Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Do you receive results? (Read 21547 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kubota139
New User

Do you receive results?
Mar 19th, 2016 at 11:44am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
After the polygraph is over do you receive a hard copy of the results?   I need to take a polygraph that will deal with my affairs during my marriage.  Now whether I should or shouldn't can be debated I need to do it and beat it using the techniques here. But my question is when it is over do I get some sort of paper result?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Re: Do you receive results?
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 3:35pm
It is customary to receive a written report from the examiner within a few working days of the "test." 

However, some examiners provide immediate results in the form of a computer-generated report from an on-board scoring system, such as PolyScore or Objective Scoring System 3. 

In either case, results are usually available in paper or electronic form.

In my opinion, fidelity polygraphs are typically a complete waste of time and money. As an examiner, I discourage them. Many polygraph examiners refuse to run them altogether.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 5:02pm
Kubota139 wrote on Mar 19th, 2016 at 11:44am:
I need to do it and beat it using the techniques here.

So you want to "beat" an infidelity polygraph? How about just being faithful to your wife? If this is something you cannot or will not do, then you are better to get a divorce and live your life of promiscuity. If you do want to salvage your marriage, you will always fail if it is built upon a foundation of deceit.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2016 at 8:30pm by Ex Member »  

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 3:44pm
Ark, I have a rhetorical question for you...

In your opinion, are there any circumstances under which the implementation of countermeasures in a polygraph "test" would be justified?

If so, please elaborate.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 3:58pm
The best countermeasure is not submitting to polygraph testing.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 4:21pm
Ark, you dodged the question.

For the individual who is compelled to take a polygraph "test," are countermeasures ever justified?

It's just a rhetorical question. There's no need to avoid it.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 10:40pm
I did not dodge it. I answered it. There is a time to use countermeasures and there is only one that is 100% effective. 

Beyond that, you are in effect asking me if it's okay to lie under any circumstances. I would probably have to refer you to the writings of Kant and Hume to probe this issue. It was probably okay to deny being a Jew in Germany in 1939, but is it okay for Kubota to lie to his wife about his promiscuity? Same for not putting down a criminal offense on a job application. A guy has to get a job and earn a living, so?

Now there is the tactic of using countermeasures to protect against a false positive. Ostensibly, this seems just; however, I would like to know what percentage of examinees who employ countermeasures fall into this category. Is it idealistic to assume the majority?

I do not have the credentials to offer a meaningful discourse on the ethics of deception, although I would like to hear the opinions of others with more insight into these issues.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #7 - Mar 21st, 2016 at 2:17am
Ex Member wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 10:40pm:
There is a time to use countermeasures

That's all we need to know.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #8 - Mar 21st, 2016 at 1:53pm
I took the liberty of speaking for your legion of loyal followers here on antipolygraph.org, the Internet's most authoritative web site dedicated to telling the truth about the polygraph "test."

Ark, you are held in high regard here -- even in light of your propensity for the occasional cheap shot when someone strikes a raw nerve.

Given your virtual stipulation that "there is a time for countermeasures," you have done much to serve the cause of truth with integrity, objectivity and fairness to all persons.

We applaud your candor. It is especially daring, considering your position in the polygraph community.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2016 at 4:48pm
I think you misunderstood me. I said there is a time for countermeasures, and one should use the biggest countermeasure of all: do not submit to polygraph testing. The cheap shot was actually just my snarky humor--one cannot count the times I had to stay after school as a kid. I deleted it as it did not contribute to the conversation.

In those cases where someone is compelled to submit and they are hiding information which will put them into extreme jeopardy, then I would recommend seeking the advice of legal counsel.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2016 at 5:09pm by Ex Member »  

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2016 at 5:40pm
Ark, let's turn to an aspect of polygraph countermeasure usage that strikes you as being ostensibly just: Honest people with nothing to hide helping themselves pass the "test" in order to avoid a false-positive result.

Given the fact that no test is perfect -- and polygraph screening exams in general are prone to a relatively high rate of FPs -- would you agree that such a course of action is not irrational, if not downright prudent?

Look at it this way... Law school graduates are known to spend a great deal of time, effort and money preparing for the make-or-break bar exam. (Can anyone blame them, after all their academic travails, for trying to gain an edge in what could be a career show stopper?) Such preparation often includes taking mock bar exams. Similarly, doesn't it make sense for the honest LE or gummint job seeker to be as well prepared as possible for their official pre-employment polygraph "test"?

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #11 - Mar 21st, 2016 at 6:19pm
Dan Mangan wrote on Mar 21st, 2016 at 5:40pm:
Similarly, doesn't it make sense for the honest LE or gummint job seeker to be as well prepared as possible for their official pre-employment polygraph "test"?

Given that the CQT lacks construct validity, and that the applicant has no recourse, and that the examiner would not allow the data to be provided for an objective second opinion, and assuming that the examinee is not withholding any disqualifying information, then yes, I would not be adverse to using countermeasures to prevent a false positive.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #12 - Mar 21st, 2016 at 6:46pm
Ark, how do we, as examiners, distinguish between those would attempt to use countermeasures in order to avoid a false positive, from those who are attempting to hide relevant/disqualifying information?

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #13 - Mar 21st, 2016 at 6:58pm
Excellent question quickfix. I am at a loss for an answer.

Dan, what would President Elect Mangan's input be?

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #14 - Mar 21st, 2016 at 7:07pm
Our sanctioned testing methods need to evolve to a greater extent than they have thus far.

One option might be to adopt the EyeDetect-PDD successive hurdle model, which is said to provide an outcome confidence of 97%.

Learn more here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O8zN0o1qt9k

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Do you receive results?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X