Normal Topic Anti-polygraph = Complete Misconception (Read 3628 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Agent 762
New User

Anti-polygraph = Complete Misconception
Mar 4th, 2022 at 10:50pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I'm not going to dive into every detail about myself but at this point, I don't even know where to look.

Late last year, I went into a polygraph examination with a certain 3 letter agency and was told I failed.  I was supposedly holding back information about committing a serious crime.  Unbelievable.  I sat there with the polygrapher and kept denying any accusation he made about me.  I left there pissed off as I've never been involved with anything in that matter in my life.

So, being barred from reapplying for 2 years, I had to look elsewhere.  I applied for another federal agency and made it all the way to the polygraph stage.  But before getting to this polygraph stage, I studied the Lie Behind the Lie Detector extensively as I never wanted to receive a false positive for something I've never committed again.  I read the whole book and also watched some of the YouTube videos.  I actually practiced a handful of times before going into this polygraph. I was more than enough prepared going into this BS application step this time.  I felt like the the deck of cards was equal this time around.

My apnea blocking and tongue biting was on point.  I can tell you the difference between a control/relevant/irrelevant question with ease and performed this functions perfectly and at the precise time.

After the first phase, I could tell my polygrapher was upset.  He said I know what you are doing and you need to quit it.  I looked at him confused and asked him to clarify what the problem was.  He didn't reply.

I go back in there and he rephrases the same relevant questions and has me go through it again.  Once again, I perform the apnea blocking and tongue biting with perfection and without any chance of being seen/caught.   

At one stage, he stops and only asks control questions and irrelevant questions.  I could tell what he was doing so I continued the same as I would if there was going to be any relevant questions coming, but there wasn't.  There was only a control question, followed by an irrelevant question and this happened a few times. I didn't know how I should of responded but I continued the same countermeasures.

He continues on and goes back to questions with control/relevant/and irrelevant questions and once again, my apnea blocking and tongue biting were on point.  I was perfectly breathing during each relevant question as well.
He has me wait in the lobby and brings me in shortly after.

He never says that I passed or failed but sits there and tries to get me to admit to researching the polygraph etc and keeps saying that I could be a mole or spy etc.  I deny everything and tell him I have no idea what he is talking about.  I tell him if there's nothing left to ask in the chair, then I believe we're done here because I'm not going to sit here and be told that I'm a spy or mole because I love this country.

So, a few days go by and I get a disqualifying letter from the agency.  This same agency doesn't specify whether you failed or not but it's definitely implied.

I'm kind of at a loss right now.  I go in there initially (late last year) and told I'm a criminal and fail.  Next, I research this book thoroughly and follow every single piece of advice and I get told I'm a mole and get nixed from the process.

In all honesty, I don't even know what I can do next time.  I feel like I'm somehow blacklisted and I'm being prevented somehow from moving forward from any agency since I "failed" the first polygraph.  I feel like any polygrapher after my first polygraph CAN'T pass me because I failed the first one.  I'm truly disheartened on where to turn at this point and it makes me wonder if I went in there without any of this knowledge from Anti-Polygraph if I would have passed.

Hopefully someone can give me some kind of answer as to what happened.  Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Anti-polygraph = Complete Misconception
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2022 at 7:35am
Agent 762,

I regret your unhappy polygraph experience. I cannot say for sure why your second polygrapher suspected that you were using countermeasures, but possible explanations include:

• Because you failed a prior polygraph, your second polygrapher may have deemed it likely that you would have researched polygraphy;
  • Your having failed a prior polygraph would also tend to prejudice the second polygraph operator against you, shaping his expectations;
  • If, on your second polygraph, you were passing with an unusually high score, that may have appeared suspicious;
  • If your breathing reactions looked nearly identical on the charts (some polygraph operators refer to this phenomenon as "cookie cutter" reactions), that may have triggered suspicion.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2022 at 11:39am
You got exactly what you deserved.  You engaged in countermeasures and got caught.  You just didn't admit to it.  Too bad, so sad.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2022 at 3:07pm
quickfix wrote on Mar 5th, 2022 at 11:39am:
You got exactly what you deserved.  You engaged in countermeasures and got caught.  You just didn't admit to it.  Too bad, so sad.

Got caught? Hardly.  You do know this site highly talks about countermeasures to "beat" the polygraph, don't you?

I can't really say much but I followed this site/book instructions and was let down.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2022 at 3:09pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Mar 5th, 2022 at 7:35am:
Agent 762,

I regret your unhappy polygraph experience. I cannot say for sure why your second polygrapher suspected that you were using countermeasures, but possible explanations include:

• Because you failed a prior polygraph, your second polygrapher may have deemed it likely that you would have researched polygraphy;
  • Your having failed a prior polygraph would also tend to prejudice the second polygraph operator against you, shaping his expectations;
  • If, on your second polygraph, you were passing with an unusually high score, that may have appeared suspicious;
  • If your breathing reactions looked nearly identical on the charts (some polygraph operators refer to this phenomenon as "cookie cutter" reactions), that may have triggered suspicion.

Obviously the polygrapher was biased towards me knowing I had a "failed" polygraph just a few months prior.  I looked into this heavily in your book, I believe pages around 167 etc.

