Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jury Returns $575,000 Award Against NITV for Defamation (Read 21312 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Jury Returns $575,000 Award Against NITV for Defamation
Reply #15 - Jul 8th, 2021 at 10:04am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Anthony R,

My example of an agreed upon amount being placed into an escrow account would not be for the purpose of paying the mediator's fees, but rather of ensuring performance on the judgment debt. Note also that mediation is not the same as binding arbitration.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anthony R

Reply #16 - Jul 9th, 2021 at 5:34pm
I still maintain that Charlie and his band of pseudo-scientists are playing Gary and his lawyers like weakling fools.  Let me expand.  When Charlie got his "victory" over no-show Dektor, he immediately demanded that no more derogatory information be spread about NITV or Charlie himself.  Dang, he even threatened the IT consultant of Dektor and Anti-Polygraph.   
Also, when Crowe's parents threated to take NITV to court, Charlie settled in a heart beat.  He knew the Crowe family wasn't playing.
I can only imagine the nick names that the Doc Humble liar crew are calling Gary.  One that comes to mind is "Not so scary Gary the fairy."
Granted, I don't have the whole story of this long running litigation, but maybe there is a code of dishonor among faux Ph.Ds.

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 7:30pm
Upon further reflection, and some on-line research, I now believe the mediation is to agree on a financial settlement.  Reportedly, Gary only makes between $25,000 to $35,000 a year and it true, wants some money in his pocket as soon as possible.   
Now, Charlie could be very rich, or he could be very poor and leading a fake rich lifestyle.  The revenues at NITV have reported been flat for several years at approximately 1.5 million a year so the company could just be treading water.  Also, Charlie is reportedly on his fourth wife and ex-wives can be expensive or so I have been told.  Let alone, Charlie's toys are a major expense as well as frequent lawsuits.  Charlie appears to be a big spender with no financial discipline.   
Basically, I believe the only thing Charlie and Gary can agree on is how much they hate AP since AP is blowing gaping holes into the make believe science of voice stress analysis.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #18 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 7:40pm
Anthony,

The mediation session held on 20 July ended in impasse.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Reply #19 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 12:05am
Not a surprise that the mediation session ended in an impasse.  It appears that Charlie is continuing his strategy of stone walling.  With all of Charlie's LLCs - trying to actually recover the judgement will be like a legal version of whack a mole for Gary's attorneys.  Charlie probably hid some money in his minor son's accounts, maybe some in his wife's so-called real estate company, some in some of his LLC's, who's to say?
s

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Jul 23rd, 2021 at 12:30am
Also, when I step back from all the Charlie and Gary drama, I cannot stop thinking how this ongoing legal action would make one heck of a news story.
We got to principals, without principles, preaching the fake gospel of truth and therefore integrity.  But wait, both these actors have fake Ph.D's to dishonestly boast their reputations.  Both Gary and Charlie have even posted on Anti-Polygraph by referring to themselves as doctorate level individuals.  Gary evidently emailed this site personally, whereas Charlie had his lawyer sent a letter to AP and said letter referred to Charlie as Dr. Humble two times.
When Charlie "won" his case against no show pro se Dektor, he immediately gave a short deadline of, if I remember right,  four days for the opposing IT consultant to cough up the software.  Even AP was given a short deadline to "comply."  Although it has been over two years since that infamous cease and desist letter, I am still scratching my head wondering why a presumed competent attorney would send such a dumb ass letter.  Maybe a quick and dirty immediate payoff of a few hundred dollars?   
The Brian Ross Charles Humble interview on YouTube would be a good starting point for a reporter, throw in the Charlie/Gary legal drama, maybe interview some of the bureaucrats that contracted with either Charlie and Gary on why they did not do due diligence on VSA's or at least do some cursory research on Google to see how VSAs and polygraphs are pseudoscience nonsense before wasting thousands of taxpayer dollars and then maybe interview some of us that have been wronged by this pseudoscience.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #21 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 4:17pm
Marc Freeman writes about the ongoing civil litigation between Gary Baker and Charles Humble in an article titled, "Who’s telling the truth? Battle over lie-detecting is stranger than fiction," published in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Excerpt:

Quote:

Endless litigation

The feuding began in 2003, when Humble’s original company, NITV, LLC, sued Baker in federal court for false advertising and unfair competition. The following year, NITV sued Baker for a second time, but by early 2005 the parties had agreed to a settlement.

The peace was temporary. That same year Baker sued NITV for defamation, this time in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. He accused NITV of sending out “Scam Alert” notices to police departments around the country warning about Baker’s product.

A jury sided with Baker, and in 2011, a state appeals court agreed Baker was entitled to a $250,000 award for damage to his reputation. The trial judge later approved that judgment plus interest.

But Baker says he still hasn’t seen any money. Scott W. Zappolo, attorney for Baker, said he is now asking a new judge to order Humble’s company to pay out over $400,000, including the interest amount.

Humble’s attorney, William A. Fleck, could not be reached for comment despite attempts by email and calls to his office.

But Humble explained that his original NITV company lost too much business over false attacks by Baker and his partner, making it unable to pay the judgment.

