Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) DIA's Insider Threat Program (Read 128420 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John M.

DIA's Insider Threat Program
Feb 17th, 2017 at 5:08pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
On October 7th, 2011, then-President Obama established an Executive Order, “STRUCTURAL REFORMS TO IMPROVE THE SECURITY OF CLASSIFIED NETWORKS AND THE RESPONSIBLE SHARING AND SAFEGUARDING OF CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.”

The intent of this Order, was to stop any further WikiLeaks-style disclosures.  As a result, the Insider Threat Task Force was formed and directed to find potential traitors.  Individuals in this Task Force aggressively target employees that exhibit specific indicators.

Within the Defense Intelligence Agency, this Task Force has morphed into the “Insider Threat Program” and works with the “Creditability Assessments Program” for the Office of Security.  For this program to succeed in its mission, it must identify and mitigate potential threats. Unfortunately, innocent federal employees are being abused in the process, as their polygraph results are being used to punish them.  Reputations, careers and lives are forever ruined by senior officials who willfully violate approved and relevant regulations in an effort to advance themselves.

It is against Public Law (100-347) to use polygraph results as the sole basis for taking unfavorable or adverse action against the general public.  Polygraph tests are inherently probabilistic and to use the results alone as justification for punishment is strictly forbidden.  Department of Defense Instruction (DODI) 5210.91, SUBJECT: Polygraph and Credibility Assessment (PCA) Procedures, affords this same protection and civil liberties for Federal Civilians. 

The overriding mandate in this regulation is that Polygraph examinations are a supplement to, not a substitute for, other methods of screening or investigation.  No unfavorable administrative action (to include access, employment, assignment, and detail determinations) shall be taken solely on the basis of the results of the polygraph examination.   

It is indisputable fact that this is happening.  My numerous attempts to stop this injustice have so far gone unsuccessful.  Inspector Generals at all levels are unable, or unwilling to enforce the regulations.  Even my congressman and senators are helpless.

This policy must be stopped immediately and someone held accountable!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: DIA's Insider Threat Program
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 5:27pm
John,

Thank you for sharing this information. I would be interested to know more about what is happening. Could you share documentation of polygraph results being used to punish DIA personnel, and could you share it with us?

I would welcome information from anyone with knowledge of such abuses at DIA to contact me via Signal Private Messenger or Wire. My contact information is in my signature block below.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 11:14pm
Quote:
Reputations, careers and lives are forever ruined by senior officials who willfully violate approved and relevant regulations in an effort to advance themselves.

It is against Public Law (100-347) to use polygraph results as the sole basis for taking unfavorable or adverse action against the general public.  Polygraph tests are inherently probabilistic and to use the results alone as justification for punishment is strictly forbidden.

It is worse than you think.  The way they get around the "......results alone" mandate is to falsify confessions.  This is the real crime.  A browbeaten victim pushed to the brink of reality by the twisted logic and incessant hammering of the polygraph examiner may make some confused utterance which is then categorized as a "confession".   The "confession" added to the charts are then verified by the polygraph lynch mob in the security division of whatever agency it involves and no innocent person thus framed stands a chance. 

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 11:35pm
It is worse than everyone thinks.

No confessions - period.  No attempts at countermeasures either.  No written findings were ever produced. I sat through five polygraphs in three years with results alternating between "No Opinion" and "Significant Response."

I was stripped of my clearance, made to occupy a meaningless position in an unclassified area for 10 months, then involuntarily reassigned to HQ DIA.  These are all considered "Unfavorable Administrative Actions" (Code of Federal Regulations, Title 32: National Defense, Part 154 - Definitions).

I filed an IG Complaint with DOD. After a sloppy investigation - I obtained everything through FOIA - the case was closed when officials from DIA and SOCOM pointed fingers at each other and denied any responsibility.

The question is, how can we get DOD to enforce its own regulations?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Evan S
Senior User

Reply #4 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 11:58pm
Google the case of former DIA employee John Dullahan, who was terminated for allegedly failing 2 (or 3) polygraphs.  Was not told the specific reasons.  DIA cited the following little-known clause: if national security might be harmed, the reasons for termination need not be disclosed.

He successfully won his lawsuit.

I'll go out on a limb by speculating it was a case of age discrimination.  You may fire away quickfix!

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 2:03am
I was told the specific reason, as was my congressman - for my inability to successfully "complete" multiple polygraph examinations.  They come right out and say it in a letter from the Congressional Relations Division.

DIAI 5200.002 was enacted 03 JUL 2014 when LTG Flynn was in charge.  It directly contradicts the higher authority DODI 5210.91 - almost word for word.  When I complained to DOD that their regulations were being violated, they declined to investigate and referred my complaint to DIA for their information and appropriate action.

They are getting away with this abuse and no one can stop them.  I understand the USD(I) is responsible for enforcing DODI policy, but every time I try to blow my damn whistle, I end up being referred back to DIA.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Feb 19th, 2017 at 2:56am
Quote:
I understand the USD(I) is responsible for enforcing DODI policy, but every time I try to blow my damn whistle, I end up being referred back to DIA.

