Normal Topic passed cvsa test (Read 19025 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box louis (Guest)

passed cvsa test
Mar 30th, 2001 at 3:47am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I just wanted to say THANK GOD FOR THIS SITE!!!  I took a regular palygraph test 5 years ago and thought that being honest and spilling my guts was the way.  How wrong I was then but thanks to the information from the book online and reading peoples responses I was finally able to pass.  I did not get intimidated at all simply answered the questions already knowing what I would admit to and when the tester came back and confronted me with the I got a reaction on a few questions is there something you are not telling me I used a line from the book along "I dont know what could be the matter everything I am telling you is the truth I dont know what could be the matter I am trying to assist as much as possible with the process" anyway he asked me a shortened list of questions then left the room to check the results??  And 20 minutes later the person doing my background investigation came back in and told me where to take my urine test, get fingerprinted and stated that he would be starting my background investigation.
I am sorry to be so long winded but I am just so... happy I had given up on ever being an officer because I could not pass the polygraph exams given by the departments.  The main points that I can say are by all means read the book on this site, dont let the tester intimidate or rattle you and be confident at all times.  and again my thanks for this site keep up the good work.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Carrie

Re: passed cvsa test
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2002 at 12:25am
Hi my name is Carrie. I am schuled to have a cvsa test done next week. But i am really scared because of all the things i have read about them. What if they proscute me for somthing I didn,t comment.  I am trying to get this book but I'm not sure how. Could you help me.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fred F.
Very Senior User

Get Educated.... Knowledge
is Power

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2002 at 3:12am
Carrie,

You need to download and read The Lie Behind The Lie Detector from this site, its free. 

CVSA is the polygraphs sister "psuedoscience". CVSA has NEVER been tested for accuracy by anyone but the MANUFACTURER, yet it is accepted by many LE agencies as an accurate instrument of detecting "deception".

Read the material and get educated, knowledge is power and if you are aware of what you face during your "exam" and can effectively "counter" what your examiner does, you increase your chances for success

Good Luck

Fred F. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2002 at 8:36pm
Quote:

Hi my name is Carrie. I am schuled to have a cvsa test done next week. But i am really scared because of all the things i have read about them. What if they proscute me for somthing I didn,t comment.  I am trying to get this book but I'm not sure how. Could you help me.

Carrie,

It seems that you stand accused of a crime. If such is the case, you should refuse to submit to any CVSA "test." The test is a fraud and is merely a pretext to get you into an interrogation without the presence of a defense lawyer. Law enforcement agencies use CVSA in criminal interrogations because some guilty suspects confess after the interrogator convinces them that the CVSA device has caught them in a lie.

I strongly suggest that you cancel your date with the CVSA examiner and seek legal advice. Many lawyers offer free consultation.

You'll find AntiPolygraph.org's free book, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, at:

http://antipolygraph.org/pubs.shtml

It is available both as an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) file and in HTML (web) format. The current edition (the 1st) does not address CVSA but focuses exclusively on polygraphy. Nonetheless,the interrogation aspects of both polygraphy and CVSA are similar, and you may find Chapter 3 to be of interest. (See also the other messages regarding CVSA in this forum.)

« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2002 at 8:52pm by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box blade-runner
New User

Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2002 at 5:47am
Carrie, 

For goodness sakes please do not take the test. You have everything to lose. 

Simply tell the law enforcement authorities, “I understand and respect the need for you to use all available resources in conducting a criminal investigation, but after speaking with several friends they told me these as well as polygraphs are not very accurate.  Look, I have nothing to hide but I really do not want to take the exam. I will cooperate in whatever way I can absent a voice stress test.”

Depending on why the police are contacting you, you may want to speak with a lawyer. 

If for example the police are not focusing on you alone for a crime, I would not tell the police you are getting a lawyer. This will be a red flag and they will believe you are guilty. An example of this would be an embezzlement where the police are CVSAing all parties who had access to the money. I would simply use the listed phrase. 

If you are the focus of the investigation (arrested etc), get a lawyer. 

Good luck!   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Tom

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 6:51pm
I just past mine. I took it almost a week ago and got the email saying I am moving forward in the hiring process.

IP Logged

passed cvsa test

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X