Normal Topic Share Your Maintence Polygraph Experience (Read 2424 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Tristar333
New User

Share Your Maintence Polygraph Experience
Apr 7th, 2016 at 8:33pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
8.4.3. Maintenance exam - time of reference. Maintenance Exams should address a time of
reference subsequent to the date of conviction or the previous Maintenance Exam,
generally not exceeding one (1) year and only exceeding two (2) years in rare
circumstances. The time of reference may be described generally as the six (6) month
period preceding the examination; although, there may be reasons for lengthening or
shortening the time of reference for some exams. All investigation targets in a test series
should have a common time of reference.

Doing research I found this guideline from the A.P.A., which required by most states (including my own), polygraphers must follow by, and have went to school accredited by the A.P.A.

Will anyone share their maintenance polygraph experience with me and answer a few questions?

In what rare circumstances must they go 2+ years?

Also their has got to be a reason why they have a Time Of 
Reference.. Is it because the polygraph loses its effectiveness?

How far back did your poly go back?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Re: Share Your Maintence Polygraph Experience
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 12:33am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Tristar333, you are most likely at the mercy of the "treatment triangle" -- a conceptual triad consisting of your parole officer, your therapist, and your polygraph operator.

To a significant extent, those empowered individuals can make up the rules as they see fit.

The APA indeed publishes model policies -- such as one on Post Conviction Sex Offender Testing (PCSOT)-- but the organization  has no real teeth. In many cases, the APA is but a paper tiger.

As for going back beyond two years, such a circumstance may be necessary if a convicted sex offender has been in the community for an appreciable length of time, but has not yet subjected to a PCSOT "test."

In that case, relevant questions may be introduced thusly:

"Since your release from prison, have you..."

-or-

"Since your conviction, have you..."

As for polygraph losing its effectiveness over time, the APA has not -- to the best of my knowledge -- published any recommendations for time delimited cut-offs. It is not unusual for polygraph operators to conduct exams on individuals with suspected involvement in events alleged to have happened decades ago.

IP Logged

Share Your Maintence Polygraph Experience

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X