Normal Topic Allowed Polygraph ?'s (Read 4031 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyskeptic
New User

Allowed Polygraph ?'s
Oct 9th, 2008 at 9:42pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
So eventually I have to take a polygraph test.  I have taken 3 so far but am not sure what the proctor of the test is really allowed to ask.  I only ask this because I am on probation and I turn 21 soon.  I would like to consume alcohol even though it is not allowed due to probation requirements.  I wasn't convicted of anything pertaining to alcohol but something else.  I plead guilty to two class 5 felonies of sexual misconduct.  NO sex offender terms just standard probation for six years and have to go to sex therapy classes once a week.  When the maintenance poly comes up will they be allowed to ask if I have consumed alcohol while on probation?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Re: Allowed Polygraph ?'s
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 11:41pm
polyskeptic wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 at 9:42pm:
So eventually I have to take a polygraph test.  I have taken 3 so far but am not sure what the proctor of the test is really allowed to ask.  I only ask this because I am on probation and I turn 21 soon.  I would like to consume alcohol even though it is not allowed due to probation requirements.  I wasn't convicted of anything pertaining to alcohol but something else.  I plead guilty to two class 5 felonies of sexual misconduct.  NO sex offender terms just standard probation for six years and have to go to sex therapy classes once a week.  When the maintenance poly comes up will they be allowed to ask if I have consumed alcohol while on probation?

I'll take a stab at this one.
OK, So your on probation because of a sex offense for 6 yrs. The conditions of your probation require you to stay away from alcohol and you want to put your freedom in jeopardy so you can drink?
Please think about it! Is the drinking really worth it? I know I would not want to go to jail for a beer.
To answer your question I am sure if not drinking is a condition of your probation then I am quite sure they can ask you that and anything else they want. 
Regardless of the fact that polygraphs cannot detect lies but simply your reaction to a question. Why would you want to put yourself at risk even while drinking to get caught  ( by doing something stupid) and have your probation revoked?
I think you know the right thing to do.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Re: Allowed Polygraph ?'s
Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 12:13am
polyskeptic,  Were you drunk when you committed your sex crimes or did you do it with sober deliberation?

The examiner can probably test you on any of your probation conditions.

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Allowed Polygraph ?'s

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X