Poll
Poll Question: Pass/Fail/Inconclusive

« Created by: Charioce on: Apr 17th, 2022 at 9:22pm »
Normal Topic Poly Result Predictions (Read 1549 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Charioce

Poly Result Predictions
Apr 17th, 2022 at 9:21pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I recently took my poly for an agency, and everything was normal up until a certain point during the testing phase (this was my third poly).

During the first few rounds of questioning my examiner said that I was showing "good responses" so he was going to take "2 lbs" of cuff pressure off but during the first round of the second category of questions he went back to the "regular" pressure and the hand that the blood pressure cuff (usually left) began to almost seize up and involuntarily move due to how tight the cuff was on my arm and after each round my hand was a light purple hue due to how restricting it was. I've never had this happen to me during a poly before, but my examiner was adamant that it was the standard cuff pressure, so I pushed through the numbness/seizing that it was causing until the end of the testing.

After testing I assume that I showed a "significant response" to one of the questions because my examiner went with the post polygraph interview line, and they told me that one questions in particular was giving me "trouble". I was being honest and forthcoming during the entirety of the polygraph, but my examiner told me that because something was going on with my arm/hand, my chart in the second half of testing was "showing responses even when questions were not being asked" and that if he was in headquarters, he would consider me a fail because of this one question despite all the others being within parameters. He then proceeded to confront me with the question that I was having trouble with and I stuck to my guns because I had been honest the entire time.

When all things were said and done my examiner did not let me see the other members of the office to turn in additional documents and because of that I am unsure of the results but I do hope that they will let me test again.

Would you guys be willing to share your thoughts and any weird poly experiences that you may have had?

IP Logged

Re: Poly Result Predictions
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2022 at 9:22pm
Poll

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 8:16am
Charioce,

Based on your description it sounds like you underwent a relevant/irrelevant screening "test" administered by either the CIA or NSA. These agencies frequently bring applicants in for up to three polygraph sessions.

Based on your description, it seems likely to me that you did not pass. However, I cannot be certain about that. Sometimes job candidates who pass are left with the impression that they failed.

It is less common for a fourth polygraph session to be granted, but it sometimes happens. Let's hope for the best.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 2:27pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Apr 18th, 2022 at 8:16am:
Charioce,

Based on your description it sounds like you underwent a relevant/irrelevant screening "test" administered by either the CIA or NSA. These agencies frequently bring applicants in for up to three polygraph sessions.

Based on your description, it seems likely to me that you did not pass. However, I cannot be certain about that. Sometimes job candidates who pass are left with the impression that they failed.

It is less common for a fourth polygraph session to be granted, but it sometimes happens. Let's hope for the best.

It was for a DOJ agency

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 2:30pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Apr 18th, 2022 at 8:16am:
Charioce,

Also, this was not my third polygraph for the same agency. This is my third polygraph that I have ever taken, and they have each been with a different agency.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 2:43pm
Charioce,

Thank you for the clarification that this wasn't a third polygraph session.

DOJ agencies usually offer applicants only a single polygraph session, although if the outcome is inconclusive, a "re-test" may be granted.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Poly Result Predictions

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X