Normal Topic DWI (Read 2459 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anon2

DWI
Jun 22nd, 2016 at 4:17pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi,

I apologize if this has already been covered elsewhere. I did a search for my question, but I could not find anything. 

I am considering applying to the CIA. I was convicted of a DWI when I was 18 (about 10 years ago). Would this automatically disqualify me? My record is clean otherwise. Thanks!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Big Paul

Re: DWI
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 9:32am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
No, this does not disqualify you, you're fine.  IF it was within 10 years ago when you fill out your SF-86 form for your security clearance, if you get to that point in the process, just report it.  If it was more than 10 years ago (like 10 years an one month), do not report it.  They only ask for criminal activity in the last 10 years, unless it was a felony then they ask for lifetime history.

I know plenty of people with misdemeanors and minor arrests and still have top secret clearance.  Time passed since the event is the key to mitigation, and ten years since your last arrests is more than enough time.

IP Logged

DWI

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X