Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Texas sex offender & mandatory polygraph (Read 321623 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Re: Texas sex offender & mandatory polygraph
Reply #270 - Feb 11th, 2016 at 4:56pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
OK, if the test is indeed a crapshoot and can be easily manipulated, why, I wonder were the texas examiners o adamant about avoiding the test to get rid of me, once and for all; as I have offered in the past?

If it is so easy to beat, you'd think they know how, and if the didn't do anything, that would make it twice as easy to pass, right?

Got to admit Dan, it took some balls to stand up and offer to sit for the test myself as long as they did as well.  Anyway, if it can be beat so easy, why did the texass examiners jump on it?

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #271 - Feb 11th, 2016 at 5:55pm
Joe McCarthy wrote on Feb 11th, 2016 at 4:56pm:
Got to admit Dan, it took some balls to stand up and offer to sit for the test myself as long as they did as well.

No, I don't have to admit any such thing.

Your offer seems to be rooted in your own blind faith in the "test," and as such was a bonehead move. 

Polygraph is biased against the truthful. Only the most devout of Polygraph Scientology Kool-Aid drinkers would sit for the "test" with everything at stake.

Count yourself lucky they didn't take you up on it. 

Such a stunt could have blown up in your face.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #272 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 12:27am
I have to admit Dan is the one with the balls. Dan I'm curious to know how much of a following you have in the APA. Me thinks you don't get too many Christmas cards from that lot.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #273 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 1:56am
Ex Member wrote on Feb 12th, 2016 at 12:27am:
Dan I'm curious to know how much of a following you have in the APA.

Ark, I could easily drop a half-dozen names of well-known  polygraph professionals that would surely stun a lot of rank-and-file APA loyalists, but lets review some numbers instead...

The APA has nearly 3,000 members. Of that total, only about 500 bother to vote in APA elections.

When I ran for president-elect in 2014, I received 15% of the vote.

When I ran for president-elect in 2015, I received 28% of the vote.

In this year's race for that office, I expect to get 40% of the vote, and clinch the post in 2017.

Based on the backchannel support I've personally received, my core constituency includes two of the fastest-growing categories of the APA membership: international members and women.

I am least popular with the older white male APA establishment types, but those blowhards don't have the influence they used to.

My sense is that more and more APA members have an open mind and a realistic attitude about the "test." It seems an increasing number of those progressives, as I call them, are sick of the usual cadre of indu$try-insider re$earcher$, home-grown validity studies, and make-believe science.

My three-point platform of consumer protection (to curtail polygraph victimization), independent research with oversight (to include an ongoing countermeasure challenge series), and equality for APA members is steadily gathering momentum.

Does that help to answer your question?

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #274 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 4:07am
Yes, thanks for those details. I still find it perplexing that people would be in an organization advocating something they perceive as less than genuine.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #275 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 4:16pm
Ark, when I joined the APA in 2004, its primary goal, as stated directly below the organization's mission statement, was this:

Serving the cause of truth with integrity, objectivity and fairness to all persons

Those words have always struck a chord with me, and that goal had been in place for decades.

But last year, the evidenced-based hipsters who run the APA -- and manage the current narrative -- chose to abandon that most noble guiding principle, scrubbing it from the APA web site.

It seems the illuminati who run the APA dog-and-pony show have chosen to take their act in a bold new direction.

Clearly, their values are not my values.

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #276 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 3:09am
Dan Mangan wrote on Feb 11th, 2016 at 5:55pm:
Your offer seems to be rooted in your own blind faith in the "test," and as such was a bonehead move.

Polygraph is biased against the truthful. Only the most devout of Polygraph Scientology Kool-Aid drinkers would sit for the "test" with everything at stake.

Count yourself lucky they didn't take you up on it.

Such a stunt could have blown up in your face

LOL, only a couple of Massholes could get away with talking to one another like this.  I have to admit, I wouldn't let anyone else get away with it. Sometimes I wish you were in Texas; we'd keep them on their toes and keep em guessing.

No, Dan, that offer for the test went exactly the way I predicted it would.  Even if they did take the offer, I have no fear of the test.   

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #277 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 7:33pm
Ex Member wrote on Jan 14th, 2016 at 2:55am:
*Raymond, by the way, where I can learn about Ipsative-Z as it applies to scoring?   

Raymond, 
Maybe you didn't notice this question. It was sincerely asked. Do you have a published paper on this? I'd like to learn more.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #278 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 8:40pm
I am always amused when the Ipsative-z result of OSS3  is opposite that of traditional scoring options within OSS3.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mek

Reply #279 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 1:12am
is there anyone  fighting in government at this time for taking away the mandatory polygraphs.  they are no chances of anyone surviving a charge with polygraphs having a 80/20 chance of passing.  you will almost be assured of failing at some points. If so i want to get involved who do you contact.  the sex offender program in texas is really screwed up.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #280 - Jul 30th, 2016 at 1:49am
It's a very long story. I suggest you start here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8NIOGgLPlk

Contact me privately if you desire more information about polygraph "testing."

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #281 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:30am
Mandatory polygraph isn't going anywhere.  The system, as it was designed, works.  Now there is a key term here, "as it was designed."   

That is the problem.  Like many things, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.  The system in Texas is not run, as it was designed.  It is run in such a way, that the sex offender polygraph industry is widely unregulated by the state or by responsible overseers.   

The Texas PCSOT industry is pretty much run by JPCOT.  JPCOT is run, primarily by The Texas Association of Polygraph Examiners.  They will deny this, but I have evidence that puts their denials in the garbage can, in the form of their own newsletters, emails and their actions.   

Maybe this will be the subject matter of the next video.   

Bottom line.  The industry is corrupt to the core, in Texas and at its highest levels.  When you are told that "you have to go to this examiner, or else, I would be very suspicious about that.  Especially if that examiner or office is that of Richard Wood.  Sorry Richard, no one should trust an office of "experienced examiners" that had a 45% inconclusive rate, at any time, and made no public recognition of it, or announced any corrective actions to fix whatever the problem was; though I can only think of two reasons why someone could ever have a 45% inconclusive rate.  Either 

A, you suck that bad

or 

B, you were double dipping.

Even notice that they never challenge me on that inconclusive rate number?  As yourself.  Why is that?  After all, if I am lying, this is libel.  Is it not?

The reason why they won't challenge me, is because it is the truth and I can prove it with their own admissions.

Anyway, you want the truth about what goes on here in Texas, I am the guy to ask.

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #282 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 1:25am
Joe, let's get real.

When it comes to PCSOT, an inconclusive rate of 45% is not all that unreasonable.

Why is that, you ask?

Because polygraph "testing" can be easily thwarted by following simple instructions freely available on the internet.

FACT: A significant percentage of SOs know how to beat the polygraph "test".

And even if they don't beat the "test" outright, an inconclusive result is still win of sorts for the SO.

As for allegations of double dipping, that's another matter.

In my opinion, PCSOT is a vehicle that's most rife for racketeering. Thus, evidence of commercially motivated abuse of the cloaked-in-righteousness PCSOT "test" would not surprise me.

So...maybe you're right, Joe.

But remember, a lot of SOs can beat the "test" like a drum -- or at least generate an inconclusive result.

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #283 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 4:57am
Mek, you have no idea just how messed up it is.  Sadly, no one cares, and as such, there is little that can be done to mix it, because no one is checking behind us, and the foxes are running the henhouse.

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #284 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 5:00am
As for Dan.

There is not a lot you and I agree with, but we agree on some strong issues.  One of them is the financial underhandedness of the PCSOT business in Texas

Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Texas sex offender & mandatory polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X