My understanding is that the polygraph policy for all military and intelligence agencies comes from the Director of National Intelligence (DNI).  The DNI is heavily influenced in a bad way by Congress and the polygraph lobby.  The unbreakable part of the sinister iron triangle appears to be Congress.  There are a few congressman such as Senator Grassley (IA) and former Representative Holt (NJ) who occasionally conduct oversight hearings pertaining to polygraph abuse, but most of our elected representatives are getting their palms greased by the billion dollar polygraph lobby and therein lies the problem.   

The only thing that could get DOD and executive branch agencies to follow the law and stop polygraph abuse would involve a morally courageous person to become DNI or get enough congressmen to ignore the polygraph lobby and provide meaningful oversight over its excesses.  Unfortunately, I think the odds of Lot finding 10 good men in Sodom and Gomorrah were much better than the odds of finding one good morally courageous man or woman in the upper echelons of our government.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Feb 19th, 2017 at 7:26pm
Thanks for the input Wandersmann.

I have been in close contact with my congressman and senators.  I have filed complaints with the US Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs (Chair - Ron Johnson), and with the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform (Chair - Jason Chaffetz).

Clapper is/was a complete idiot and a political hack.  His appointment to the position of DNI is an embarrassment to the entire intelligence community.  I briefed him a couple times when he was in charge of NGA and got to know him as an alcoholic asshole and a sycophant.

The Insider Threat Program operates like a modern day Stassi.  As I said in my earlier post, they advance in their careers by ruining the lives and careers of others.  Public Law 100-347 and DODI 5210.91 were created to guard against this pernicious type of abuse.  I vow to continue fighting them until their abuses are brought to light and they are held accountable.

Judgement is coming, remember Lot’s wife.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #8 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 5:22pm
Quote:
It is worse than everyone thinks.

No confessions - period.  No attempts at countermeasures either.  No written findings were ever produced. I sat through five polygraphs in three years with results alternating between "No Opinion" and "Significant Response."

I was stripped of my clearance, made to occupy a meaningless position in an unclassified area for 10 months, then involuntarily reassigned to HQ DIA.  These are all considered "Unfavorable Administrative Actions" (Code of Federal Regulations, Title 32: National Defense, Part 154 - Definitions).

I filed an IG Complaint with DOD. After a sloppy investigation - I obtained everything through FOIA - the case was closed when officials from DIA and SOCOM pointed fingers at each other and denied any responsibility.

The question is, how can we get DOD to enforce its own regulations?

Isn't losing a security clearance virtually tantamount to the ending of one's employment in the IC?  I'm actually impressed that they even bothered to create an employment "accommodation" for you at DIA! 

Generally, losing that almighty clearance doesn't put one into a "protected class" under federal anti-discriminatory guidelines! Cool
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2017 at 9:27pm by xenonman »  

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 5:58pm
Quote:
I was told the specific reason, as was my congressman - for my inability to successfully "complete" multiple polygraph examinations.  They come right out and say it in a letter from the Congressional Relations Division.

DIAI 5200.002 was enacted 03 JUL 2014 when LTG Flynn was in charge.  It directly contradicts the higher authority DODI 5210.91 - almost word for word.  When I complained to DOD that their regulations were being violated, they declined to investigate and referred my complaint to DIA for their information and appropriate action.

They are getting away with this abuse and no one can stop them.  I understand the USD(I) is responsible for enforcing DODI policy, but every time I try to blow my damn whistle, I end up being referred back to DIA.

Time was when DIA (like the FBI) did not routinely polygraph all applicants and employees!  Sad

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Reply #10 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 9:03pm
Yanking someone's clearance and labeling them a vulnerability based solely on the results of the polygraph is libel.  They defamed my character and ruined my reputation.  I worked for 34 years in Intel and never once had a security violation.

George M. and I were just talking about how the efforts to ramp up polygraph examinations have taken off since Snowden. It big business like Wandersmann said.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Feb 21st, 2017 at 9:09pm
Since there is a new SECDEF and a new DNI on the way, I figured it would be a good time to file another whistleblower complaint to the House Oversight Committee.

They'll probably just blow me off again, but here’s what I said:

•      Senior Officials in the DIA Office of Security are abusing their authority by taking unfavorable administrative actions against innocent federal employees based solely on the results of the polygraph.  These actions directly violate DOD regulations and individual rights through illegitimate and discriminatory actions.   

•    These officials have repeatedly deflected and defeated attempts to investigate my claims by twisting the facts and providing false testimony.

•    Inspector Generals at all levels are unable to (for whatever reasons/cover-up by DIA/ODNI) enforce approved and relevant regulations to prohibit these abuses and safeguard individual rights.

•    DODI 5210.91 explicitly forbids taking unfavorable administrative actions against an individual based solely on the results of the polygraph.  In direct opposition to authority, DIA enacted DIAI 5200.002.  This internal FOUO regulation improperly sanctions these types of abusive actions.

