the only one that merits such professional conduct from you?

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Reply #58 - Jan 29th, 2003 at 11:28pm
Batman,

As long as I'm kicking your ass in arguing the merits of any and all points raised, I don't believe I'll stoop to your level and try to argue hopelessly through the sort of self-delusion you display when citing the importance of your job description.  Not one iota of support to any position you raise is furnished thereby.  Sorry, pal…

IP Logged

Senior User

AKA Geen Lantern

Reply #59 - Jan 30th, 2003 at 12:14am
Batman, way to go. I think we proved OUR point.  The majority of "the ilk" are self-serving idiots.  They will not answer our legitimate questions and are incredibly artful at "blustery"....hmmm, isn't that one of their words.  Hey, I have an idea, why don't we (the polygraph examiners) start using this "medium" to communicate with one another, slapping each other on the back (much like they do), and ignoring real world issues.  I still think (IMHO...they like to throw that around as forgiveness for personal attacks) George's loyalty to our country is questionable and most of those who post from his ILK are dolts who do not know better...they just follow like sheep.  One thing for sure....we can sleep easy knowing that none of them passed our examinations and hold positions requiring national security clearances.  Come to think of it, I wonder why George doesn't come back to the FBI (or some other agency) and attempt his countermeasures to get through the test.  Wouldn't that be an absolute test of the things he "stands" for?  Now let
let's see how they respond to these button pushes!!!!!
(insert ridiculous little smiley face here) Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Polygraph Countermeasure Challenge

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X