Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Another CIA reject (Read 18292 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AAFJE
New User

Another CIA reject
Sep 23rd, 2016 at 1:09pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello all!  I received the dreaded "thanks but no thanks" letter from the agency.  I made it though the process including the "3 day visit" at Dulles. 
I can only guess that I said or did something wrong during the psych evaluation, or perhaps the medical portion.  Of course they won't tell me why they rejected me, only that I can re-apply in one year. 
If I submit a FOIA to the CIA, is it possible that I may find out the reason why they rejected me? 
Has anyone here successfully applied again after the one year wait period?
Does the CIA share their non polygraph information with other federal entities?

Thanks folks!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box cia reject

Re: Another CIA reject
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 4:11pm
AAFJE wrote on Sep 23rd, 2016 at 1:09pm:
Hello all!  I received the dreaded "thanks but no thanks" letter from the agency.  I made it though the process including the "3 day visit" at Dulles. 
I can only guess that I said or did something wrong during the psych evaluation, or perhaps the medical portion.  Of course they won't tell me why they rejected me, only that I can re-apply in one year. 
If I submit a FOIA to the CIA, is it possible that I may find out the reason why they rejected me? 
Has anyone here successfully applied again after the one year wait period?
Does the CIA share their non polygraph information with other federal entities?

Thanks folks!

Yes, a FOIA request will help you figure out why you were rejected if they started your background investigation. If not, all you will get is a redacted polygraph report, which is basically a blank sheet of paper.  Polygraphs reports are protected and you can't get a copy with FOIA.

Yes, CIA shares poly and non-poly info with other agencies. I am speaking from experience. It is part of your security clearance process to check the dirt that other agencies dug up on you.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 2:56pm
cia reject, thank you so much for the reply.  I made it through the process up to the BI.  As far as I know they did not start the BI.

Are you confident that the CIA shares non-poly info including health information with other agencies?
I have a disability, and I am sure that is why I got the ax.  Of course they won't tell me that, but I would like to know.   
If you or anyone else reading this post can verify what information is provided by the agency in a FOIA request I would appreciate it!

Thanks everyone.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 6:07pm
AAFJE wrote on Sep 24th, 2016 at 2:56pm:
cia reject, thank you so much for the reply.  I made it through the process up to the BI.  As far as I know they did not start the BI.

Are you confident that the CIA shares non-poly info including health information with other agencies?
I have a disability, and I am sure that is why I got the ax.  Of course they won't tell me that, but I would like to know.  
If you or anyone else reading this post can verify what information is provided by the agency in a FOIA request I would appreciate it!

Thanks everyone.

I don't know if they provide health information to other agencies.  When I did my FOIA after my CIA rejection, all that came back is a copy of the SF-86 pages that I hand-wrote and turned in, a redacted polygraph report that just had my name and occupation, a letter saying I was rejected with some other stuff on it, and that was it.  Since they never started my BI, so there was nothing else to give me.  I have done FOIA with other agencies that ran my BI and received the full detailed report including my credit report and what people said about me when they were interviewed.  When you have your full BI report, you can read it and you will know why you were rejected.  With just redacted polygraph report, it is hard to tell why you were rejected, but you should have a clue based on how your 3-day went at Dulles Discovery.  Something bad had to have happened during that 3-day that you remember that would cause you to get the ax.

Yes, I am 100% confident the CIA share info with other agencies.  Part of the security clearance process is the NACLAC (Google it).  The National Agency Check part is just that, a check of your record with other national agencies.  When I was recruited later by another agency, the CIA shared my polygraph info with them.  I don't know if the new agency saw my whole recorded polygraph video session, but I never made any confessions and the CIA reported to the other agency the words: "the polygraph yielded no confessions but the CIA felt strongly not to hire the applicant".   

Why exactly do you think you were rejected?  What is your disability?  The CIA hires disabled people all the time.  In fact, they are on this liberal push to hire as many disableds, homos, Muslims, and other types of people that would not have had a chance in Hell in the conservative CIA of the 1990s.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 9:56pm
I would only be guessing as to why they rejected me, hence my FOIA request questions.  
Did the agency include any of the results of your MMPI or psych eval in your FOIA request?
After you were rejected by the CIA, were you successful at obtaining a position at any other IC agencies?
Have you reapplied to the CIA?

Thanks again for all your responses!
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2016 at 10:27pm by AAFJE »  

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 10:27pm
I will answer your questions after you answer mines.

What happened at your 3-day?
Why exactly do you think you were rejected?   
What is your disability? 

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 10:44pm
Quote:
I will answer your questions after you answer mines.

