Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Doug Williams Polygraph Trial Discussion Thread (Read 134914 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann

Re: Doug Williams Polygraph Trial Discussion Thread
Reply #90 - May 15th, 2015 at 4:22pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Joe McCarthy wrote on May 15th, 2015 at 2:21am:
If polygraph weren't here, you guys would just have something else to flip over.This is the human condition.

Joe -  I am a victim of the polygraph although I have survived better than many victims.  I am a retired Federal Agent.  My story is too long to tell here except that I am a double victim, the polygraph helped kill my father in 1986 and took food off of my table in 2012.  I despise the current use of the polygraph by parts of our government that are every bit as evil as anything that existed in Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia.  I am encouraged by a handful of polygraphers like you and Dan Mangan who have the moral courage to admit the shortcomings of the "box" and I am certain use the instrument as a tool and not a panacea of the truth like many of the misguided fools that are coming into your profession.  I blame self-serving moral cowards like the heads of many of our civilian and military agencies (SES and Flag rank) who stand-by as innocent people are ruined while they themselves pretend to expose themselves to the negative side of the polygraph when, in fact, they are immune from any negative consequences.  As to your statement above marked and quoted above,  I disagree.  To me the polygraph holds a place in American history next to the burning of witches in Salem and slavery.  I have seen people who are not only innocent,  but also include war heroes and the most honorable of our society, falsely labeled as traitors and criminals and I think this is the greatest evil in our society right now.  Any polygraph examiner who would allow an innocent person to be falsely labeled and suffer consequences from being falsely labeled is the lowest form of life in the planet.  Ruining innocent people for self-gain, there is nothing worse.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #91 - May 15th, 2015 at 6:06pm
Joe McCarthy wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 10:54pm:
I truly hope this assclown is not an examiner.making light of and even insinuating that one would take pleasure in seeing someone kill themselves, especially someone they don't even know or has done nothing to them, is one sick and sad human being.

Joe: I don't think the question was meant as a joke. Given his former profession, he is a likely candidate as the guest of honor at a shank party.  In fact, my connections at El Reno FCI (where Doug will most likely do his time) have told me Doug's guilty plea made the local tv news. They know who he is and what he was (ex-cop).  In the inmate pecking order, ex-cops are treated the same as child molesters.  They are the highest percentage of inmates killed in prison, for obvious reasons.  I give him a month before he winds up in the infirmary or the morgue.  Either way, I will shed not a tear for him.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Reply #92 - May 15th, 2015 at 7:20pm
quickfix wrote on May 15th, 2015 at 6:06pm:
Joe McCarthy wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 10:54pm:
I truly hope this assclown is not an examiner.making light of and even insinuating that one would take pleasure in seeing someone kill themselves, especially someone they don't even know or has done nothing to them, is one sick and sad human being.

Joe: I don't think the question was meant as a joke. Given his former profession, he is a likely candidate as the guest of honor at a shank party.  In fact, my connections at El Reno FCI (where Doug will most likely do his time) have told me Doug's guilty plea made the local tv news. They know who he is and what he was (ex-cop).  In the inmate pecking order, ex-cops are treated the same as child molesters.  They are the highest percentage of inmates killed in prison, for obvious reasons.  I give him a month before he winds up in the infirmary or the morgue.  Either way, I will shed not a tear for him. 

I'm wondering if anyone, including Quickfix, really believes that an attack on me in prison is a real possibility - or is this just being said to try to scare me.

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #93 - May 15th, 2015 at 7:30pm
Doug,
Quickfix is an inept buffoon; a poor tax payer investment. Pay no attention to what he says. If you are threatened, all you have to do is demand protection; you can sue them if they don't comply.

I can understand the extreme pressure you were under. You need to keep your mind and body strong to endure your upcoming ordeal. I suggest you start working out. You will survive what is to come and you can come back to the fight. The human spirit is very resilient.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #94 - May 15th, 2015 at 7:51pm
inept buffoon who is not going to prison!  As for Dougy, if you are scared, you should be.  Guys like you are what violent inmates use to earn their reputation.  I'd like to hear from you as to why you pleaded guilty;  or are you saving that for your next book, "From Cop to Convict".

