Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) UPDATE (Read 7386 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sniper5252
New User

UPDATE
Mar 25th, 2008 at 10:45pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Since sackett said I wouldn't be back after I failed just want to drop everyone a line and let them know that I PASSED!!!!!!!

Two more steps to go and I will have achieved my goal.

Sackett...........EAT CROW!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone else for the tips and encouragement!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Re: UPDATE
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2008 at 11:25pm
Please remind us what the story was. Congrats man! Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box TheNoLieGuy4U
Senior User

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2008 at 11:02pm
     Hi Sniper5252,

You Passed !!!   Good !!!  Does this mean that you employed CM's or not to achieve that status ?  Do you have a hiring date, or are you still in backgrounds ?  What do you think was your most significant admission which needed the most consideration ?   

I say all of the above because passing your test does not always equate to a new job.  There are many who complete the process in a non-conditional offer of hire for which funding does not come through to actually hire them.  OR were you on a Conditional Officer of hire wherein if you complete successfully all of the steps, you then have a seat in the academy (for Police Officers). ?   

Please inform the readers of this messege board of the above.

THANKS !!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 12:15am
sniper5252

I think you can consider yourself employed because I read that agencies are so short handed that they lowered the hiring criteria.

Congratulations whether you used CMs or not and you do NOT owe an explanation to anyone.

Go make us a good cop.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #4 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 12:20am
Sorry for the double post. Don't know how that happened since I clicked post only one time.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #5 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 3:47am
Quote:
I think you can consider yourself employed because I read that agencies are so short handed that they lowered the hiring criteria.

Twoblock,

At the intelligence agencies, it doesn't matter how badly the "Ops" folks on the hiring committee want you, or how short they with people in the critical skills (arabic language...etc.).  If you fail the poly, or the psych eval, you ain't gonna get hired.   

And the poly folks don't generally give a hoot if you are hired.  There have been many a "pissing contest" between ops and security over hiring.  Trust me!   

And if you disparage the test, and rip the chest straps off in frustration (like I did), they (poly types) will not want you hired.  Such action is an insult to their pride and is like putting a "bullseye" on ones back.  They'd probably take less offense if you insulted their mothers. 

Just look at the high and mighty, and vindictive attitude exhibited by many of the polygophers on this BBS.  Embarrassed

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #6 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 6:16am
TC

I fully understand what you're saying. I just repeated what I read (more than once) here on these boards. I didn't say that I believed it. At the time it was written, there was no mention of "conditional funding", just that there was such a shortage the hiring standards had been lowered indicating if you passed through you had the job.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #7 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 8:13am
Quote:
I fully understand what you're saying. I just repeated what I read (more than once) here on these boards. I didn't say that I believed it. At the time it was written, there was no mention of "conditional funding", just that there was such a shortage the hiring standards had been lowered indicating if you passed through you had the job.

It will be interesting to see what happens to funding if Obama or Billary get into the WH.  If you remember, Bill cut the defense and intelligence budgets quite badly.

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box TheNoLieGuy4U
Senior User

Reply #8 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 7:23pm
        Hi TwoBlock,

sniper5252

Congratulations whether you used CMs or not and you do NOT owe an explanation to anyone.

Go make us a good cop.

I wonder what your fear is about Sniper5252 speaking to us all about how he got hired.  He has anonimity, we don't know which agency, and all would benefit from knowing his experience.  Maybe you considered that if he did it the honest way that he is a better man than many of the posters here (like maybe you too), and You and others like you would suffer a loss of face.  However, if he claims countermeasures, then he would be a success story poster boy for you.  So why the timidness ?  Don't you have full faith in the advice you give here ?  Also, why arnen't you yourself re-applying and using those wonderful CM's as the opportunities abound.  Any new agency ou apply for only cares about their own Examiner's professional opinion, or maybe it is that you have faced that your real life story makes you not as competative as others, in which case some earlier examiner was right all along.   Do Tell !!!   Wink

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #9 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 9:05pm
NLG

I'll relent and answer your lip flapping one more time.