“They killed the cow they are going after,” Humble said, blaming the defamation on a former employee.

On top of that dispute, in 2015 Humble sued Baker and a partner, accusing them of doing illegal international business in Central America and other places. Baker denies the allegations.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Reply #22 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 7:16pm
Thanks for the update.  I read as much of the article by Marc Freeman as I could before getting popped out since it is a pay for view piece.  I could only briefly read parts of the article so please forgive me if I am missing some points.
That said, Mr. Freeman would be well served to study AP for an incredible amount of information on the on-going rumble between Baker and Humble.  Also, the Brian Ross ABC interview of "Dr," Humble, especially the longer version should be viewed by Mr. Freeman.
Here are a few points that need to be further examined:
*  If NITV/Humble cannot pay the judgement against them, they probably need to declare bankruptcy.  Gary's lawyers really need to start leaning on Charlie & Co.  Charlie bragged to Brian Ross that NITV "has had a remarkable level of success."  Really Charlie, don't blame your foe faux doc for your failure to pay a settlement.
*  Charlie and Gary need to show their research on VSAs "work" and furnish some empirical data, not a phony baloney Ukraine published article.  Charlie's attempt to explain his "science" to Brian Ross appeared to have backfired.
*  Just because polygraphs are bogus does not mean VSAs are legit.  The research I have found shows they are both 50/50.  The CVSA given to me was, however, 100% inaccurate.
*   Finally, like the purpose of AP, all forms of polygraphs, VSAs and even e-meters need to be gone now.  A bogus CVSA dented my career, but we have former Afghanistan allies that may be murdered by the Taliban because of various charlatans more interested in making money than the welfare of their fellow humans.
I hope Marc Freeman does a series of articles about the fallacy of so-called lie detection.   

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #23 - Jul 27th, 2021 at 6:07pm
A reader kindly sent a PDF version of Marc Freeman's South Florida Sun-Sentinel article, "Which Company Is Telling the Truth: Battle in Lie-Detecting Industry Is Getting Stranger than Fiction," which I have attached to this post.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Reply #24 - Jul 28th, 2021 at 5:41pm
Thank you and your kind reader for the PDF.  Well, it looks like the war between the foe faux docs will be on-going.  Good.   
Charlie is really a piece of work claiming that Gary is too aggressive and greedy, especially after Charlie threatened to destroy the livelihood of Matt Vanderhoff, an IT consultant that wrote some software for Dektor, as well as threatened "sanctions" against AP.  Karma does exist at least in Charlie's case.  Really, Charlie could lose everything, and I would not be surprised to even see his 4th wife (whom appears young enough to be his grand daughter) jump ship.  I have zero mercy for someone that Charlie that has destroyed probably thousands or lives and has dented, or prevented so many criminal justice careers.
I'm thinking that Charlie may realize the gig is up, and he is going down, and wants to take Gary down to Hell with him by continuing to run up litigation expenses.
This comment should probably be in another heading, but one thing I find interesting is that in the VSA side of so-called lie detection, it is the manufacturers that attack each other (CVSA, DVSA, Dektor).  But on the polygraph side, it is the operators that attack each other, for example, the Dr. Phil polygraphists.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Update on Baker v. NITV
Reply #25 - Jul 30th, 2021 at 9:28am
A 30-page Pretrial Stipulation filed on 27 July 2021 lays out the issues that are to be argued and decided at trial in this case. This document is attached to this post.

The key point that appears to be at issue is whether NITV, LLC., against which the judgment in this case was originally issued, fraudulently transferred assets to avoid paying the judgment debt, and whether Charles Humble, his wife, Lourdes Irimia, and NITV Federal Services are liable for that.

A "Hearing on Defendants' Objections to Request for Production" is set for Tuesday, 3 August 20201 at 8:30 AM before Judge Ashley Zuckerman. 

The hearing is to be held via Zoom, a videoconferencing service:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/94110438096?pwd=TjVsQ3ROYWZQcklZbjV3RkdRTUd5Zz09

Meeting ID: 94110438096
Password: 208540

+1 8778535257 US Toll-Free
+1 8884754499 US Toll-Free
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2021 at 10:16am by George W. Maschke »  

502005CA001771XXXXMB_343.pdf ( 917 KB | 159 Downloads )

