Normal Topic Polygraph "Additional Testing" (Read 8126 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Paranoidpolygraphie
New User

Polygraph "Additional Testing"
Sep 10th, 2016 at 1:57pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
So I took a preemployement poly some time ago and within 24 hours was contacted and told that they needed me to come back in to the office for "Additional Testing". My first polygraph was a nightmare although the person giving the test was very professional I began having a anxiety attack mid way which made the results inconclusive. At this point I was just curious if anyone might have any clue why they contacted me back so quickly as most seem to have to wait months. Also what to expect in a "Additional Testing" polygraph or is it simple a retest and if so do I have to take it all again or would it be more targeted?

Thanks ahead of time for the information.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Polygraph "Additional Testing"
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 3:55pm
Paranoidpolygraphie,

Am I correct in inferring that your polygraph was with either CIA or NSA? Both agencies use a polygraph technique called the relevant/irrelevant "test" in which it is not uncommon for applicants to be subjected to multiple séances.

It's possible in such a situation, that you'll be subjected to a more focused post-test interrogation. But I cannot say with any degree of certainty that such will be the case.

In any event, the fact that you were contacted regarding a "retest" within 24 hours is a good omen.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 4:28pm
I appreciate your quick response, it is for a 3 letter agency but none you listed if that matters. I just hate the unknown and vague obscurity they have with it. People I've known for years that take them on a regular basis don't even truly understand what they do. I have quite a bit riding on this and am just trying to gather some information just to ease my mind but I greatly appreciate your input.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lucy

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 8:41pm
When I took the CIA polygraph some years ago, I was also given the "rare" chance to take a second polygraph.  My 3-day processing schedule at the time left a big gap on the second day for some 3-4 hour event.... After my first day where I took polygraph part 1, they told me I was to retake the polygraph the next day, which conveniently filled that 3-4 hour gap, almost as if this had been pre-planned long before I even arrived in Chantilly VA for CIA processing.  I later found out that the CIA lied and gave just about all applicants a second polygraph.  Some applicants even were offered third polygraphs, but I hear those who declined the third polygraph were hired, and those that accepted the third polygraph got rejected.  Strange.   

I never got hired by the way.  I failed both polygraph apparently, even without making any confessions.  I now openly tell people how the polygraph works and how to beat it in hopes to expose this silly tool so it can be eliminated from existence.  The key to passing is to deny everything and make no disqualifying admissions.  Forget about reacting on questions, that can happen to anyone.  Just don't admit to anything, not even cheating your company expense reports, driving drunk and not being caught, banging a hooker, nor even getting a happy ending massage.  If there is no record of it and you don't have friends who know about it and will squeal, then it never happened.  Don't open the door to polygraphers. 

I am a former hooker and stripper who has shown and shared her vagina all around the U.S., but not many people knew because I was very discreet.  I got hired by the government and now have TS clearance with a poly that I passed.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 6:48am
Paranoidpolygraphie wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 4:28pm:
I appreciate your quick response, it is for a 3 letter agency but none you listed if that matters. I just hate the unknown and vague obscurity they have with it. People I've known for years that take them on a regular basis don't even truly understand what they do. I have quite a bit riding on this and am just trying to gather some information just to ease my mind but I greatly appreciate your input.

The NRO maybe?  lol   Roll Eyes

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 6:51am
Quote:
I am a former hooker and stripper

So it's not OK to bang a hooker, but it's OK to have been one?   LOL    Grin

YouTube  
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 10:48am
Paranoidpolygraphie,

I think the most important thing to bear in mind as you go into the "re-test" is that the whole procedure is an interrogation, not a valid test for deception. The polygraph operator's top objective is to elicit derogatory information from you.

In addition, be aware that the risk of being accused of using polygraph countermeasures will be higher on a "re-test" (whether or not you actually use them).

Good luck!

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #7 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 7:01pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Sep 11th, 2016 at 10:48am:
Paranoidpolygraphie,

I think the most important thing to bear in mind as you go into the "re-test" is that the whole procedure is an interrogation, not a valid test for deception. The polygraph operator's top objective is to elicit derogatory information from you.

In addition, be aware that the risk of being accused of using polygraph countermeasures will be higher on a "re-test" (whether or not you actually use them).

Good luck!

...and what derogatory information isn't elicited from the applicant during the polygraph "interview" is then sought, in the absence of the applicant,  during the BI. Roll Eyes

YouTube  
IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2016 at 9:11pm
So new polygraph new examiner but same results, I was calmer this time but they were still unable to give me a pass or fail. Since it was another inconclusive I have to take yet another one, I've tried to be honest and upfront but the truth apparently will not set you free. I've read the truth behind the polygraph now and want to enact counter measures... is this a good idea for my 3rd tried or am I screwed? I've got a decent few runs asking questions and see what my heart rate is at.... truthful im in a low 70s and when i do a control i think of something terrifying and get 90s. I'm not sure if this is a good idea... anyone have input if its even worth doing this or should I stick to honesty?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #9 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 5:26am
If you're being invited back for a third polygraph, that's a good sign that the agency is seriously interested in hiring you, and you have a real chance of passing.

If I were in your shoes, I would at minimum employ behavioral countermeasures in addition to mental countermeasures if a "control" question "test" is employed. Ultimately, whether to employ countermeasures or not is a personal choice that only you can make.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

New User

Reply #10 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 5:40am
I assume Mental are the thoughts of falling off a bridge or something else, what are the behavioral ones... I figure at this point I don't wanna let it slip by and unsure if i'll get another.... no reason to not implement it if they honestly can't discover them.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #11 - Sep 18th, 2016 at 5:45am
Regarding behavioral countermeasures, see Chapter 4 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector:

https://antipolygraph.org/lie-behind-the-lie-detector.pdf

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Polygraph "Additional Testing"

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X