Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How do I react to control questions? (Read 49109 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Re: How do I react to control questions?
Reply #105 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 1:32am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
T.M. Cullen wrote on Oct 13th, 2008 at 1:28am:
Quote:
I for one, ( I can't speak for Dr. Maschke ) enjoy your amusing and pompous views.

"He's a pretty kid, too. I mean I don't know, I gotta problem if I should crappity smack him or fight him. ..."

Raging Bull, 1980

http://www.sportsfactbook.com/history/Raging_Bull

Careful TC he might think you are after his genitals too and I have to tell you//........ He's mine dam it and u can't have him  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #106 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 2:49am
I think we are way off track of a polygraph discussion both pro or anti with discussion of genitals.  While it might help the major networks during sweep weeks, it does little to promote a reasonable discussion.

Again, I would urge polygraph proponents to ignore all comments on this site if you are confident of your craft.  There is no reason to negate a negative.  You are only adding to the credibility of this site with every posting that is made.  You are spending time responding to poor losers and liars.  Let it go.  If we are wrong, we will slowly fade away with time.

I will attest that this has to be one of the least censored sites regarding the posting of opposing points of views.  How else could it get the extremely high hits from Google when you put in "polygraph" for a search engine.  I would believe it when I put in "antipolygraph" because it is an antipolygraph site, clear and simple.  I am always amazed how it ranks so high for a "polygraph" site.  It is because so many proponents of the polgyraph keep posting here.  

I would not want to be the "wind beneath the wings" of an anti-polygraph site by posting here if I were a proponent of the use of polygraphs.

A toast (tongue-in-cheek) to those who oppose my opinion.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Reply #107 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 1:45pm
A few days ago I made a statement indicating that the information in TLBTLD regarding the use of countermeasure was misleading at best.

Addressing Dr. Maschke, I wrote:
SanchoPanza wrote on Oct 12th, 2008 at 5:58pm:
The dishonesty in your statement; Quote:

The countermeasures we’ve discussed produce physiological responses that are indistinguishable from those that polygraphers believe to be associated with truth-telling concerning the relevant issues
lies mainly in your failure to disclose what the examinee must really accomplish while sitting in a polygraph chair, in order to produce a singleindistinguishable response. 

The main problem with your advice concerning manufacturing responses to comparison questions is that an examinee who has read your book still has no idea what data collected from his reactivity to relevant questions might look like on the day he is taking the test. 

So in order have the remotest possibility of successfully using countermeasures he has to:
1. Read your book to the point that he believes he can accurately follow your instructions and if your techniques actually work, use them to
2. accurately mimic the physiological changes brought about by autonomic arousal and collected by several different sensor components while
3. blindly guessing how much of the technique must be applied in order to be enough to overshadow his reactivity to the relevant questions and how much would be too much in order to avoid suspicion brought about by their conspicuous appearance,
4. in comparison to data collected from a true autonomic reaction that
5. he can’t see and
6. he can’t suppress
7.and repeat the entire process on each comparison question in such a fashion that his manufactured reactions don't all look exactly alike or manufactured.
8. in the presence of a trained examiner
a.thoroughly familiar with the instrumentation of the polygraph, 
b.considerable experience looking at collected data, and 
c.training in detecting exactly the type of countermeasures you endorse, 
9. while the data is being recorded for further review, analysis,and quality control if needed
10. Oh yes, and he has to listen to the questions too. 

Does that sound as simple as you make it sound in your book? Looking for something easier to do? Try standing on top of three balanced bowling balls while juggling chain saws. While both might be possible it is unlikely a person would be successful at either just by reading a book about it

Here is what the NAS study had to say: Quote:

Authors such as Maschke and Williams suggest that effective countermeasure strategies can be easily learned and that a small amount of practice is enough to give examinees an excellent chance of “beating” the polygraph. Because the effective application of mental or physical countermeasures on the part of examinees would require skill in distinguishing between relevant and comparison questions, skill in regulating physiological response, and skill in concealing countermeasures from trained examiners, claims that it is easy to train examinees to “beat” both the polygraph and trained examiners require scientific supporting evidence to be credible. However, we are not aware of any such research.  
The Polygraph and Lie Detection (2003) 
Board on Behavioral, Cognitive, and Sensory Sciences and Education (BCSSE)
Committee on National Statistics (CNSTAT)  PG 147  (emphasis added)

SanchoPanza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
How do I react to control questions?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X