Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) new to Texas SOTP Polys questions (Read 11506 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Re: new to Texas SOTP Polys questions
Reply #15 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 11:28pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
fupolys wrote on Apr 16th, 2015 at 6:34am:
I dont have any condition's against using the internet, I havent been scheduled for a new Poly yet, Yes now that Im a abit more educated on Polys now, I would like to see that charts, seems like any polygrapher could say, looks like you failed this questions, let me add a bunch of numbers together and show you. woah it adds up to 9's!
Lets see what the software says now, whoops, and show you the screen, that says deceptive, I mean wouldn't that stuff be easy to bluff? He also only ran 2 charts he could use, Dont they need to run three charts?
Finally and this is the kicker, He was my polygrapher when I used my defense lawyer, when I got a inconclusive.
The same polygrapher told the therapist, I had taken the before!
I think he  possibly broke his attorney client privilege. I confronted the Therapist about that. She said I signed some releases, I dont think, I remember one waiving attorney client privilege. Im waiting to hear back from my lawyer, I definitely want another polygrapher next time, if needed. If you PM me ill give you the polygraphers name to anyone interested. Thanks

As far as if he broke A/C privilege, I can't speak to that as I am not an attorney.  I can say that I have been in the same situation as an examiner in the past, and I have never talked with a therapist or a PO about tests done under privilege even if there is a waiver from the therapist or CSCD unless the attorney who paid for the test releases the information as well.  That is just CYA.

As far as the examiner running two charts; two charts minimum is all that is needed to render an opinion in the State of Texas.  Three charts is strongly recommended and prudent.  I will say that sometimes, that third chart won't make all that much a difference if you mathematically overwhelmingly failed in the first two charts.  

The computer algorithms are a nice tool, but sometimes not entirely as accurate as we would like them to be.  It's the handscore that is the deciding factor.  If the computer matched the handscore, bonus.  

Now, if you are with Tarrant County CSCD, ask your PO for the "approved polygraph examiners list."  You have a right (or you once had a right) to choose an examiner from that list.  If they tell you no such list exists, they are lying to you. 

It is also important to point out that JPCOT is not law in Texas, they are as TAPE and the State of Texas points out, "guidelines." The JPCOT Guidelines only have teeth to the people who follow the guidelines.  Having said that, JPCOT regulates the sex offender polygraph industry in the State of Texas.  This is problematic to say the least, because JPCOT has no licensing authority.

Bottom line, if you knew the truth about how all this really runs, you'll wish you had picked prison.

Oh and if you're African American, I would be very concerned about being treated fairly by some examiners in Texas.  But that is a discussion for another time.

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #16 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 11:36pm
Oh, one last thing.  The examiner you used is a good man so far as I know.  I have never heard of anything wrong of unethical come from that direction. 

He is not one of the examiners I have on my "do not trust list."  I have always had the impression that is was a straight shooter.  As far as I know, he is someone who is square in his actions.

That is only my take of him though.  I know you don't like him very much right now; but I will stand up for people I have known to do the right thing in the past just as soon as I will stand against those who are wrong.

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box fupolys
New User

Reply #17 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 3:45am
Thanks, For the Info Joe, and can respect you opinion of the man, Im just trying to educate myself and not be played. You saying his trustworthy makes me feel somewhat better if he tests me again, but at the this point with the A/C. He might not even test me? Idk 

Cheers

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #18 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 6:58pm
It's a difficult system to navigate.  Only one person makes the final decision in regard to navigating it successfully; you.  Having said that, there are some who have a vested interest in setting you up for failure, like anything in this world.  You need to be aware of these kinds of people and combat them properly.

Your biggest enemy you have non compliance with terms and conditions; only you make that decision.  I wish you the best of luck in it.  Having said that, DTA and CYA

And yea, again, the examiner in question is a good guy. I've never heard of one bad thing coming out of his office.

Joe

IP Logged

new to Texas SOTP Polys questions

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X