What happened at your 3-day?
Why exactly do you think you were rejected?  
What is your disability? 

The standard, psych eval, physical, polygraph.
I admitted to seeking help for depression.
Loss of one or more body parts vital for human function.  I'm trying to be vague for obvious reasons.  Anyone who has experience such a loss is likely to experience depression.  I did, sought treatment but I think they dinged me for seeking treatment.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 11:13pm
Sorry for your loss.  I can't even imagine what you must have went through.  My deepest condolences.  I'm surprised because the CIA usually hires disabled people and would only reject you if your disability makes you unable to do your job.   

My FOIA file did not include my MMPI, visit with the shrink, or the "Blue Book Assessment" (did you take that too?) results.  Now I wonder...when you submit a FOIA, you are to specifically request what information you want.  Did I forget to request my psych files?  I don't remember.  But I am willing to bet the CIA wouldn't give them to me even if I requested them, those files may be protected by FOIA as well, but I don't know. 

Check out this blog and news article about a CIA female NCS trainee who got booted, went nuts, and shared her story and all her CIA files a few years ago.
http://ciacorrupt.blogspot.com/
http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2012/03/29/lynnea-williams-spy-who-tweets.ht...

I got a contractor job a few years after my CIA rejection and got my TS clearance.  I told the investigators that the CIA was full of shit, the polygraph is garbage, and my record was spotless.  I have not reapplied to CIA, I have moved on.

Which position did you apply for or were being recruited for?  Were you rejected for suitability or denied a clearance?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #8 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:44am
Quote:
My FOIA file did not include my MMPI, visit with the shrink, or the "Blue Book Assessment" (did you take that too?) results.  Now I wonder...when you submit a FOIA, you are to specifically request what information you want.  Did I forget to request my psych files?  I don't remember.  But I am willing to bet the CIA wouldn't give them to me even if I requested them, those files may be protected by FOIA as well, but I don't know.

You might also try making a request under the Privacy Act (PA).  That will be particularly useful for reviewing most of the paperwork associated with the Agency  application process, including the BI.  Polygraph results are never released by the CIA, but they are by the NSA.

That's  interesting about the MMPI.  I don't think that the CIA used that instrument when I was applying there, although the NSA did. Huh

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #9 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:47am
Quote:
Check out this blog and news article about a CIA female NCS trainee who got booted, went nuts, and shared her story and all her CIA files a few years ago.
http://ciacorrupt.blogspot.com/
http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2012/03/29/lynnea-williams-spy-who-tweets.ht...

Yes, I found the case of Lynnae Williams fascinating.  Very similar to my experience, except that I was never allowed to complete the vile entry process. Lips Sealed

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #10 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:48am
Quote:

You might also try making a request under the Privacy Act (PA).  That will be particularly useful for reviewing most of the paperwork associated with the Agency  application process, including the BI.  Polygraph results are never released by the CIA, but they are by the NSA.

That's  interesting about the MMPI.  I don't think that the CIA used that instrument when I was applying there, although the NSA did. Huh

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #11 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 4:58am
Quote:
reported to the other agency the words: "the polygraph yielded no confessions but the CIA felt strongly not to hire the applicant". 

I'd love to know just what was meant by that typical Agency-speak  nonsense! Grin

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ptrckhsu

Reply #12 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 2:17am
AAFJE, 

I would not recommending appealing for CIA denial, unless you want to wait an unexpected amount of time. I was denied a security clearance on October 2013, and I appealed. However, it has been 3 years and I have not heard back from the agency. I've been stuck in limbo since then. Long story short, the polygraphers and adjudicators interrogated me 3 times each lasting several hours and made false allegations against me. Now they've permanently damaged my reputation and I probably have 0% chance of every getting any kind of clearance.

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #13 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 7:53pm
No, with respect to the CIA, you'd just be wasting your time.
Since the CIA essentially operates as a law unto itself, you might still have a chance at clearance at other agencies. Roll Eyes

YouTube  
IP Logged

New User

Reply #14 - Oct 15th, 2016 at 2:06am
Quote:
AAFJE, 

I would not recommending appealing for CIA denial, unless you want to wait an unexpected amount of time. I was denied a security clearance on October 2013, and I appealed. However, it has been 3 years and I have not heard back from the agency. I've been stuck in limbo since then. Long story short, the polygraphers and adjudicators interrogated me 3 times each lasting several hours and made false allegations against me. Now they've permanently damaged my reputation and I probably have 0% chance of every getting any kind of clearance.

I was not denied employment because of my polygraph.  I suspect, but can obviously not prove that I was denied because of my disability.

IP Logged

Another CIA reject

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X