Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) People who have lied and passed a polygraph? (Read 74752 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box curiouskat

People who have lied and passed a polygraph?
Sep 5th, 2012 at 5:56pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
This website is very fascinating, but I've noticed something while perusing the forums here.

The number of people who have posted that they have "beaten" the polygraph (that is, using counter-measures and lying) seems to be low.  It's understandable, since I bet a lot of people may post "I have a polygraph soon and need to lie"  looking for any help they can get, and then I'd guess that they would only return to complain if they were found to be deceptive.  The same goes for false-positives from people who are 100% truthful in their polygraph.  In general, it seems like we don't see a lot of people who passed the polygraph here, probably because a lot of casual observers only come here when necessary and then never return.

But still, I have some questions for anybody active here who has "beaten" the polygraph when lying:

1) What were the circumstances of your polygraph?
2) What counter-measures did you use?
3) Were you still subjected to a post-test interrogation or did the examiner just give you a thumbs up and a good-job pat on the butt as they let you out the door?

And before any of the pro-polygraph crowd jumps down my throat, not I don't have a polygraph coming up that I intend on lying on, I'm just a curious chemistry grad student who saw the polygraph mythbusters episode lol

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box i lied and beat the poly

Re: People who have lied and passed a polygraph?
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 11:44pm
I lied and beat the poly, for a 3-letter agency.  Most people who lie and pass won't go bragging on the internet because they fear the feds will track them down and bust through their door and arrest them.   I'm not that paranoid.  To answer your questions:

1. Full scope pre-employment poly.  Same standard poly procedure described in TLBTLD and done by every 3-letter agency (numbers test, accused of hiding something and told to come clean, post test, etc.).

2.  Just controlled breathing and thinking exciting thoughts (I was thinking about sex the whole time).  And I didn't confess to anything when probed.

3. Everyone gets a post-interrogation.  It is part of the process and total bullshit.

Remember, the key is to understand that nobody and no machine can read your mind.  The whole point of the poly is to scare people into confessing.  People think the machine works and end up telling all their dirty secrets.  I just relaxed and didn't confess to anything and denied allegations that I was "hiding something".  In the end I apparently passed because I made it through the process and got the job!  Do I work at that agency now?  Maybe yes, maybe no...

Oh, and I definitely had stuff to hide in my background that would have disqualified me.  Stuff I was never caught for and the old friends that do know about it I don't talk to anymore so they were even closely linked to my SF-86 reference for the investigators to find.  And stuff I did that nobody knows about, and there is no record of it, so basically it never happened and I'll take those secrets to my grave.

Keep your calm, don't confess, the machine is crap, and beat the poly!

Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kesha

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 7:30pm
I came across this website several months ago after taking a polygraph.  Passed without problems.  Maybe I live a boring life.

Okay, I get it...polygraph is suspect, but I'm concerned about your ethics and character.  It's bad enough that we corrupt politicians and government employees, but you seem to enjoy the fact that you've committed criminal acts and got away with it.  God help us.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 7:47pm
Okay, let's do this: we'll flip a coin and see if you are a liar. Heads, truthful, tails, deceptive. Oh sorry, it was tails. That means you are a liar. Thanks for playing though.

Does that seem fair? I don't know who is going to help you. How is your god going to help anyone after the fact? Sure doesn't help anyone beforehand, that's for sure.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 8:51pm
Please don't play Morality Police and derail my thread.  I was hoping to get some anecdotes from people who have lied and beaten the polygraph, and I thank the person who actually contributed to the thread.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 10:33pm
You may want to add a couple of classes in reading comprehension - if you follow the topic/thread, you can see my reply was in reference to Kesha, and you don't own this board.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ugh

Reply #6 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 1:02am
You know, as I read this thread, I couldn't help but think that the person who wrote in about beating the polygraph was full of crap.  The new computerized models are nearly 100% accurate or so case studies have shown and having seen nothing to discriminate such, I have to agree.

1.) I had my own personal run-in with a polygraph test just over a year ago where my ex-wife accused me of some pretty horrid stuff and I freely vouched to take one without second thought.

2.) There is no such thing as controlled breathing as the senior analyst could see my breathing and even warned once of seeing a possible such event on the machine as I was in fact calming myself after the first of three sets of questions.  No counters were needed as I had nothing to hide.

3.) The tester for the state investigators was satisfied with the results and after a brief recess to do whatever, came in and gave an 'all done' and such.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 3:20am
Ugh, It is always the "Pro-Polygraph" community that argues that nobody can beat their machine, that their magical machine is infallible.   I hate to tell you this but once people know how the polygraph process works, it is easy to beat.  Controlled breathing is simply breathing normally (not breathing too fast or slow as a person lying or with something to hide may do).  A polygrapher can't tell you to "stop breathing normally" as that would not make any since.   

Once you know how the polygraph bullshit game works, you know that without a confession the worst thing a polygrapher can concluded is that you are "suspected" of something.  Polygraphers want confessions.  I didn't confess.  And I wasn't scared of the poly because I convinced myself it was junk and didn't worry about all the naughty things I've done in the past.

If you do you research, you will learn that the polygraph does not work on those educated by it.  Especially closed-minded individuals like myself who also do not believe in voodoo, Ouija board, magic spells, crystal balls, psychic readings, ghosts, or other nonsense...including a magical machine that can read your inner thoughts. 

