Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Texas sex offender & mandatory polygraph (Read 321693 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Re: Texas sex offender & mandatory polygraph
Reply #330 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 6:53pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Someone pissed in Dan's Wheaties at some point in time, and I am trying to figure out what happened.  There is no desire to improve the industry, to make it better.  His answer is to destroy it, and rebuild nothing in its place.  I don't understand this mentality.   

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #331 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 6:58pm
Joe, if things for you in the Texas PCSOT bidness environment haven't changed much since 2005, what makes you think they'll change anytime soon?

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #332 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 7:18pm
What makes you think you'll be APA president when you're on here, talking about dismantling the industry? and my issue started in 2008. 2005 is when one of the Board members started bringing this to peoples attention

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #333 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 7:23pm
The APA presidency is off the table, but I will continue to rail against polygraph victimization.

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #334 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 7:34pm
I'll admit, that my tests have put people away, but my tests have also helped set people free.  I have worked with the best lawyers in the state of Texas.  Ive taught attorneys how to read charts, so they can check behind us then they get cases with polygraph.  I have been involved with an award winning documentary, and there are talks of another documentary that I can't really talk about right now. 

Someday, when all this is over, I am hoping to get into roles where I can chance some other things for the better.  Because if the industry is better at its core, it will be able to do better things.  You can't improve a house, when the foundation isn't square and plumb.  

Giving up is for quitters.  I'm still relevant to the problem examiners, because I haven't quit.  

You're the one who said you gave up.  Is that what you're mad at?  Are you mad at yourself, because you gave up?
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2016 at 8:04pm by Joe McCarthy »  

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #335 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 7:42pm
You keep talking about polygraph victimization, but then you tell me to give up, which only makes examiners who do victimize people stronger and they'll play their inconclusive game with no one to call them in it or expose them.

There are examiners down here running SOT tests out of standard, yea you're right, I should give up and leave examinees to that too.   

Examinees are verbally abused down here by a few specific examiners.  I give up, they get stronger.   

Yea, you're all about railing against polygraph victimization.  Do you have any documented evidence, other than mine, that you can point at and prove polygraph victimization exists?  irrefutable evidence?

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #336 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 9:11pm
Yes, I have proof of victimization -- many times over.

I gave the APA presidency a shot, and managed to move the needle somewhat, peaking at 28% of the vote. 

At least I fostered awareness toward some key polygraph issues, while bringing APA voter turnout to record levels.

But now, I'm looking forward to retirement.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2016 at 9:26pm by Dan Mangan »  
IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #337 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 10:20pm
Yea, well I am a long way from retirement, and looks like I'm not leaving Texas anytime soon.  So either everyone needs to start learning how to play nice down here, or I am going to start playing out of their playbook.   

I doubt they will play nice.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2016 at 10:47pm by Joe McCarthy »  

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #338 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 11:12pm
Joe, do you remember Boston's WBZ great radio talk show host David Brudnoy?

Brudnoy wrote a book called "Life is Not a Rehearsal." 

I never read the book -- although I was a longtime listener to Brudnoy's evening broadcasts -- but I'm told by those who have that the title captures the author's takeaway message.

Given your untenable situation, here's some unsolicited advice: Stop wasting your time with this polygraph horseshit. (And it is horseshit.)

Life is far too short to waste so much time and energy on the tortured political machinations of a corrupt business model that revolves around a pseudo-scientific fraud.

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #339 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 1:31am
Dan Mangan wrote on Dec 6th, 2016 at 11:12pm:
Joe, do you remember Boston's WBZ great radio talk show host David Brudnoy?

Brudnoy wrote a book called "Life is Not a Rehearsal." 

I never read the book -- although I was a longtime listener to Brudnoy's evening broadcasts -- but I'm told by those who have that the title captures the author's takeaway message.

Given your untenable situation, here's some unsolicited advice: Stop wasting your time with this polygraph horseshit. (And it is horseshit.)

Life is far too short to waste so much time and energy on the tortured political machinations of a corrupt business model that revolves around a pseudo-scientific fraud.

Wow, now there is a name I haven't heard in ages.  Is he still around?   

I'll probably read the book.   

We are going in circles with the argument in regard to our personal beliefs on accuracy and reliability.  What we are doing is the equivalent of, being the village atheist whose single passion is to revile endlessly that which he denies the existence of in the first place.  In other words, it's a pointless discussion.

I do believe, as I have made abundantly clear, there are some examiners who tout this 93% number, and need to be brought to task about their fear to take the very test they sell.  You call me to tack about it, but you won't call out the people who are not only guilty of your sin of believing the 93% number, they are, actually guilty of the sin of being hypocrites for not backing up their claims of accuracy with action.  They also need to be confronted in regard to what kind of message that sends to their customers, and to the consumer. 

I will no doubt be punished, for taking the other examiners refusal to take the test, and use it to impeach their credibility as polygraph examiners. Having said that, I am no stranger to being punished for telling the truth.   