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #95 - May 15th, 2015 at 8:00pm
On the evening of 13 May 2015, following Doug Williams' decision to plead guilty, the U.S. Department of Justice issued the following press release:

Quote:
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/owner-polygraphcom-pleads-guilty-training-customer...

Department of Justice

Office of Public Affairs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Owner of ‘Polygraph.Com’ Pleads Guilty to Training Customers to Lie During Federally Administered Polygraph Examinations

A former Oklahoma City law enforcement officer and owner of “Polygraph.com” pleaded guilty today to obstruction of justice and mail fraud for training customers to lie and conceal crimes during polygraph examinations.

Assistant Attorney General Leslie R. Caldwell of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, Acting Assistant Commissioner Anthony Triplett of U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Office of Internal Affairs and Special Agent in Charge James E. Finch of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) Oklahoma City Field Office made the announcement.

“Lying, deception and fraud cannot be allowed to influence the hiring of national security and law enforcement officials, particularly when it might affect the security of our borders,” said Assistant Attorney General Caldwell.  “Today’s conviction sends a message that we pursue those who attempt to corrupt law enforcement wherever and however they may try to do so.”

Douglas Williams, 69, of Norman, Oklahoma, pleaded guilty to a five-count indictment charging him with mail fraud and obstruction.  Williams was indicted on Nov. 14, 2014, in the Western District of Oklahoma.

According to admissions made in connection with his plea, Williams, the owner and operator of “Polygraph.com,” marketed his training services to people appearing for polygraph examinations before federal, state and local law enforcement agencies and federal intelligence agencies, as well as people required to take polygraph examinations under the terms of their parole or probation.

Williams further admitted that he trained an individual posing as a federal law enforcement officer to lie and conceal involvement in criminal activity from an internal agency investigation.  Williams also admitted to having trained a second individual posing as an applicant seeking federal employment to lie and conceal crimes in a pre-employment polygraph examination.  Williams, who was paid for both training sessions, admitted to having instructed the individuals to deny having received his polygraph training.

The investigation is being investigated by U.S. Custom and Border Protection’s Office of Internal Affairs and the FBI’s Oklahoma City Field Office.  The case is being prosecuted by Trial Attorneys Heidi Boutros Gesch and Brian K. Kidd of the Criminal Division’s Public Integrity Section.

15-610                                                                          Criminal Division
                                                                                      Updated May 13, 2015

I was struck by Assistant Attorney General Leslie R. Caldwell's avowal--with no intended irony--that "lying, deception and fraud cannot be allowed to influence the hiring of national security and law enforcement officials" because the federal government does indeed allow lying, deception, and fraud to influence the hiring process of national security and law enforcement officials through its misplaced reliance on polygraphy, a pseudoscientific ritual that, as Dr. Drew Richardson has explained, depends in fundamental ways on lying, deception, and fraud by the polygraph operator. In every polygraph examination, at least one person is lying: the polygraph operator himself!

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #96 - May 15th, 2015 at 8:26pm
Doug,

Regardless of whether Quickfix believes what he has said, he, in his bumbling attempt to ridicule and harass you in a difficult time, may have done you a favor.  

I would make known to the individual responsible for your pre-sentencing report that an individual who has represented himself as a federal polygraph examiner over several years has in the last day stated several times now that he believes you are in imminent danger of assault if and when imprisoned.  I am sure that his identity can be made forthcoming should it be needed.  

He may well, in his tasteless diatribes to you and regarding you, have offered you a way to better circumstances than you might have had absent his comments...

IP Logged

Reply #97 - May 15th, 2015 at 8:56pm
Drew Richardson wrote on May 15th, 2015 at 8:26pm:
I am sure that his identity can be made forthcoming should it be needed. 

