Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DWI (Read 691 times)
Anon2

DWI
Jun 22nd, 2016 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I apologize if this has already been covered elsewhere. I did a search for my question, but I could not find anything.

I am considering applying to the CIA. I was convicted of a DWI when I was 18 (about 10 years ago). Would this automatically disqualify me? My record is clean otherwise. Thanks!

IP Logged

Big Paul

Re: DWI
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 9:32am
Print Post  
No, this does not disqualify you, you're fine.  IF it was within 10 years ago when you fill out your SF-86 form for your security clearance, if you get to that point in the process, just report it.  If it was more than 10 years ago (like 10 years an one month), do not report it.  They only ask for criminal activity in the last 10 years, unless it was a felony then they ask for lifetime history.

I know plenty of people with misdemeanors and minor arrests and still have top secret clearance.  Time passed since the event is the key to mitigation, and ten years since your last arrests is more than enough time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo