Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) How do I appeal a failed polygraph? (Read 20344 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Misty Pyatt

Re: How do I appeal a failed polygraph?
Reply #15 - Apr 12th, 2022 at 3:13pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My son failed his polygraph exam yesterday with TXDPS. He was told he was deceptive in all areas. My son was dumbfounded and kept telling the examiner he did not know why he failed. He never changed his responses. He asked the examiner why he would of failed and the examiner told him well only you know that. You are very deceptive and possibly a criminal. He is 21 years of age about to graduate college with over a 4.0 GPA. He has college paid for on a full scholarship. He has never been in any type of trouble. If you know him you would completely understand why everyone is puzzled. He has done internships at the local police department and did an internship with TXDPS just recently. He has numerous recommendations letters, etc. I know some of you will say because I am his mother I am biased. I do love my child but his father and I have never given anything to him that he did not earn. His exam started at 11:00 a.m. and he did not walk out of the testing site until 6:00 p.m. He was told by the examiner that if I were you I would not apply to any federal jobs because this polygraph will follow you. He told him that he was lying about being fired from a job. He has never been fired from any job and my son told him you can look at his employment records. He told him that he committed a sex crime, he lied about drugs, and lied about committing a crime against a person or property. At the end of the exam he told him he was sending the exam in for a review but to expect a decline letter. How do we appeal this? Can he take another test?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: How do I appeal a failed polygraph?
Reply #16 - Apr 13th, 2022 at 8:24am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Misty,

I don't know for sure whether the Texas Department of Pubic Safety has a formal appeal process for applicants who wrongly fail the polygraph, though most agencies don't.

What your son can do is to write to the person who signs the rejection letter, succinctly state that he told the truth on the polygraph (without offering any rationales for why he might not have passed), and to request a re-test.

His request for a re-test may or may not be entertained, but at minimum, it will document the fact that he didn't (through silence) tacitly accept the polygraph operator's accusation that he lied.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

How do I appeal a failed polygraph?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X