I'm pretty certain Quickfix could have some trouble if his identity is revealed.  As a former GS-10,11,12,13, and 14, I am pretty certain his Office of Professional Responsibility or Internal Affairs would not approve of his conduct/demeanor on this site.   Keep talking Quickfix ! 

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #98 - May 15th, 2015 at 9:07pm
I intend to, using the same First Amendment rights you have.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Uncle Jed

Reply #99 - May 15th, 2015 at 9:37pm
Any ideas as to why Doug Williams plead guilty to all counts vs. a plea bargain.

Chad Dixon seemed to have gotten a light sentence for the exact same crimes, but did only 9 months.  Williams is reported to be facing 100 years max, or 20 if each count is served concurrently.   

Williams appeared to have a competent well known Attorney, and the Jury a cross section of the community.  Was Williams denied a particular planned defense ?  Why would a defense Attorney TELL his client to plead guilty  ?

IP Logged

Reply #100 - May 15th, 2015 at 9:58pm
quickfix wrote on May 15th, 2015 at 9:07pm:

You're First Amendment Rights might keep you out of jail, but they won't keep you from getting fired.....  or time on the bricks.   

IP Logged

Reply #101 - May 15th, 2015 at 10:55pm
quickfix wrote on May 15th, 2015 at 9:07pm:

By the way Quickfix, forgot to ask...are those the same First Amendment rights that people have who purchased Doug Williams' books and services ?  Maybe you can organize a book burning  now that Williams has plead guilty.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Uncle Jed

Reply #102 - May 16th, 2015 at 3:30am
Doug,   

Prison is a unique culture.  The ratio of guards to prisoners can range from 20 to 1, to as much as 40 to 1 on any given shift.  It varies from facility to faculty.  I don't think anyone you put behind bars years ago in State prison would necessarily be in Federal prison now.  Those would be the main ones you should / would be concerned about.  Otherwise, you might be put in a segregated wing of other former officials, or cooperating witnesses with the government vs. the hard core Aryan nation or Black Panther types, etc.   

Convictions like yours come into one's life in stages.  First the shock and awe of it via disbelief.  Second, Anger at the system.  Third, Sadness in the change of lifestyle, or lack of a full life.  Fourth, acceptance; and an adjustment to lack of a challenge in life and a regimented daily routine.  You won't have much to brag about compared to others you will meet, and will have to find things to do to occupy your mind to get through the day.  At least you will have visitation for good time served, and conjugal visits (If that still matters at 69).

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #103 - May 16th, 2015 at 12:05pm
Quote:
Maybe you can organize a book burningnow that Williams has plead guilty.

Better yet, I'm writing my own book for the prison-bound.  It will contain useful tips on:

how to kill a man with a lunch tray
how to cut through bars with dental floss
make your own shank and save

But wait, there's more!
Order now and receive my bonus DVD:  How to become a Successful Prison Snitch.

I need a title.  Any  suggestions?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #104 - May 16th, 2015 at 1:05pm
Having worked in a prison for over five years, I don't think Doug will find it to be quite the hellhole that many take delight in describing. Yes, it will be a miserable existence compared to life on the outside, but it wont be Dante's Inferno either.

I fully expect some of the correctional officers -- "screws" in prison parlance -- who aspire to loftier positions in various agencies to take a very keen interest in how Doug can advise them (legally, of course) about the polygraph process.

That goes double for select inmates.

Such tutelage has value, which could turn out to be huge in Doug's case. In a prison setting, even things of seemingly sparse value on the outside are frequently worth something substantial on the inside

Of the hundreds of inmates I interviewed over the five years I worked behind the walls, perhaps the key takeaway message in terms of prison survival is this very simple one: Mind your own business. 

Daniel Mangan, M.A.
Full Member, American Polygraph Association
Certified PCSOT Examiner
www.polygraphman.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Doug Williams Polygraph Trial Discussion Thread

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X