•    My goal is expose this pernicious type of abuse and get it to stop.  Plans to conduct polygraph examinations on all employees and contractors will lead to further abuse.  Further abuse of this nature will most likely result in a class action lawsuit.

•    Agency officials have also committed perjury in official Department of Labor documents.  They lied to the investigators in my claim by saying that their actions were allowed and simply a function of my employment.

•    Agency officials have also lied to my Congressman about their actions in a letter dated April 6th, 2016.

•    I require an independent fact finder to provide validation of my claims.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #12 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 1:10am
Quote:
I have been in close contact with my congressman and senators.  I have filed complaints with the US Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs (Chair - Ron Johnson), and with the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform (Chair - Jason Chaffetz).

Good to read your input John, although I'm sorry for your suffering.  Same thing happened to me.  30 years in the Army and Intell community without as much as a verbal reprimand.  I'm working after retirement to try to put two kids through college and they stole my livelihood as well.  I'm working at a job not commensurate with my background making 25% of the pay I was once getting.  I like what you said, it is libel.  Our Founding Fathers would have supported challenging these clowns to a duel to the death over their dishonorable actions.  I wish we still could.  If we could, however ,that would be the end of the polygraph profession.  Bullies are cowards who don't attack if the victim poses a potential threat.  I've been saying all along that these bastards need to get sued out of existence after they go to prison for their fraud.

On a more substantive note, I'd like to write Chaffetz and Johnson and echo your information.  Will they consider a complaint from someone who is not a constituent?  I don't know if I could qualify at this point under Whistle blower regs, but I'd love to support your efforts.  In the past I have written Sen Grassley and Rep Holt who were involved in polygraph oversight.  They kept referring me to my local Congressman and Senators who have done nothing more than refer my complaint back to my agency.  

I firmly believe that if anyone could get through to Congressman Trey Gowdy and make him aware of what is going on he would erupt.  He is the most honorable guy on the hill, can't stand Bureaucratic waste, fraud, and abuse, and knows the Constitution by heart.  He is a staunch believer in due process and would easily see through the technical machinations the polygraph community uses to subvert the Constitution.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2017 at 1:32am by Wandersmann »  

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 2:46am
Thank you for your input Wandersmann.  It pains me greatly to hear about others suffering the same fate as I did.  That is exactly why I decided to go public and expose the injustice.  My congressman’s office has been somewhat helpful – mainly only to request status updates and to request clarifications of my IG complaints.   

Chaffetz and Johnson chair House and Senate Committees that provide whistle blower platforms.  Maybe if we all get together and blow our whistles, we can eventually get someone to hear us.

Here is the link for the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform: https://oversight.house.gov/subcommittee/full-committee/ ; Click on the “Blow the Whistle” link at the top of the page.  By the way, Trey Gowdy sits on this committee as well.

The US Senate Committee on Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs is the other congressional forum that I believe can help.  https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/hearings ; Click on “Contact” at the top of the page and select “Whistleblowers”.  You can submit a complaint to both Johnson and McCaskill.  An individual from this office contacted me last week and wants to set up an interview with me.

I’ve been keeping records since this all started in October 2013.  I have indisputable facts (through testimonies, affidavits, interviews and emails that I obtained through FOIA) that show they have violated important regulations and my individual rights.   

Like you, I’m not financially secure, so I can’t afford a lawyer.  I feel the only thing we can do is keep blowing the damn whistle.  Maybe with the new administration (SECDEF and DNI) we can get some traction.  I would love to tell Rep. Gowdy my story - I dream of testifying before a committee someday.

Do you use Wire?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #14 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 4:57am
John M. I applaud your efforts to bring a stop to the actions of the evil polygraph operators.  I have been fighting these bastards for almost 40 years.  I have been using a three-pronged attack against them - EDUCATION, LEGISLATION and LITIGATION.  I suggest you continue using those same tactics.   

EDUCATION - No one should ever take a polygraph test until they have educated themselves about how it works and how to protect themselves from being falsely accused of deception.  Of course I like my manual and accompanying DVD entitled HOW TO STING THE POLYGRAPH, but Dr. Maschke's book THE LIE BEHIND THE LIE DETECTOR is also very good.

LEGISLATION - Government employees should press for the same protections afforded to the private sector employees.  The protections provided by the EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT should be extended to all government employees.   

LITIGATION - Until such time as the EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT is expanded to include government employees, there are many protections in this act that apply to government employees.  You have pointed out some of them, but there are many more that will be evident with a careful reading of the law.  For instance, a government employee can refuse to take the polygraph test, and not suffer any consequences for that refusal.  If an employee is damaged as a result of the polygraph operator or an agency's violation of this law, they should file a tort action to recover damages.

Keep up the good work, and I wish you GOOD LUCK, (believe me, you will need it).

From Florence Federal Prison - Doug Williams

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

DIA's Insider Threat Program

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X