Normal Topic suspended/revoked clearance - am I "free" to be naughty? (Read 8552 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Someone666

suspended/revoked clearance - am I "free" to be naughty?
Aug 9th, 2016 at 3:16pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Let's say you work for the federal government and your security clearance gets suspended or revoked for some reason, like even a non-polygraph reason.  Does this mean you would be free to smoke marijuana where legal, not report foreign contacts, travel to other countries and do whatever without reporting it, engage in prostitution where it is legal, and other naughty fun things?  Some agency's drug policy only drug tests those who hold sensitive positions to access classified information.  If your job yanks your security clearance away, then it seems like you would have more freedom to do all the naughty things you could not do otherwise.  Since you would not have a security clearance, they can not even give you security violations for mishandling classified information because you are not allowed to have it in the first place!  I guess the only thing you cannot do is discuss the classified that you do know about from when you had your clearance, but who cares about that.  Anybody have any opinion on this matter?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Re: suspended/revoked clearance - am I "free" to be naughty?
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 5:35pm
Quote:
Let's say you work for the federal government and your security clearance gets suspended or revoked for some reason, like even a non-polygraph reason.  Does this mean you would be free to smoke marijuana where legal, not report foreign contacts, travel to other countries and do whatever without reporting it, engage in prostitution where it is legal, and other naughty fun things?  Some agency's drug policy only drug tests those who hold sensitive positions to access classified information.  If your job yanks your security clearance away, then it seems like you would have more freedom to do all the naughty things you could not do otherwise.  Since you would not have a security clearance, they can not even give you security violations for mishandling classified information because you are not allowed to have it in the first place!  I guess the only thing you cannot do is discuss the classified that you do know about from when you had your clearance, but who cares about that.  Anybody have any opinion on this matter?

Wouldn't the loss of security clearance be tantamount to loss of the job?

In that case, you certainly are a "free man" once again! Wink

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Someone666

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 8:19pm
xenonman wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 5:35pm:

Not exactly.  Some jobs have unclassified offices that are like holding cells to place bad employees in time-out.  So you can still do unclassified work, however quite trivial, while your situation is investigated by the good ol' boys who think they are so high and mighty because they have never been caught.  Besides, in the federal government, it is VERY difficult to fire someone.  Unlike in the private sector.  So a person who loses their clearance still has a job and gets a paycheck and benefits, while they sit on their butts at work browsing facebook and looking for other better jobs as they taxpayers' money.

It actually feels good to be a "free man" again.  Bring on the drugs, hookers, and Chinese and Russian honeytrap women!  I may never want a clearance again!   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Aunty Agony
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 1:12am
Does this mean you would be free to smoke marijuana where legal, not report foreign contacts, travel to other countries and do whatever without reporting it, engage in prostitution where it is legal, and other naughty fun things?

Are you trying to tell us that the only reason you refrained from toking weed, boinking Mexican whores, driving drunk, and muling blow from Albania, is because you wanted to protect your access to sensitive and classified government information?

Some people make Aunty wish that the polygraph did work.

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 2:30am
Quote:

What you're saying is interesting. Maybe that would explain why most of the people at the CIA whose jobs entail public contact (those who process applicants for example) are so incompetent.  Huh

Not exactly.  Some jobs have unclassified offices that are like holding cells to place bad employees in time-out.  So you can still do unclassified work, however quite trivial, while your situation is investigated by the good ol' boys who think they are so high and mighty because they have never been caught.  Besides, in the federal government, it is VERY difficult to fire someone.  Unlike in the private sector.  So a person who loses their clearance still has a job and gets a paycheck and benefits, while they sit on their butts at work browsing facebook and looking for other better jobs as they taxpayers' money.

It actually feels good to be a "free man" again.  Bring on the drugs, hookers, and Chinese and Russian honeytrap women!  I may never want a clearance again!  

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 2:32am
Quote:
[quote author=405D565756555956380 link=1470755795/1#1 date=1470764103]

What you're saying is very interesting. Maybe that would explain why most of the people at the CIA whose jobs entail public contact (those who process applicants for example) are so incompetent.  Huh

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 2:37am
xenonman wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 2:32am:

The next time that I'm in DC, you'll have to take me around and introduce me to some of the SVR (ex-KGB) honeypot women!  lol Grin

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #7 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 2:41am
Aunty Agony wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 1:12am:
Does this mean you would be free to smoke marijuana where legal, not report foreign contacts, travel to other countries and do whatever without reporting it, engage in prostitution where it is legal, and other naughty fun things?

Are you trying to tell us that the only reason you refrained from toking weed, boinking Mexican whores, driving drunk, and muling blow from Albania, is because you wanted to protect your access to sensitive and classified government information?

Well at least he waited until he no longer had that access to the classified stuff before planning his future debauchery! Grin

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #8 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 3:06pm
Another point:  Isn't the CIA, as an example, largely removed from federal civil service requirements governing hiring/firing?

The one exception is that the "Agency" does use the civil service "General Scale" for compensation purposes, except that the CIA starts employees at TWO FULL GS grades above those for entry-level employees at "open" federal agencies for new hires with similar levels of education.  Huh

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #9 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 1:50pm
Aunty Agony wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 1:12am:

How good is that white powder from Albania?  LOL Cheesy

YouTube  
IP Logged

suspended/revoked clearance - am I "free" to be naughty?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X