Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) H.R.2213 (Read 36617 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Re: H.R.2213
Reply #30 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 12:48pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Wandersmann wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 9:15pm:
Quickfix, just curious .......... would you have any problem disbarring an attorney, removing a Federal judge from the bench, or removing a Congressman from office for failing a polygraph?   https://antipolygraph.org/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/huh.gif

Your question doesn't really make a lot of sense.  Lawyers, judges and congressmen don't require polygraphs to do their jobs, since they don't have or require daily access to classified information.  Even if they did, polygraph testing is not a requirement to hold a clearance or have access to classified information.  Military attorneys (and judges or that matter) are not polygraphed unless they assigned to CIA, DIA, NSA, etc.  It's matter of agency requirements, not job requirements.  Therefore, your question is apples vs oranges.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #31 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 1:13pm
Wandersmann wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 9:15pm:
Congressmen pass a polygraph

Is the polygraph required of those on the House and Senate Intelligence Committees?  I know that their staffs must have security clearances. Roll Eyes

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #32 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 5:08pm
The EPPA is quite general when it comes to governmental employers:

Sec. 2006. Exemptions

(a) No application to governmental employers. This chapter shall not apply with respect to the United States Government, any State or local government, or any political subdivision of a State or local government.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Reply #33 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 7:11pm
quickfix wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 12:48pm:
Lawyers, judges and congressmen don't require polygraphs to do their jobs, since they don't have or require daily access to classified information.

I disagree.  It was always explained to me that it was all about trustworthiness.  It was all about the potential damage that could be done to society by a bad apple.  535 Senators and Congressman ruling over 341,000,000 people.  Think of the damage they can do if they are corrupt (as most of them areEmbarrassed  Trustworthiness plays a role there.   How about the damage that can be done by a crooked or incompetent judge ?  Isn't trustworthiness and issue?  None of these people have a right to be a member of Congress or a right to be a licensed attorney.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #34 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 7:15pm
xenonman wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 1:13pm:
Is the polygraph required of those on the House and Senate Intelligence Committees?  I know that their staffs must have security clearances.

Good question Xenonman.  Back in the day I am pretty certain that they could not be  forced to volunteer to be polygraphed.  By the way, forced to volunteer is the accurate description for 99% of the Federal employees who submit to the polygraph.  Only morons truly volunteer to be polygraphed.  Being forced to volunteer doesn't make it mandatory, you only lose your livelihood and are blacklisted from future government service if you don't.  It's the same play on words right out of the Soviet Marxist governing manuals.   Things may have changed regarding staffers forced to be polygraphed, but I doubt it.   Huh

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John M.
Very Senior User

Reply #35 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 10:12pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Jul 14th, 2017 at 8:28am:
Senators Durbin and Duckworth have introduced a bill (S.1560) that would block H.R.2213 and expand polygraph screening to currently serving CBP employees as well as mandating polygraph screening for Immigration and Customs Enforcement:

Here is the text.  More perception deception.

They misdirect right up front - "The Secretary of Homeland Security may not hire any applicant for a law enforcement position who does not pass a polygraph examination". 

Then they mandate "Targeted Polygraph Reinvestigations" and even "Random Polygraph Examinations".  Notice that there is no authorization to take unfavorable actions against someone for not "passing" it though.

This opens the door to the type of abuse and corruption that happened to me.

Rubio, Nelson and the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs will be hearing from me soon. Promise.

Senate_bill_S1560.pdf ( 208 KB | Downloads )

"The polygraph examination is a supplement to, not a substitute for, other methods of investigation.  No, unfavorable administrative action shall be taken based solely on its results."  ~ DODI 5210.91.
Twitter  
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #36 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 5:58pm
John M. wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 10:12pm:
Rubio, Nelson and the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs will be hearing from me soon. Promise

It is done.

I urge you all to copy and paste this message to your individual senators and the HSGAC @ https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/contact/committee

Sirs,

It has come to my attention that Senate Bill S.1560 has been referred to the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee for review.

It is extremely important that the following issue be addressed before all else, concerning this Bill:

SEC. 3.

(a) Applicants.—Beginning not later than 30 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security—

(1) shall require that polygraph examinations are conducted on all applicants for law enforcement positions; and

(2) may not hire any applicant for a law enforcement position who does not pass a polygraph examination.

(b) Targeted Polygraph Reinvestigations—Beginning not later than 90 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security, as part of each background reinvestigation, shall administer a polygraph examination to—

(1) every CBP law enforcement employee who is determined by the Inspector General of the Department of Homeland Security to be part of a population at risk of corruption or misconduct, based on an analysis of past incidents of misconduct and corruption; and

(2) every ICE law enforcement employee who is determined by the Inspector General of the Department of Homeland Security to be part of a population at risk of corruption or misconduct, based on an analysis of past incidents of misconduct and corruption.

(d) Random Polygraph Reinvestigations—Beginning not later than 90 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall—

(1) randomly administer a polygraph examination each year to at least 5 percent of CBP law enforcement employees who are undergoing background reinvestigations during that year and have not been selected for a targeted polygraph examination under subsection (b)(1); and

(2) randomly administer a polygraph examination each year to at least 5 percent of ICE law enforcement employees who are undergoing background reinvestigations during that year and have not been selected for a targeted polygraph examination under subsection (b)(2).