The examiners who fear the test we advocate and sell, are held up as shining examples of the best of the best of polygraph.  They are given almost saint like status, and are protected like precious snowflakes from any truthful criticism. While in contrast, the examiner who tried to set the example, by being the first examiner to believe in our product so much that I offered to submit to the test, and voluntary leave the industry if I failed; and for this I am held out as everything that is wrong with the polygraph industry.

So, Maria and the other examiners refuse to take the test because either, they are lying, or they don't trust the tests accuracy.  For this they are held out as heroes and defenders of the industry.  They are protected.

I offer, publicly to take the test, claiming that I 100% trust the accuracy of the test so much, that if I fail, I will give maria and TAPE what they want and leave the industry forever.  For this I am declared an enemy of the state, and the worst example of a polygraph examiner ever? 

WTF 

No, I will not leave my clients to charlatans, frauds, and  examiners of questionable character or integrity.

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #340 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 2:22am
Joe, I am sad to report that "Bruds" shed his mortal coil back in December of 2004 -- about a month after I graduated from the Backster School of Lie Detection.

As to your TX PCSOT bidness travails, you, as a good Roman Catholic, are positioning yourself as a most apt martyr. 

Too bad nobody gives a shit.

« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2016 at 3:26am by Dan Mangan »  
IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #341 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 5:54am
To be a martyr would require my death, don't tease me with an event for which I would consider a reprieve.   

I can't imagine that hell would be any worse.  I look forward to the humane treatment.

Anyway, you say no one gives a shit, I am inclined to disagree.  If no one cared, no one would be threatening to sue be into silence.  So obviously someone cares.   

You know what would be awesome? If they stopped caring, then everyone could move on.  I can't wait to stop caring, that would be awesome.

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #342 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 1:57am
Joe, you are too much of a concrete thinker. 

Looky here...

[mahr-ter]

Examples
    Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
a person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion.
a person who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause:
a martyr to the cause of social justice.
a person who undergoes severe or constant suffering:
a martyr to severe headaches.
a person who seeks sympathy or attention by feigning or exaggerating pain, deprivation, etc.

I suggest you try to wean yourself from your self-flagellation and get on with life.

This stacked-deck polygraph horseshit ain't worth it.

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #343 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:59pm
On your fist point.

Go crappity smack Yourself.  I mice would be petty awesome, if other people would put shit behind them as I have tried to put this behind me.   

Morover, you implying that I am exaggerating, come on down and try to like my life and pay my bills while thee people do everything in their power to keep you from competing in the market.  Frankly I was I was exaggerating, because if I was, that would mean I am making more money than I claim not to be making.  I would love to be exaggerating the bullshit I life with down here.   

Lastly,

Something may be happening to significantly change the game down here.  I might have gotten the attention of someone who can, on at least a small level, turn a restricted, non transparent market, into a transparent fairer market, where everyone benefits; including the consumer, the public and the examiners.  ALL of the examiners, not just me.   

And really that is what I am working to do.  A closed, restricted, hostile, market, where no one is checking behind us is bad for everyone.  It's bad for the consumer, the public, the examiner, as well as others involved and the industry.   

Whats wrong Dan, you can't beat the industry, so now you're going to take it out on me?

Here's why you couldn't beat them.  Because you want to only destroy the industry, while offering nothing to improve it.  You say you have all these ideas, but you have no solutions.  You also don't even show up to APA meetings to lobby your position, of get people to see your side of the coin.  That is part of the reason we have these things you know, and exchange of ideas.  No one would stop you from speaking your mind.  When I went, no one stopped me from speaking mine, and intact more got done there than when I went to TAPE in October 2014.

The partial peace I achieved there is holding, and there is less hostility at least in regard to that direction than others.  But hey, let's not see or recognize that, because that flying in the face of the martyr bullshit.   

If you can't be part of the solution, don't be a part of the problem.  Sometimes, it almost seems like you want to BE the problem though.  Having said that, I believe you could be a bigger part of the solution, if you really wanted to solve the stuff you say you want to solve.  But your idea of solving is destruction, not building.

Anyway, got work to do over the weekend.  If this works the way I hope it will, it will improve work product of all examiners, by encouraging competition.  Competition, makes for better examiners, better work product and encourages innovation, which promotes growth.  It will foster an environment of accountability.  And I hope with all that, will create a market, that words better for everyone, not just one.   

In the end, that is what the root of this 10 year fight has been all about

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #344 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 11:03pm
Thanks for you input though Dan, but I have enough people trying to kick the dog, I don't need another.  If you're going to retire, then retire already.   

i'm going to keep fighting to, I hope change two things, get some peace, and make this a better industry.  I have been willing to throw away vindication in the past, so if this works, I will toss it aside again.

But I will not stop fighting for fair, independent, and unbiased polygraph; and with that will come a market that benefits everyone.

Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Texas sex offender & mandatory polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X