1. How did I show fear saying he didn't owe an explanation to any   
    one? I fear God only.

2. I don't worry about anyone being a better man than Me. Those 
    words you ment for yourself. Don't lay them off on me. 

3. I never suffer loss of face. That's your department with all of   
    your unfounded and unproven accusations. If one of your
    accusations is true then you are a traitor. Funny, you never 
    seem to be able to answer those questions.   

4. I don't give a damn whether he used CMs or not, but it seems to
    concern you a whole heep. I don't need a poster boy. I am timid
    like a bengal tiger.

5. I have full faith in my statement. I can back up all of them. On 
    the other hand, You don't back up doodly sh%*#. All you want to
    do is badmouth everyone with untruths. That's why you posts 
    carries no  credibility. 

6. Me re-applying !? You know this for a fact, do you? I have 
    always had more ambition than wanting to work for Gov.

7. My real life not competative?? That must be self application. For 
    you information, I'm a self-made millionaire gold miner. Am I 
    bragging? Hell yes because it took more hard, dirty work than 
    people like you, (whos only ambition is to work for the Gov.
    looking at squigly lines, falsely calling people  liars and turncoats)
    could ever think about.

So babel on. I've got to get busy for a hard summers day making another million.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sniper5252
New User

Reply #10 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 11:52pm
Hey guys....thanks for the well wishes!!!  I DO have a conditional job offer and only have two steps left.  Hopefully I will sucessfully complete those steps and then in my eyes "be living the dream!!!"

I did use CM's but to be honest I really didn't need to.  The didn't even question me on my past drug use and that was the only worry I had.  Not that I am a drug attict but I have experimented.  The polygrapher did the whole card trick and was 98% sure I lied....yeah whatever.  I thank everyone for their tips and support and wish you the best on your future.

-sniper

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yankeedog
Senior User

Reply #11 - Mar 28th, 2008 at 12:35am
sniper5252 wrote on Mar 27th, 2008 at 11:52pm:
 The didn't even question me on my past drug use and that was the only worry I had.  

They didn't even ask you about past drug use? And this was for a law enforcement/police position?  Or was it for some other type of work?   Shocked

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #12 - Mar 28th, 2008 at 1:07am
Quote:
The polygrapher did the whole card trick and was 98% sure I lied....yeah whatever.

Funny, some of the polygraphers on this board have questioned whether this 95-98% accuracy claim is made to any large extent in the polygraph community.  But it is, ALL THE TIME.  And it's always 95 or 98%.

They make bold claims to the gullible public, then play down this bogus claim on this board, knowing the claim will be seriously questioned.   On my last test, a Mr. Lingenfelter made the same claim.  I politely asked him where he got that number, and he quickly played it down.  Freaking liar!

They obviously pull this 98% figure out of their rectums! 

TC

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sackett
Especially Senior User

Reply #13 - Mar 28th, 2008 at 2:45pm
sniper5252 wrote on Mar 27th, 2008 at 11:52pm:
Hey guys....thanks for the well wishes!!!  I DO have a conditional job offer and only have two steps left.  Hopefully I will sucessfully complete those steps and then in my eyes "be living the dream!!!"

I did use CM's but to be honest I really didn't need to.  The didn't even question me on my past drug use and that was the only worry I had.  Not that I am a drug attict but I have experimented.  The polygrapher did the whole card trick and was 98% sure I lied....yeah whatever.  I thank everyone for their tips and support and wish you the best on your future.

-sniper

Well Congrats!   

Eat Crow, for what?  You said you didn't need CM's becasue they didn't even ask you about the topic that most concerned you.  For that reason alone the use of CM's would have been a moot point.   

However, if you'd like to make history and be first test subject to claim CM's worked for them, then simply inform me privately who you are and where you tested and with whom, then I would be more than happy to go there, verify your claim (BTW a positive act which is verifiable, not a negative), then I would report back here your success.

Sackett

P.S.  What type of government job does not require you to be tested concerning illegal drugs use?   

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #14 - Mar 28th, 2008 at 6:17pm
Quote:
then simply inform me privately who you are and where you tested and with whom

Why privately?

IP Logged

UPDATE

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X