The Bill forbids the CBP and ICE from hiring an individual who fails the polygraph examination, but fails to address the issue of what to do with an existing law enforcement official that does not pass a polygraph examination.  Even DOD regulations state that no unfavorable administrative actions shall be taken based solely on the results of the polygraph examination. 

Answering this question is crucial to ensure that abuse and corruption don’t take place in the Customs and Border Patrol and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement like they have at the Defense Intelligence Agency.

I urge you to raise this issue with the committee as individual and civil rights are at stake.

Very Respectfully,

"The polygraph examination is a supplement to, not a substitute for, other methods of investigation.  No, unfavorable administrative action shall be taken based solely on its results."  ~ DODI 5210.91.
Twitter  
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #37 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 9:32pm
John M. wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 5:58pm:
I urge you all to copy and paste this message to your individual senators and the HSGAC

John -

I was getting ready to send this message to my Senator, but I'm a bit confused as to what we are asking.  As I understand the cut and paste message, we are O.K. with applicants not being hired due to the polygraph and we also want on-board officials to be fired if they don't pass a polygraph?  Don't we want to fight this idiotic instrument at all levels?   Are we just trying to put on-board officials through the same hell as applicants to make more victims and get more support for the anti-polygraph community? Tongue

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #38 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 10:23pm
Wandersmann wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 9:32pm:
but I'm a bit confused as to what we are asking

I believe that once they admit that they can't do anything to an existing employee based solely on the "results", why do them at all?

It's exposing the lie that George professes and Doug despises.

It's easier for them to accept a few cracked eggs and deny innocents a job - because they didn't have it to begin with, and they can feel like there was no harm done.  It's a completely different thing to ruin a individual's life by using the polygraph "results" as the sole reason for doing so.

If this Bill passes as it is currently written, there will be polygraph abuse and corruption at CBP and ICE - just like at DIA.

Twitter  
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #39 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 10:36pm
Everyone here realizes right?  That given the current CBP polygraph failure rates, THOUSANDS of people will lose their livelihoods each year if they take unfavorable actions against them based solely on their polygraph "results".

If you go in to a polygraph knowing that they can't take any unfavorable administrative actions against you, why worry at all?  Hell, why waste our tax money even doing it?

It's a shame, a ruse, a deception.

Twitter  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #40 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 8:50am
See AntiPolygraph.org's latest blog post, "Democratic Senator Dick Durbin Hypocritically Embraces Polygraph 'Testing,'" and please share on social media:

https://antipolygraph.org/blog/2017/07/28/democratic-senator-dick-durbin-hypocri...

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #41 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 6:26pm
John M. wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 5:58pm:
I urge you all to copy and paste this message to your individual senators and the HSGAC

John -  Now for my next challenge.  I attempted to send this to my senators but was not able because I do not have their Email addresses to include on the form.  I searched for about an our and could only find their website.  Have you figured out how to get their email address to enable form completion?

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #42 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 8:49pm
Wandersmann wrote on Jul 28th, 2017 at 6:26pm:
Have you figured out how to get their email address to enable form completion?

There is usually a Link called "Contact".  Here's Rubio's - https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contact

I think it's best if you just say;

Sirs,

It has come to my attention that Senate Bill S.1560 has been referred to the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee for review.

It is extremely important that the following issue be addressed before all else, concerning this Bill:

The Bill forbids the CBP and ICE from hiring an individual who fails the polygraph examination, but fails to address the issue of what to do with an existing law enforcement official that does not pass a polygraph examination.  Even DOD regulations state that no unfavorable administrative actions shall be taken based solely on the results of the polygraph examination. 

Answering this question is crucial to ensure that abuse and corruption don’t take place in the Customs and Border Patrol and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement like they have at the Defense Intelligence Agency.

I urge you to raise this issue with the committee as individual and civil rights are at stake.

Very Respectfully,

// S //

Twitter  
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #43 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 9:28pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Jul 28th, 2017 at 8:50am:
See AntiPolygraph.org's latest blog post, "Democratic Senator Dick Durbin Hypocritically Embraces Polygraph 'Testing,'" and please share on social media:

Notice how Durbin uses the term "Quick fix" disparagingly.    Cheesy

Notice how Durbin also basically says, it doesn't work, so let's use it!   Embarrassed

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #44 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 9:28pm
I just got this from Senator Bill Nelson.  Nothing yet from Senator Rubio or the HSGAC/Senator Johnson.

Dear Mr. M: 

Thank you for contacting me regarding S. 1560, the Integrity in Border and Immigration Enforcement Act. I understand your concerns and appreciate your taking the time to be involved and informed about matters important to Florida and our nation. 

Introduced by Senator Richard Durbin, this legislation is pending before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. Please know that I will keep your views in mind if this issue is considered before the full Senate. If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me in the future. 

Sincerely, 
  Bill Nelson 

Twitter  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
H.R.2213

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X