I never read anything or any topic that discusses the polygrapher discovering a "cookie cutter" method.   

The book is just misleading, that's all.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2022 at 3:38pm
Agent 762 wrote on Mar 5th, 2022 at 3:07pm:
Got caught? Hardly.  You do know this site highly talks about countermeasures to "beat" the polygraph, don't you?

I can't really say much but I followed this site/book instructions and was let down.

Hardly?  Did you get the job?  No, you got a rejection letter.  And you know why.  You cheated on your polygraph and were called out for it.  And if you read the book and still got caught, you're just too stupid to follow instructions, so you don't belong in the IC world anyway.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2022 at 3:46pm
quickfix wrote on Mar 5th, 2022 at 3:38pm:
Agent 762 wrote on Mar 5th, 2022 at 3:07pm:

Hardly?  Did you get the job?  No, you got a rejection letter.  And you know why.  You cheated on your polygraph and were called out for it.  And if you read the book and still got caught, you're just too stupid to follow instructions, so you don't belong in the IC world anyway.

Hey look, an internet tough guy! Go suck a dick little bitch. 

Cheated on the polygraph? How so? The polygraph is a joke and proves nothing. I bet you're a polygrapher based on your lame shit talking.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2022 at 4:15pm
Agent 762 wrote on Mar 5th, 2022 at 3:09pm:

In what specific respects do you believe that our book is misleading?

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Mar 5th, 2022 at 4:39pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Mar 5th, 2022 at 4:15pm:
Agent 762 wrote on Mar 5th, 2022 at 3:09pm:

In what specific respects do you believe that our book is misleading?

Once I get home later, I'll go over the book so I can cite some of the material.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box troll_of_truth
User

Reply #9 - Mar 6th, 2022 at 6:54am
Agent 762

Sorry for what happened but a few things to note:  Just because you were unsuccessful does not mean that the Antipolygraph.org book TLBTLD is misleading.  

The user quickfix is federal polygrapher.  He is very pro-polygraph and loves to come on this board and insult people who said that they failed.  He has been doing this for years, over 16 years actually.

If you do searches on this board for terms like "I lied" and other similar queries, you will find many stories from people who claimed to have lied and passed the polygraph thanks to using countermeasures and info they obtained on this site.  There are others who claim they failed.  These are just claims and we have no idea who is posting but users like quickfix will only focus on attacking those who claim to have failed as his justification that the polygraph and countermeasure-detection works. Quickfix is also quick to discredit anyone who claims to have passed the polygraph by lying and/or using countermeasures.  This is a bit biased and counter-intuitive, right?

There are many people out there who have likely beaten the polygraph thanks to TLBTLD.  The late Doug Williams was caught in a federal sting for getting paid to help people pass the poly, which is not a crime, the crime was when someone confessed that they want to conceal criminal activity and pass a federal government poly.  When Doug Williams agreed to help, that is the incident that triggered a bust.  Still, many of Doug's customers passed their polys and obtained federal employment.  I think that data is still sealed but maybe George has some insight.  Anyway, countermeasures do work, and work great!

I'm sure federal polygraphs have been trying to figure out for years how to detect countermeasures and applicants who visit Antipolygraph.org and read TLBTLD.  These federal polygraphers also have to "fail" a certain number of applicants just to prove that the polygraph works.  Normally when you fail once, as George mentioned, this will bias the polygraphers and you are more likely to fail again.  You may have just drawn the short straw and seemed like a good candidate to "fail" without cause just to add to the polygraphers' statistics.

With any system, it will not work for everyone.  You can give a recipe to boil water to a hundred people and someone will end up making ice!  We did not witness your polygraph but it sounds like you got unlucky.  Do not discredit TLBTLD based on your bad experience.  The book is very helpful and it has helped many people pass, or shall we say BEAT, their polygraphs.  Myself included.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2022 at 3:40pm by troll_of_truth »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box troll_of_truth
User

Reply #10 - Mar 9th, 2022 at 1:38am
quickfix wrote on Mar 5th, 2022 at 3:38pm:

The statement from quickfix that I bolded seems to imply that reading the book TLBTLD actually can help someone beat the polygraph!  Is quickfix confessing that the countermeasures in TLBTLD work?!

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #11 - Mar 9th, 2022 at 7:17pm
Perish the thought!  Quickfix simply asserts that agent 762 is simply full of horse apples by claiming that he engaged in countermeasures "perfectly" yet still got caught, so he must be too stupid to follow instructions.  How can you get caught if you were "perfect"?
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2022 at 7:34pm by quickfix »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box crack

Reply #12 - Mar 26th, 2022 at 3:59am
Agent 762 wrote on Mar 5th, 2022 at 4:39pm:

Once I get home later, I'll go over the book so I can cite some of the material.

Agent 762, are you still there?  Any updates, or did the feds come and snatch you up like what happened to many others who posted on this board and then disappeared?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #13 - Mar 26th, 2022 at 7:09am
Quote:
Agent 762 wrote on Mar 5th, 2022 at 4:39pm:

Agent 762, are you still there?  Any updates, or did the feds come and snatch you up like what happened to many others who posted on this board and then disappeared?

It is simply not true that "the feds" have "come and snatched[ed] up ... many others who posted on this board..."

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Anti-polygraph = Complete Misconception

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X