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Reply #26 - Jul 30th, 2021 at 5:38pm
Again, thanks for the excellent job you do keeping this information about this on-going litigation supplied on a timely basis.  Most everyone I have read on this thread figured out that Charlie & Co. would be engaging in hiding assets and if opposing counsel keeps digging, I betcha they will find two sets of books aside from the multiple LLCs.  Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if criminal charges eventually arise and maybe even a RICO action.
Charlie really screwed himself by flaunting a "highly successful renaissance man lifestyle" while having at least one helicopter, collector guitars, expensive photography equipment, etc.  But now he is claiming to be broke.
I've seen so many Charlie like characters in my life generally, and specifically in my criminal justice career.  Basically, Charlie is a one trick pony.  He can bullshit, and I will give credit where credit is due,  exceptionally well.  However, he apparently cannot reason abstractly, a faith that eventually befalls most bullshit artists.  Which means the gig will end eventually.
The number one danger to criminals for instance, is other criminals.  AP has done an exceptionally job exposing the lie industry charlatans, but the lie industry derail each other better than us people whom seek honesty in the CJ system could ever do.  I believe that the fake Ukraine study NITV promotes was debunked by APA, and Gary appears to be putting a major ass whuppin' on Charlie & Co.   Even if Charlie wins, he will still be out of a heap of money from having to pay his attorneys.  Mr. Fleck appears to be good at hiding, but he will reappear when his payday arrives.
Back when I was a newly minted PO, I got very upset on a case I prepared went south at trial.  A more experienced PO told me that not to worry, that the "street" will take care of that criminal.  Interesting that we see another charlatan taking out Charlie.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #27 - Aug 3rd, 2021 at 1:21pm
Today's hearing did not go well for NITV/NITV Federal Services. The judge overruled most of NITV Federal Services' objections, and as a result, it will be required to turn over:
  • Its "accounting/QuickBooks data files" for the years 2005-2018
  • A client list with customers numbered 1-2703
  • A "QuickBooks Sales By Customer Summary"

These records formed the basis for a declaration by Certified Public Accountant Kevin Foytek submitted by NITV Federal Services in its federal litigation against Dektor Corp. and Arthur Herring III.

The contents of these files are not likely to become public, however, as counsel for E. Gary Baker agreed to an "attorneys eyes only" protective order.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Reply #28 - Aug 3rd, 2021 at 4:17pm
I'm getting a little off topic, but I find the psychological makeup of Charlie pretty interesting and how this psychological makeup is leading to Charlie's apparent downfall.
First off, let's examine his need to humiliate the Dektor, a minor player in the bogus VSA game that was so small time that the proprietor had to go pro se.  As I mentioned before, Charlie "won" the lawsuit but this "victory" resulted in what appears to be a permanent, and seemingly accurate mirrored website that points out such factors as his fake doctorate, fake "scientific" study and all sorts of embarrassing tidbits.  Also, threatening the web consultant was way overboard. This legal victory probably resulted in Charlie spending way more in legal fees than any business he may have lost to Dektor.
Now, let us look at the ongoing litigation between Gary and Charlie.  From what information I could find online, Gary was also a small time player in the VSA charade.  The sources I found said Gary made between $25,000 to maybe $40,000 a year, and some years Gary didn't even bother to file a tax return.  Strictly small potatoes.   
The point I am trying to make is if Charlie would have swallowed his immense ego, and settled with Gary several years ago, he could have saved himself from his probable business ruin.  I bet Charlie could have settled with Gary for around the $25,000 mark, which is a chunk of change for someone used to making that kind of money per annum. 
But, Charlie can never admit to being wrong and I believe he clearly thinks he has the kind of IQ that a doctorate holder possesses.  Now, Charlie's CVSA clearly failed in the Michael Crowe case to be point he had to settle with the Crowe family.  Even though his LLC said in court that the CVSA cannot determine truth, Charlie still doubled down on his BS.  Also, although the CVSA was wrong on the case of the probation officer that was falsely accused in court, Charlie still said his machine was right and the PO was lying.
I think, like most BS artists, that Charlie thought he could BS, anyone, which backfired during that infamous Brian Ross interview.  Charlie tried to wow Mr. Ross by flying into work in a helicopter and having a Ph.D. prominently displayed on his office wall.  Don't need to rehash hear, but Charlie came across as a two bit conman. 
Charlie's lack of intellectual horsepower to go further than the Associate's degree level is clearly embarrassing to him, to the point he had to get a strip mall doctorate.   
Charlie's façade is crumbling and he is in full blown panic mode.  Charlie does not like anyone chipping away at his façade as also evidenced by the threat letter to AP in 2019.
Now, what gives me the right to make a psychological assessment on Charlie?  I would answer that my years of interviewing probationers and parolees and submitting written reports to the courts and court room testimony under oath.
What give's Charlie the right to claim to hold a Ph.D.?  Not a damn thing. 

IP Logged

Reply #29 - Aug 10th, 2021 at 4:10pm
Couple of questions:  Will this case be going to trial after Gary's lawyers look over the records, the QuickBooks sales and data records and client list are examined?  Also, is the CPA, Kevin Foytek, originally retained by NITV?  If so, has, or will Foytek be disposed by Gary's lawyers?

After further reading the attachments, I have learned that many of Charlie's employees, specifically the instructors, are independent contractors.  Many businesses use independent contractors as regular employees to avoid withholding taxes and social security payments, which is a real no-no and can land one in hot water with the IRS.  Which brings up another question, did Charlie use PPP funds for these independent contractors?
Gary's lawyers appear to be walking a thin line.  They probably have enough on Charlie to force him out of business or at least into bankruptcy, but that would put Gary, near the back of the line for any funds after liquidation of NITV.  Also, are Gary's lawyers mandated reporters for any illegal acts they will find on NITV?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Jury Returns $575,000 Award Against NITV for Defamation

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X