Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) American Polygraph Assocation 2017 Contest for President-Elect a Three-Way Race (Read 30029 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

American Polygraph Assocation 2017 Contest for President-Elect a Three-Way Race
May 1st, 2017 at 4:58pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
The American Polygraph Association will hold its annual electronic election for Board offices from June 18-24, 2017.

This year, there are three candidates for the office of president-elect:

--> Steve Duncan

--> Dan Mangan

--> John Palmatier

Election results will be posted June 26 on the APA's web site, www.polygraph.org.

Developing...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Re: American Polygraph Assocation 2017 Contest for President-Elect a Three-Way Race
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2017 at 1:41am
what happened to, "I retired?"   

Just being fair here, because you know other people are asking.  I'm just brave or stupid enough to ask what everyone else is thinking.

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Re: American Polygraph Assocation 2017 Contest for President-Elect a Three-Way Race
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2017 at 1:59am
My "retirement" was a ruse to set the stage for a three-way race for APA president-elect.

BTW, I didn't declare my candidacy until the last day of eligibility.

Looks like it worked.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2017 at 2:31am
Dan Mangan wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 1:59am:
My "retirement" was a ruse to set the stage for a three-way race for APA president-elect.

You rascal!

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2017 at 2:44am
Ark, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Of the roughly 3,000 APA members, only about 500 dedicated-to-truth forensic psycho-physiologists actually bother to vote.

In a three-way race. all it takes to win is... Well, you get the idea.

Critical-thinking APA members, please: VOTE DAN MANGAN FOR APA PRESIDENT-ELECT

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #5 - May 28th, 2017 at 2:55am
Hey Joe McCarthy,

Does your internet radio/podcast offer still hold?

I'd love to debate my APA president-elect opponents Steve Duncan and Dr. John Palmatier, but I doubt they have the balls to participate.

If you can set it up, I'm all in.

But it's a package deal.

[cue crickets]

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #6 - May 31st, 2017 at 2:01am
Dan Mangan wrote on May 27th, 2017 at 1:59am:

BTW, I didn't declare my candidacy until the last day of eligibility.

Looks like it worked.

Independent and unbiased, as usual, and just an opinion

It might backfire on you.  Then again, I've seen examiners with, alleged more integrity, but less integrity, do much worse.

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #7 - May 31st, 2017 at 2:25am
No doubt, Joe, the APA race for president-elect will be interesting.

Steve Duncan is a long time APA politico, so he's the odds-on favorite.

That said, more and more APA members want change.

John Palmatier, PhD, appears much more qualified than Duncan, but, IMHO, the good doctor comes off as glib, unctuous and pedantic -- a big turnoff.

Then there's that pesky realist, Mangan...

The election will be a crapshoot.

Just like the "test".

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #8 - May 31st, 2017 at 2:51am
Dan Mangan wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 2:55am:
Hey Joe McCarthy,

Does your internet radio/podcast offer still hold?

I'd love to debate my APA president-elect opponents Steve Duncan and Dr. John Palmatier, but I doubt they have the balls to participate.

If you can set it up, I'm all in.

But it's a package deal.

[cue crickets]

Dan, 

While I think this is a good idea, under my original proposal, I am wondering if you understand I am uncompromising as to the condition that will be, as usual, fair, independent, and unbiased to ALL PARTIES, LEGITIMATELY involved.  

Some things you had problems with last year. Are you willing to accept stipulations set out last year and others; in the interests of assuring things stay, fair, independent, and unbiased?

« Last Edit: May 31st, 2017 at 1:10pm by Joe McCarthy »  

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #9 - May 31st, 2017 at 3:00am
Dan

I don't give a rats ass who wins.

I don't benefit from any of you being president.  I have no skin in the contest; and in the end, I firmly believe that either the status quo will be followed, or polygraph will be totally destroyed. 

So me and the small examiners are screwed in the long or short run either way.  

The polygraph industry, like humanity, in my opinion, is destined to destroy ourselves, from within, in favor of egos, or the status quo.  

It's a matter of how fast to we want the end to come.  Because I have little faith that you or the establishment want to fix anything for the better good.  

My only goal in this is keeping things fair

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #10 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 7:43am
As they consider their vote, American Polygraph Association members should be aware of Steve Duncan's history of providing false testimony in court:

https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1178256975/0

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

God Member

Reply #11 - Jun 2nd, 2017 at 2:32pm
The American Polygraph Association has about 2,700 members. Of those, 1,652 are LE/GOVT examiners and 1,065 are private examiners.

Clearly, the LE/GOVT members are the majority.

That said, let's look at the results of the last two races for APA president-elect...

Jamie McCloughan --------339
Dan Mangan  --------------116

Pat O'Burke --------------394
Dan Mangan -------------154

While the APA has about 2,700 members, participation in the election process is dismal.

In 2015, 548 members cast ballots for president-elect. Turnout was down last year, with only 455 votes being cast for president-elect.

I received 25% of the vote in 2016, and 28% of the vote in 2015.

In 2015 I conducted a limited outreach program targeting potential voters. I did no such campaigning in 2016.

I'd love to mount a vigorous campaign, but there's a roadblock:  I do not have access to the APA's master member directory. If I did, that would make life much easier.

So, what will turnout be this year? My hunch is that it will be midway between that of 2015 and 2016, say, about 500 voters.

The real horse race is between APA establishment politico Duncan and science guy Palmatier.

We already know I'm capable of getting 154 votes when I reach out to members, even in a limited way as I did in 2015. Looking ahead, If I could grow that number by just 10% that would bring me to 169 votes. 

If Duncan and Palmatier were to evenly split the remainder of the hypothetical 500 total votes cast, they'd have only 165 votes each.

Sure, it's conjecture, but once in a while hell does freeze over.

I think it would be foolish to jump to any foregone conclusions just yet...

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #12 - Jun 3rd, 2017 at 1:29am
he asked for it, here is his platform ladies and gents.

an evening with Dan Megan

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #13 - Jun 3rd, 2017 at 3:28am
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maxprovocateur/2017/06/03/oh-danny-boy-the-pipes-th....

12 midnight tonight

I will not be taking calls for this session, and it will mainly be meant as a blog to prep for a long process of getting Dan and the other APA Candidates to come on and answer some questions about why they feel the APA voters should trust them.

Having said that, in this episode I will mainly be addressing Dan, and his apparent need to control the narrative and be a bully.

I really do hope all members of the polygraph community listen, and get my take on this whole thing, in a deeper and more personal level than the written word.  I'll also leave the episode on line so it can be podcast later. 

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #14 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 2:05pm
The American Polygraph Association has published and distributed its special election issue of the APA magazine, which contains the election schedule and the candidates' statements.

Already I have received several notes of support, for which I am glad, grateful and encouraged.

The (electronic) elections take place June 18-24.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:14pm by Dan Mangan »  
IP Logged

American Polygraph Assocation 2017 Contest for President-Elect a Three-Way Race

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X