The polygraph is nothing but a crappy tool that measures your sweat, blood pressure, breathing, and other things that doctors can also measure on you in a hospital.  Good for it, the polygraph knows when my breathing changes and when I burp.  So what?  If you relax, don't confess, educate yourself on this stupid game, and keep your mind pre-occupied with exciting thoughts, you can beat the poly. 

And if you are deemed to be "suspected" of deception or something stupid, it is probably because the polygrapher is pissed that he/she couldn't coerce a confession from you.  Suspicions mean nothing and are probably inevitable, as the polygraphers have to ding so many people for one reason or another to keep their stats up so people think the polygraph actually works.  Suspicions without evidence don't even hold water in traffic court.

It is junk.  I've beaten the poly for a top secret alphabet-soup agency and I'll do it again, and again, and again...

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 3:32am
I really don't see why people swear that a machine can read your mind?  Really people? 

Yes the poly can tell when your breathing changes or heart rate changes.  But what if your breathing and heart rate stays the same, like if you are thinking exciting thoughts the whole time?  Neither the polygrapher nor the poly will ever know what you are thinking unless you tell them, so keep your mouth shut.

My background is so dirty that I will never tell on myself.  And I know many others, federal agents, intel officers, people who wipe the president's ass, who have dirty backgrounds too.  But did the poly catch them?  Nope.  Because we all laugh at that stupid machine.   

Thank you AntiPolygraph.org for TLBTLD and all the great info on this site.  I laugh at anyone who makes a career out of administering polygraphs, you are the real bad guys.  Get a real job.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 12th, 2012 at 4:23pm
Quote:
The new computerized models are nearly 100% accurate or so case studies have shown 

Please cite these case studies. Actually, there is no difference between an analog or digital instrument save for a computer program that scores the charts for knotheads who don't know how.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kesha

Reply #10 - Sep 13th, 2012 at 10:26pm
My background is so dirty that I will never tell on myself.  And I know many others, federal agents, intel officers, people who wipe the president's ass, who have dirty backgrounds too.

I have no respect for corrupt government officials.  Can you identify the people or would you be willing to report these people?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nosaynosay

Reply #11 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 5:38pm
Why would he "rat" on these governemnt officials when he very clearly lumped himself into the same category?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box cesium_133
Senior User

Mendacium est dicere "Animum
tuum lego!"

Reply #12 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 6:44am
Curiouskat, I was on federal probation (and freely admit it) when I was poly'd.  Also was CVSA'd twice.  You always get a pre-interrogation interview, and you always will (according to the polyboy) "have trouble" with at least one question.  They'll pick one, and usually won't show you the screen/paper tracing...

My solution?  No admissions, no explanatory statements (just gives them more to ask about), no nothing.  That's post-test.  Same goes for pre-test.

I submit some CM's work better than others.  Mental CM's give you some advantage over physical because they can't be caught- period.  Physical CM's have their place, too, but... read TLBTLD, know it, and know yourself and your physiological responses to both CQ's and RQ's before you go full guns for a physical CM strategy... imho...

...remembering that the polygaffer is not your pal or someone on your side.  At best, they're someone looking for admissions.  At worst, they're out to disqualify you from whatever you're there for, twist your words into double-helixes, or glean info for legal or other purposes...

No comment on my success rate for beating polys  Wink  However, calmness, blanking your mind (esp during RQ's), and pumping up your reactions to CQ's has, ah, been of assistance to me.  That, and knowing the whole process and all its merdum tauri (Latin), was a large help.  We fear what we don't know a lot more than what we do know.

One thing I have done that isn't much spoken of is the tactic of answering CQ's ("Have you ever lied to make yourself appear better or savvier to someone else?" was one I had once) both honestly (which is a yes) -and- augmenting my response anyway.  It must have played with that guy's mind something fierce.  He wanted a lie of no, of course, but I was flat truthful with him.  However, I still realized that I needed to augment, so I did.  And I passed, with a very half-hearted try of "trouble" on a side issue.  Bing bang boom.

..."If you know your enemy (polygrapher) as yourself, you will be victorious in 100 out of 100 battles."- Sun Tzu.  Know TLBTLD.  Know yourself.  If you do, what others have used is almost immaterial, unless you're facing some similar situation calling for an unorthodox CM...  Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:05am by cesium_133 »  

Polygraphers escaped from among the evils of Pandora's box, which might have been an old analog polygraph... only God can tell whether you're lying or not, and He will judge you in His own time...
IP Logged

New User

Reply #13 - Oct 12th, 2012 at 11:57pm
See, I figure that I'd be the absolute worst candidate for any kind of polygraph situation.  If I even ask myself a typical relevant question (say, "have you ever smoked marijuana") and I think a lie (no), I feel a tightness in my chest.

I think my fascination with the polygraph probably has more to do with the fascination of being able to modify your own physiological responses to stuff.  I should try yoga lol Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jim
New User

Reply #14 - Oct 21st, 2012 at 10:45pm
I took two poly's and failed both with biting tongue. The first I missed one, the second it was 2 questions. Now they are going to give my accuser one. Hope they fail also. That will give me an out.

IP Logged

People who have lied and passed a polygraph?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X