Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) My CIA Polygraph Story (Read 339078 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Re: My CIA Polygraph Story
Reply #45 - Nov 8th, 2016 at 4:54am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
This was the video we watched while in the waiting lobby on the 2nd floor of the applicant processing unit at Dulles Discovery.  The showed the video on the the numerous TV screens in the lobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4blyf5lTK6s

I did not pay much attention to it because I was bored and falling asleep, but I did catch a few glimpses and recognized it from the internet.

I love all of the people who obviously passed their polygraphs telling how great it is.  I'll bet the women acquitted of witchcraft charges at Salem also praised that system as well.  How stupid are people who believe in this polygraph nonsense.  I hope that everyone who praises the polygraph gets to experience its dark side some day.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #46 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 6:48pm
Quote:
Some other information: If you want to "spot the spook" at a U.S. Embassy, by that I mean know who the undercover CIA officer is, here are some ways to tell:

From a book which I recently read on the KGB, other methods used to sniff out the CIA scum hiding in embassies include:

Higher compensation than the Foreign Service personnel

More frequent changes of duty station than is normally the case in the Foreign Service 

Also it is interesting to note that DOS restricted the distribution of its roster of diplomatic staff abroad, in order to prevent any "analysis" of the directory for the purpose of ferreting out the identities of non-State personnel masquerading as "Foreign Service". Smiley

Smiley

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Name

Reply #47 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 3:14pm

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #48 - Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:18pm
Wandersmann wrote on Nov 8th, 2016 at 4:54am:
Quote:
This was the video we watched while in the waiting lobby on the 2nd floor of the applicant processing unit at Dulles Discovery.  The showed the video on the the numerous TV screens in the lobby.

I did not pay much attention to it because I was bored and falling asleep, but I did catch a few glimpses and recognized it from the internet.

I love all of the people who obviously passed their polygraphs telling how great it is.  I'll bet the women acquitted of witchcraft charges at Salem also praised that system as well.  How stupid are people who believe in this polygraph nonsense.  I hope that everyone who praises the polygraph gets to experience its dark side some day.

Generally, those suspected of witchcraft were deemed innocent, if they drowned. 
The polygraph hasn't proven much of an improvement over the lie detection techniques of 1692!  LOL!  Cheesy

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #49 - Feb 5th, 2017 at 7:42pm
Quote:

Equally offensive to me are those who "use", in the most negative sense of the word,  this forum (generally concealed as anonymous "guests") for advice on how to successfully navigate the IC application process.   Angry

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #50 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 5:52pm
Here is an update on the CIA Hiring Process.  Pretty much everything said in this entire thread is still accurate.

The interviews and 3-day processing, which include the medical, psychological, and polygraph still take place at the Dulles Discovery Building at 13800 Air and Space Museum Parkway, Chantilly VA 20171. The phone number for the Applicant Operations Center (AOC), which is also the Recruitment Center, has changed.  The number is 1-866-236-1730, ext. 181970.  Fax number is 866-668-7518.  The AOC/Recruitment Center is on the 2nd floor of the Dulles Discovery 1 (DD1) building.   

Before you get an interview, you will take a couple of online IQ and personality assessments on PerformanceFit.com, the CAM and Hogan assessments, which includes the Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI) test.  The CIA is giving applicants more security protocols when traveling.  They are strictly saying not to acknowledge that DD1 is a government facility, even though everyone already knows it, not to mention that you are interviewing with the U.S. government, only use your first name when taking a taxi to DD1, pay with cash not credit card, use the hotel phone to call the taxi and not your cell phone so your cell phone isn't linked to a taxi trip to this CIA building, and other paranoia.

At the info session before your interview, you sign a form saying that there is a 5-week "Welcome to CIA - Practice of Intelligence" orientation when you get hired that takes place at headquarters, and depending on your job another follow-up course outside of the DC area, which is probably The Farm in Williamsburg, VA.   The info session is pretty standard stuff, you have two briefings.  The first briefing goes over the mission and organizational structure of the CIA, which can mostly be found on the CIA website.  The second briefing goes through the security process.  Some takeaways from the info session are:
- You must be "responsible" with your use of alcohol.  Yeah...um...
- no drug use within one year of your application date, not even marijuana
- finances are the biggest reason for espionage, so the CIA will check your finances thoroughly
- They said the polygraph compensates for your nervousness and they WANT you to pass. They said it is best to confess whatever is on your chest during the poly.  Right, so they can get those confessions!  I wanted to yell "bullshit" when I heard this. 
- Do not take any medications to relax before the poly, do not be hungover.
- Foreign influences and contacts must be reported.  All of them.  This includes ALL of your Facebook foreign contacts, even if you haven't met them.
- NO ILLEGAL DOWNLOADING OF MUSIC, SHOWS, MOVIES.  The CIA constantly stressed this, but the only way they will know is if you tell them during your SF-86 pre-poly security interview, or on the poly.  They will not audit your computer and IP address, so keep your mouth shut!  You can theoretically download all the music you want, just don't tell them about it. 
- Avoid living with non-US citizens when you get hired.
- The CIA uses the 2008 version of the SF-86 because the form is shorter than the 2010 version.
- If you see a shrink, the CIA says they will not request to see your whole file as that is protected by HIPAA.  They will just ask your shrink of your ability to protect classified information. 
- The CIA claims they will hire you if you are a dual-citizen, but I'm sure it depends on which country.  Your #1 loyalty must be to the U.S.
- Your foreign national spouse will have to be naturalized if you get hired, but you can get hired before she/he is naturalized.  Again, I'm sure this depends on the country your spouse is from.
- If you publish something while working at CIA, it must be reviewed first.  I hear this review can take years, but the CIA didn't say that.  Your resume also must be reviewed before you leave CIA.

