Normal Topic Likely Monitoring of AntiPolygraph.org (Read 8135 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Likely Monitoring of AntiPolygraph.org
Oct 21st, 2013 at 12:40pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I'm sorry to say that there is reason to believe that AntiPolygraph.org may be targeted for monitoring by the U.S. Government:

https://antipolygraph.org/blog/2013/10/20/is-antipolygraph-org-being-targeted-by...

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone with information that would help to confirm or disconfirm such electronic eavesdropping.

In particular, if you are a public employee who was confronted during your polygraph with a record of your Internet activity, I would be grateful if you would tell me more about that. Anonymous tips are welcome.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2013 at 2:46pm by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Re: Likely Monitoring of AntiPolygraph.org
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 1:41pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 12:40pm:
I'm sorry to say that there is reason to believe that AntiPolygraph.org may be targeted for monitoring by the U.S. Government:

https://antipolygraph.org/blog/2013/10/20/is-antipolygraph-org-being-targeted-by...

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone with information that would help to confirm or disconfirm such electronic eavesdropping.

In particular, if you are a public employee who was confronted during your polygraph with a record of your Internet activity, I would be grateful if you would tell me more about that. Anonymous tips are welcome.

This is great news!  Now that the government knows how worthless the polygraph is as a "lie detector", I'm sure they will discontinue its use, fire all the polygraph operators, and apologize to everyone who has been abused by these con men and thugs who have perpetrated this fraud on the American people.   Roll Eyes

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box quickfix
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 7:46pm

George:  "may" be targeting your website?  That reminds me of Claude Rains exclaiming "I'm shocked!  Shocked to find gambling going on here!" to Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca.  What do you call it  when a federal polygrapher (like me) monitors your website?

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2013 at 10:22pm
quickfix wrote on Oct 21st, 2013 at 7:46pm:
[quote author=47656F7267655F4D617363686B65000 link=1382359248/0#0 date=1382359248]What do you call it  when a federal polygrapher (like me) monitors your website?

I don't know what George calls it, but I call it "trolling"!  But I guess it is better to waste tax payer's money by "monitoring" this website than it is to terrorize people with your insidious Orwellian instrument of torture.  So, Quickfix, carry on with your "monitoring"  Angry...

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 5:37am
quickfix,

The kind of monitoring that I'm speaking of isn't federal polygraphers like yourself reading this site. That's a given, and I welcome it.

What I'm referring to is the kind of unconstitutional, suspicionless electronic eavesdropping that Edward Snowden has revealed. I have serious concerns that AntiPolygraph.org is being targeted in an effort to identify visitors with a system such as XKeyscore, and that AntiPolygraph.org's e-mail is also targeted.

Doug,

If policymakers reading this website come to the realization that:

1) Polygraphic lie detection is without scientific basis;

2) It is vulnerable to simple countermeasures that polygraph operators cannot detect;

3) Misplaced reliance on polygraphy annually results in thousands of honest, well-qualified persons being falsely branded as liars and wrongly blacklisted from federal employment; and

4) As a result, all polygraph screening programs should be terminated,

that would be very welcome indeed.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 1:23pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Oct 22nd, 2013 at 5:37am:

Doug,

If policymakers reading this website come to the realization that:

1) Polygraphic lie detection is without scientific basis;

2) It is vulnerable to simple countermeasures that polygraph operators cannot detect;

3) Misplaced reliance on polygraphy annually results in thousands of honest, well-qualified persons being falsely branded as liars and wrongly blacklisted from federal employment; and

4) As a result, all polygraph screening programs should be terminated,

that would be very welcome indeed.

George:  I agree that that would be wonderful.  But the fact is they already know all these things - they have known since at least 1985 when I testified in Congress and got the EPPA passed into law.  But, knowing the polygraph is worthless as a "lie detector", knowing that people were wrongly accused of lying, and knowing that many were abused by polygraph operators asking illegal questions was still not enough to convince government agencies to stop using the polygraph.  In fact, these agencies demanded that they be excluded from this law in order to "protect national security" and to "assure the integrity of law enforcement and the criminal justice system".   The lawmakers caved and allowed the exclusions to be written into the law because that was the only way to be assured that even the watered down version prohibiting the polygraph in the private sector would pass.  Why do government agencies still staunchly defend the use of the polygraph and even harass, intimidate and try to punish me for proving the polygraph is not a "lie detector" by demonstrating that I can teach anyone to easily control the results of the "test"?  Why do they do everything in their power to prevent any information that discredits the "lie detector" from being exposed?  Why do they intimidate applicants and others who are required to submit to polygraph "testing" by monitoring their internet activity and punishing them for educating themselves about the polygraph? Why does the government love to use this "Frankenstein's Monster", (a description given to the polygraph by its inventor Dr. Larson)?  And why do they insist on continuing to use it?

After much thought, I have come to what I consider to be the only logical conclusion that can be drawn as to why government agencies, (federal, state, & local) continue to use the polygraph even though all the scientific evidence proves it is worthless as a "lie detector".  I believe they are using the polygraph as a subterfuge to avoid complying with federal employment regulations!  What else explains the 65% "failure" rate for applicants who have already passed a very thorough background investigation?  These agencies can circumvent federal laws and discriminate against people, ask illegal questions, interrogate/terrorize them for hours, and use the polygraph as an excuse to deny employment to anyone they don't want to hire.  They can be totally subjective in their hiring and firing practices when they use the polygraph, because all they have to do is to say the applicant "failed" a polygraph test.  By simply saying the person has "failed" a polygraph test, government agencies can hire and fire people at will and then just blame it on the "failed" polygraph test.  There is no way anyone can appeal a hiring or firing decision that is based on a "failed" polygraph - and those who are denied employment or terminated have no recourse - they can't bring a lawsuit for discrimination or wrongful termination!  Do I believe the government agencies who utilize the polygraph are this nefarious?  YES!  And it is tantamount to criminal negligence on the part of those charged with oversight of these government agencies to allow them to continue to use this so-called "lie detector testing"!
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2013 at 1:05pm by Doug Williams »  

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 10:21pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Oct 22nd, 2013 at 5:37am:
I have serious concerns that AntiPolygraph.org is being targeted in an effort to identify visitors with a system such as XKeyscore, and that AntiPolygraph.org's e-mail is also targeted.

Maybe you could solicit help from the Russians or Chinese to investigate it. I know the Europeans are fuming over this snooping; I'm sure there would be some IT gurus who could expose their efforts.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #7 - Dec 6th, 2013 at 3:57am

In my case, I hope that the worthless parasites at Langley are monitoring my participation here, which they most likely are, since I no longer have much to lose! Roll Eyes

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sacbee

Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 10:37pm
http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/15/6071665/us-spy-agencys-push-for-secrecy.html

One statement in the article reads: 

"One website, antipolygraph.org, has become so well known for posting leaked federal documents on polygraph programs that U.S. officials sometimes check it for the most up-to-date government information.

They also quote George Maschke.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #9 - Feb 5th, 2014 at 10:53pm
Quote:
http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/15/6071665/us-spy-agencys-push-for-secrecy.html

One statement in the article reads: 

"One website, antipolygraph.org, has become so well known for posting leaked federal documents on polygraph programs that U.S. officials sometimes check it for the most up-to-date government information.

They also quote George Maschke.

I am in awe of the vast amount of information George has accumulated.  He has put his scholarly research skills to good use.   

Congratulations George!  You deserve all the accolades you can get for all your work - all of us who are concerned with stopping the abuse caused by the polygraph industry are indebted to you.  Thanks!

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Likely Monitoring of AntiPolygraph.org

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X