Normal Topic AntiPolygraph.org Celebrates Ten Years Online (Read 2961 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

AntiPolygraph.org Celebrates Ten Years Online
Sep 18th, 2010 at 10:39am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Saturday, 18 September 2010 marks the 10th anniversary of AntiPolygraph.org's establishment. Five year ago, on our fifth anniversary, I reviewed the site's origins and accomplishments, and future plans.

Since then, AntiPolygraph.org has remained the leading source for polygraph information on the Internet. We estimate that our key publication, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, has now been downloaded well over 500,000 times.

Today our message board has 4,793 registered users and 34,733 posts within 4,692 message threads. We remain proud to provide the Internet's most open forum for discussion of polygraph issues. We also now have a blog for commentary on newsworthy stories. And we continue to respond to frequent inquiries received by e-mail and telephone.

As for polygraph reform, much work remains to be done. Polygraphy is, if anything, more firmly entrenched today than it was 10 years ago. In particular, it seems to me that the attacks of 9/11 gave polygraphy a new lease on life, making it easier for federal agencies that rely on polygraphy to completely disregard the damning conclusions of the National Academy of Sciences, which in 2002 warned that "[polygraph testing's] accuracy in distinguishing actual or potential security violators from innocent test takers is insufficient to justify reliance on its use in employee security screening in federal agencies."

I encourage all to join us in working to end the madness.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

AntiPolygraph.org Celebrates Ten Years Online

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X