I have a feeling the CIA lied a bit.  If you see a shrink, they probably will find a way to get your file and declare you "unsuitable". Judging from what I have read on other forums, such as this one, a foreign spouse will stall your hiring process.

Some automatic disqualifiers are:
- dishonorable discharge from military
- felony conviction
- illegal downloading of music presently and in future
- pending criminal charges
- drug use in last 12 years
- a recent conviction of any crime.  I am not sure what "recent" means, maybe in the last year?
- strong connections to countries like Russia, China, Iran, Syria

The whole process can take 2 years.  The general process goes like this, with 1-2 month wait between each step: Online application, online testing, info session and interview, COE, SF-86 review, phone interview to go over your SF-86, Poly/Psych/Med 3-day appointments at the AOC, NAC and Credit Check, Background Check, Adjudication, EOD.  Notice the last few steps only happen if you pass the poly, which most people don't.  If you are recruited by the Directorate of Operations National Clandestine Services, you will have to fill out another packet asking for the same information that you put in your online application.  You will also attend some pre-hiring events where you do role playing to simulate how you handle various situations, a critical skill for HUMINT collection that you will be doing in NCS.  This is before you get your COE.

For the polygraph, things haven't changed.  They still use the relevant/irrelevant test, and try to fool you in the beginning into thinking that they can read your lies like a book.  Mental countermeasures work best.  Breathing countermeasures can be screwed up and caught because of the pneumatic tubes around your chest.  Think exciting thoughts during different sets of relevant questions that will make your body jump and you will pass.  That is how my friend passed it and she is a part-time backpage.com prostitute to make money, now she works at the CIA!   

That's all I got.  Others feel free to chime in.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #51 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 2:59pm
George/Admin,

Can you permanently delete the above post l, and this one as well? I just got a scary visit from the FBI for posting this...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Reply #52 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:47pm
Quote:
George/Admin,

Can you permanently delete the above post l, and this one as well? I just got a scary visit from the FBI for posting this...

We have no way of verifying that you are the author of the preceding post, and very much doubt that you are. It seems unlikely that the post's author would have received a visit from the FBI because 1) it is not illegal to discuss the CIA hiring process and 2) the author posted through the Tor anonymous network. We note that you did not use Tor.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #53 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 9:07am
Quote:

Fascinating account!

The CIA actually has an Office of EEO?

Well, Bolivia has a Navy.    Grin

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #54 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 9:16am
I'll bet the women acquitted of witchcraft charges at Salem

Were any of the accused women at Salem actually ever acquitted?   Probably about as many as there have been CIA applicants who have successfully appealed an adverse employment decision?     Cheesy Grin

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #55 - Mar 24th, 2017 at 9:23am
Quote:
If you see a shrink

In any case, you will see an Agency shrink as part of the application process, as well as suffer the MMPI and/or similar other psychometric test instrument.

It takes 2 years now to complete the Agency application process?   WHO in their right mind would put up with all of this crap?

Also, as I've mentioned various times in my posts, the BI is equally as problematic as is the polygraph during the application ordeal.   Roll Eyes

YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #56 - Mar 28th, 2017 at 4:07am
Administrator wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:47pm:
Quote:
George/Admin,

We have no way of verifying that you are the author of the preceding post, and very much doubt that you are. It seems unlikely that the post's author would have received a visit from the FBI because 1) it is not illegal to discuss the CIA hiring process and 2) the author posted through the Tor anonymous network. We note that you did not use Tor.

I can't help but wonder if this "request" was not in fact a "plant" by someone in the Office of Security or Office of Personnel?
Although the information provided about the Agency application process was certainly unclassified, it nonetheless contains a level of detail about its methods that the Agency doesn't like to see disclosed or discussed publicly.   Roll Eyes

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box supercool

Reply #57 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:39pm
Quote:
George/Admin,

HA! now that is interesting.  Grin
Looks like someone, and I won't even surmise their affiliation, really, really does not want the information in that 5:52 post to be public.
I'm not even particularly counter-cultural, or anti-gov, or even wildly antipolygraph. But This is why I like this site. freedom of the press. we still live in a democracy, much as the 3 letter agencies would prefer that we didn't.

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #58 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:45am
Quote:
HA! now that is interesting.  Grin
Looks like someone, and I won't even surmise their affiliation, really, really does not want the information in that 5:52 post to be public.

No, it's not the kind of material that the Office of Security in Langley wants to see publicized, at least not to that great a level of detail!

There are many lurkers from Langley on this site, usually masquerading as "guests".  That is probably the case of this individual who is using deception in an attempt to get the post removed.  Fortunately, his "spook" tactics didn't work.

Another Langley "guest" not long ago called for me to be banned from AP.  Imagine a guest telling a forum Moderator what to do.  Unfortunately for him, the Office of Security has no say over what appears on this site.  We should be happy that what gets discussed on AP is getting the folks in Langley so worried.  That means that we at AP are accomplishing one of our missions! Roll Eyes Cool

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Snowden2

Reply #59 - May 10th, 2017 at 2:45pm
Fact straight from the horse's mouth (more like the horse's ass): If you fail the CIA polygraph, either through disqualifying admissions or some other crap, you are blacklisted from ever gaining CIA employment for the rest of your life. Unless you can change your name and SSN. If you reapply, the Office of Security gets their dirty fingers in the mix early in the process, and if you are selected for recruitment, they run your SSN for a preliminary check before your COE. When your polygraph history shows up, you are instantly rejected.  This info is straight from CIA. Don't believe that stuff about reapplying in one year, you can, but you have no chance of getting in.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
My CIA Polygraph Story

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X