Normal Topic Voice Stress Analysis Touted at Public Corruption Investigation Conference (Read 47112 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Voice Stress Analysis Touted at Public Corruption Investigation Conference
May 9th, 2013 at 11:42am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
The National Association of Computer Voice Stress Analysts has issued a press release advertising a presentation to be made by William Endler, an instructor for the National Institute for Truth Verification (NITV), which markets the Computer Voice Stress Analyzer (CVSA), at a 2-day conference on public integrity investigation methods in Miami.

Endler's talk, which is scheduled for 11:00-11:30 this morning, is titled "Voice Stress Analysis: The Most Effective Truth Verification Solution." Afterwards, NITV will be treating attendees to lunch. The conference agenda is attached to this post. I suppose it's safe to assume that Endler won't be mentioning that NITV has admitted in court that CVSA is not capable of lie detection, or that CVSA's creator, Charles Humble, is a phony Ph.D. who got his "doctorate" at a strip mall diploma mill:

How ironic that a fraudulent lie detector is going to be touted at a conference devoted to public integrity.

Quote:
http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/miami-anti-corruption-conferen/computer-voi...

Miami, FL -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/30/2013 -- On 9 and 10 May 2013, the Miami-Dade Commission on Ethics and Public Trust and the City of Miami Police Department Training Center will jointly present a two-day conference for criminal justice professionals, as well as government and financial organizations on techniques and practices unique to public integrity investigations. Louis Freeh, Former Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will be the keynote speaker for this event, and will be joined by a group of Anti-Corruption experts from various federal, state, local and private organizations across the US. 

Also, scheduled to speak on the first day of the conference is Chief William Endler, a renowned expert on the Computer Voice Stress Analyzer, and one of only three Master CVSA Examiners in the world. Chief Endler will provide the attendees with an overview of the CVSA, and provide insight as to how the technology can be applied to public corruption investigations. Chief Endler, who was selected by the US Government to head up CVSA interrogation and training efforts in Iraq and other global hotspots, has over 30-years’ experience in credibility assessment investigations and techniques. Additionally, he has trained members of the FBI’s elite Hostage Rescue Team, US Special Operations Forces, members of various US Intelligence Agencies, as well as members of many international police agencies on the operation and applications of the CVSA. 

The CVSA has been available to law enforcement agencies in the US since 1988, first as an analog device, and since 1997 in a digital version. The CVSA is the only Voice Stress Analyzer in the world with two US Patents and the only system worldwide incorporating the FACT® scoring system, which uses scientifically validated processes to reliably and precisely evaluate the results of CVSA examinations. The CVSA is now used by close to 2,000 agencies and is the most widely used truth verification system in the US. According to Chief Endler, the CVSA is by far the most reliable and best performing credibility assessment technology available in the world. 

Chief Endler also advised that a newly published research study in the 2012 annual edition of the scientific journal Criminalistics and Court Expertise reports the accuracy rate of the CVSA is greater than 96%, far exceeding the accuracy rates of other credibility assessment technologies. The study, conducted by Professor James Chapman and Neuroscientist Marigo Stathis, found that the CVSA, when used as an investigative tool, can accurately predict whether a person under investigation is being truthful or deceptive. Endler added “The ease of operation, low cost, short training periods and extremely low error rate make the CVSA particularly well suited for public corruption investigations. Additionally, interviews with the CVSA typically result in a much higher confession rate by guilty subjects, since the system is capable of precisely identifying specific issues to be followed up by investigators. And, all of the skills required to become an effective CVSA Examiner are taught in a 5-day certification course. These are just some of the reasons the CVSA has become the credibility assessment tool of choice by professionals worldwide.” 

Chief Endler will be available throughout the conference for consultations related to the CVSA. For further information please contact Carol Graham, Administrator for the NACVSA at admin@nacvsa.org.

Media Relations Contact: 
Carol Graham 
Administrator 
National Association of Computer Voice Stress Analysts
888-358-5025.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2013 at 12:03pm by George W. Maschke »  

program_5-2.pdf ( 118 KB | Downloads )

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sterling A.

Re: Voice Stress Analysis Touted at Public Corruption Investigation Conference
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2019 at 9:23pm
Question for all you followers out there, has anyone ever found the journal that the Chapman Study is alleged to be in?  I can find no past or present issues of the journal, let alone the one the study is supposed to be published in.  I am starting to believe the whole thing is just made up by the staff at NITV.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2019 at 12:08pm
Quote:
Question for all you followers out there, has anyone ever found the journal that the Chapman Study is alleged to be in?  I can find no past or present issues of the journal, let alone the one the study is supposed to be published in.  I am starting to believe the whole thing is just made up by the staff at NITV.

The journal "Criminalistics and Court Expertise" in which NITV alleges the Chapman paper was published does not exist.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2019 at 5:10pm
George, 

I have to agree with you, the study that Professor Chapman was working on, probably existed, but it appears to have been (NOT) published a year or so after his death.   

