Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) After failing the polygraph before, I learned how to beat it. (Read 136579 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antipolygraphrso
New User

Re: After failing the polygraph before, I learned how to beat it.
Reply #30 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 8:30pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
Maybe you should just stay the crappity smack away from minors, freak!

Please tell me that they were at least girls!

I should e-slap you for being a worthless breeder, since were bringing up gender. What difference does that make?

What are you? Like 15?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bill_Brown
Very Senior User

Reply #31 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 4:37pm
stefano, 

We have progressed well with the experiment,  I will say examinees involved with this experiment have listened attentively. They have demonstrated an ability to create significant responses on polygraph charts with mental thoughts.   

The responses are not distinguishable from normal responses observed during a polygraph examination.  I am speaking of "normal responses" in regards to increased blood pressure skin resistance and breathing tracings.   

We are seeing a difference in onset of responses and magnitude of responses.  This should be studied and possibly investigated with a larger population and under a more controlled study.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 3:57am
Bill_Brown wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 4:37pm:
We are seeing a difference in onset of responses and magnitude of responses.

Interesting. Countermeasures made haphazardly by the uninformed can surely present as chart anomalies. But if the person employing them is somewhat intelligent and has practice many hours, the chances of detection are nil. It would be nice if you could .PDF a report with the tracings for us to see. However, that may surely bring down the wrath of your peers. You have a good attitude sir.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #33 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 11:24am
Oh my, undetectable countermeasures!  Nil chance of detection! Whatever will we do now?  Woe is me.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #34 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 4:58pm
Quote:
Bill_Brown wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 4:37pm:
We are seeing a difference in onset of responses and magnitude of responses.

Interesting. Countermeasures made haphazardly by the uninformed can surely present as chart anomalies. But if the person employing them is somewhat intelligent and has practice many hours, the chances of detection are nil. It would be nice if you could .PDF a report with the tracings for us to see. However, that may surely bring down the wrath of your peers. You have a good attitude sir.

I did not post on this site to inform anyone how to use "countermeasures".   The experiment was done in order to make an informed statement on the differences "I" saw in tracings when mental countermeasures were used.  My informed statement was onset time and magnitude.  

I don't believe persons on this site will have access to the instrumentation required to effectively practice using these techniques.  

I will continue researching this interesting subject.  I am sure there are other resources available to assist me in further research.   

Your statement regarding informed subjects and many hours of practice should be studied in a scientific study, and then conclusions made.  I have not had that opportunity.  

The Honts/Raskin/Kircher study from 1994 did address use of countermeasures and their conclusion suggested the use of countermeasures caused subjects to produce deceptive charts.  Have you reviewed the study, if so what are your conclusions based on their work?
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2011 at 9:30pm by Bill_Brown »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #35 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 9:55pm
pailryder wrote on Apr 29th, 2011 at 11:24am:
Oh my, undetectable countermeasures!  Nil chance of detection! Whatever will we do now?  Woe is me.

Are you suggesting that there is no level of intelligence, training, or proficiency attained through practice that would allow a person to use countermeasures and not be detected?

That seems a bit unlikely to me.  The OP was not suggesting that all countermeasures have no chance of detection, only that countermeasures used intelligently and after hours of practice do.

I think it is far more logical that polygraph operators, by definition, have no idea who is successfully using countermeasures.  I think it is far more likely that polygraph operators are aware that skillful use of countermeasures are virtually undetectable but, for obvious reasons, they continue to deny that fact.
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2011 at 1:17am by Sergeant1107 »  

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #36 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 10:54pm
Bill_Brown wrote on Apr 29th, 2011 at 4:58pm:
The Honts/Raskin/Kircher study from 1994 did address use of countermeasures and their conclusion suggested the use of countermeasures caused subjects to produce deceptive charts.Have you reviewed the study, if so what are your conclusions based on their work? 

Yes I am quite familiar with all of these studies. They used college students and the testing was in a lab environment. If Dr. Honts could prove that countermeasures are detectable, he could make a lot more money than the university of Utah pays him. Again, if you believe countermeasures are detectable, take the countermeasure challenge.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pixkbi
User

Reply #37 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 12:21am
You cant be too well informed, Honts hasn't been at the University of Utah for over a decade

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #38 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 12:36am
pixkbi wrote on Apr 30th, 2011 at 12:21am:
You cant be too well informed, Honts hasn't been at the University of Utah for over a decade 

I'm well informed, just getting old. I should have said Boise State, thanks for keeping me in line. This seems to be a strategy with polygraphists in this forum. They will pick out one discrepancy in someone's post with the attempt to discredit it in its entirety. I make many mistakes, but it doesn't change the objective facts at hand. Perhaps you have some meaningful contribution to the discussion?

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #39 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 1:07am
I think we really went off the original topic.   

My original wording on detection of countermeasures. 

"An individual that has scientific knowledge of polygraph may be able to defeat polygraph, there are no scientific studies that support or defeat your supposition.  Possibly you would be willing to engage such a study?"   

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #40 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 11:35am
stefano

Again you miss, or choose to ignore, the point.  Honts study did not prove that cm's are detectable, but that use of cm's may produce deceptive charts.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #41 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 11:44am
Sergeant1107

Of course I agree that proper training can increase a persons chances of influencing the results.  I have no direct knowledge but, with the growing international use of polygraph, I assume our government provides that type of instruction to our agents that need it.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #42 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 12:04pm
Bill_Brown

How would a study such as you suggested be structured?

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #43 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 12:49pm
stefano

Love that new avatar!  Not bad for an old guy.  Haven't seen one that grandiose since Lethe and EosJupiter were retired.

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #44 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 5:48pm
pailryder wrote on Apr 30th, 2011 at 11:35am:
Again you miss, or choose to ignore, the point.Honts study did not prove that cm's are detectable, but that use of cm's may produce deceptive charts. 

The study that you refer to involved 80 college students who were instructed to apply both physical and mental countermeasures when the control questions were asked. This usually amounted to tongue biting and counting backwards from 100. They found that the physical and mental countermeasures were equally effective with 50% of the participants able to erroneously pass the polygraph. This in itself shows the difficulty an examiner faces when dealing with potential countermeasures. These were college students probably getting 10 bucks a piece to participate and most certainly didn't practice hours beforehand. How much more effective would the countermeasures have been if Dr. Honts had allowed me to personally train the students weeks in advance?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
After failing the polygraph before, I learned how to beat it.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X