I was talking with a few folks in law enforcement that use the CVSA, and they indicated this was a marketing effort by NITV to try and add some credibility to their product.  Apparently NITV likes to spin tales and exaggerate on things to make themselves look good.  Case in point.  The same users of CVSA that I was talking to said that NITV did the same thing with the accomplishments of one of their instructors, Bill Endler.  Apparently Endler spent a couple of months in Iraq back in 2004 or 2005, and was able to conduct 4 or 5 exams on some of the captured Iraqis before he had to return home.  Somehow those exams were reflected as 50 on the NITV website.  And according to the same CVSA examiners, Endler has even touted he did a 100 exams.  I guess people will believe just about anything.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Olga from Ukrain

Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2019 at 11:41am
Actually, the study was published in an Ukrainian Journal issued by Kyiv Scientific Research Institute of Court Expertise:

"Ocenka ehffektivnosti tekhnologii VSA (Voice Stress Analysis) na osnove praktiki ugolovnogo sudoproizvodstva v SShA". Kriminalistika i sudebnaya ehkspertiza: Sbornik nauchnyh trudov, 57, 238-250. [in Russian]

Chapman_Stathis.pdf ( 397 KB | 307 Downloads )

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2019 at 7:03pm
Olga from Ukrain, 

You wouldn't happen to be the same Olga that is or was married to James A. Kane, from NITV, would you?   

Olga, just so you know the publication you are talking about is a republication in the Russian language, of the original so-called scientific journal of Criminalistics and Court Expertise publication that does not exist. Apparently someone in the Ukrane saw the fabricated journal article and translated it. There were never any issues of the scientific journal Criminalistics and Court Expertise before or after that carried the Chapman study.  Word has it that NITV came up with the idea to say the study was published, to give themselves and their CVSA some credibility.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2020 at 11:28pm
Did any of you readers out there attend NITV's AEC this year?  I was going to attend, but was stuck in the UK on business. I attended last year but wasn't impressed. Just curious if this year was more of the same.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skunk Deputy

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2020 at 9:07pm
Well, it looks as though NITV may be held accountable for all the pain and suffering they have caused people over the years. Rumor has it the Florida Attorney General has served NITV with notice of action for a multitude of fraud crimes, apparently committed by NITV. Hmm, I wonder how this will effect their ability to do business with the police?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ron McDaniel

NITV Federal Services - FL Attorney General Investigation
Reply #8 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 6:22pm
Regarding the Florida Attorney General Investigation of NITV Federal Services per the last post.  Any sworn law enforcement agency can contact the Florida Attorney General as to learn of the investigation's viability. 

The APA and others in the polygraph community have been sounding the alarm bell on Charles Humble and James Kane's credibility for years, going back to 2006.  One of our esteemed APA members Jim Wygant wrote a great article on the NITV-NACVSA Chapman Study. Jim was a former investigator for the Oregon Attorney General's Office.  One thing he did not know at the time of publication was James Chapman was Director of Education & Training for the NACVSA (Delaware LLC) at the time he did the study. This blows up the claim of a peer reviewed study.  Marigo Stathis, was the co author of the study.

The entire article is in the July/August 2014 issue of the APA Magazine and worth reading.   

What is really interesting is that NITV is using one of the videos from Doug Williams on the www.cvsa1.com website.  It is under the tab " Does the polygraph work"  Doug Williams was arrested by US Customs & Border Protection and later convicted.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Doug Williams
Especially Senior User

Re: NITV Federal Services - FL Attorney General Investigation
Reply #9 - Mar 19th, 2020 at 6:38pm
Quote:
Regarding the Florida Attorney General Investigation of NITV Federal Services per the last post.  Any sworn law enforcement agency can contact the Florida Attorney General as to learn of the investigation's viability. 

The APA and others in the polygraph community have been sounding the alarm bell on Charles Humble and James Kane's credibility for years, going back to 2006.  One of our esteemed APA members Jim Wygant wrote a great article on the NITV-NACVSA Chapman Study. Jim was a former investigator for the Oregon Attorney General's Office.  One thing he did not know at the time of publication was James Chapman was Director of Education & Training for the NACVSA (Delaware LLC) at the time he did the study. This blows up the claim of a peer reviewed study.  Marigo Stathis, was the co author of the study.

The entire article is in the July/August 2014 issue of the APA Magazine and worth reading.   

What is really interesting is that NITV is using one of the videos from Doug Williams on the www.cvsa1.com website.  It is under the tab " Does the polygraph work"  Doug Williams was arrested by US Customs & Border Protection and later convicted.

Yes, and my conviction for teaching a person how to beat a polygraph test is prima facie evidence the polygraph is absolutely worthless as a lie detector. So the question remains, why do we still use the polygraph as a lie detector?

I have been fighting the thugs and charlatans in the polygraph industry for forty years.  I tell about my crusade against the insidious Orwellian polygraph industry in my book FALSE CONFESSIONS - THE TRUE STORY OF DOUG WILLIAMS' CRUSADE AGAINST THE ORWELLIAN POLYGRAPH INDUSTRY.  Please visit my website POLYGRAPH.COM and follow me on TWITTER @DougWilliams_PG

Doug Williams
IP Logged

Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2020 at 4:56pm
So there you have it, any sworn law enforcement agency can contact the Florida Attorney General to learn of the investigation's viability.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #11 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 4:50am
Quote:

See AntiPolygraph.org's newly published investigative report, NITV Falsely Claims Peer-Reviewed Study Shows CVSA Is Highly Accurate.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Michael Myers

Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 10:31am

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Michael Myers

Reply #13 - Sep 14th, 2021 at 4:49pm
Does anyone know if that mumbling knuckle-head Bill Endler is still teaching for NITV? I see he is still listed on their website as an instructor.

IP Logged

Voice Stress Analysis Touted at Public Corruption Investigation Conference

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X