Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Inconclusive - Advice for next time? (Read 14368 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sackett
Especially Senior User

Re: Inconclusive - Advice for next time?
Reply #15 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 1:43am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
notguilty1 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2008 at 8:34pm:
sackett wrote on Mar 22nd, 2008 at 2:19pm:
Sarge,

it seems to me that being 100% truthful is NOT something one has to "figure out."

Sackett

Well,
Truth is that being 100% truthfull does not ensure you a passed Poligraph test!!

Well, usually it does.  I suppose some on this board would in fact be the exception...

BTW, polygraph is with a "Y", not an "i."

Sackett

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #16 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 4:22am
Sarge,

it seems to me that being 100% truthful is NOT something one has to "figure out."

Sackett

The aspect of his experience he is likely trying to "figure out" is how he could be truthful during his polygraph and not pass with flying colors.

I think that would be enough to make any reasonable person doubt the accuracy of the polygraph.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #17 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 4:25am
Quote:
The aspect of his experience he is likely trying to "figure out" is how he could be truthful during his polygraph and not pass with flying colors.

I think that would be enough to make any reasonable person doubt the accuracy of the polygraph.

Well thats just rubbish!

How could one tell the truth yet fail.

You are misleading the innocent.

Sackett knows what is talking about.  If one were telling the truth, he'd know it.   

You must be one of those venomous "antis".

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #18 - Mar 23rd, 2008 at 4:33am
Sergeant1107 wrote on Mar 23rd, 2008 at 4:22am:
Sarge,

Sackett

Hey Sarge,
Well see, we all understand what your saying and it makes perfect sense, except of course ..... Sakett!!

He doesen't know how many examinees have passed because they were truthfull in thier answers as he doesn't know how many failed even though they were truthfull. Unless you want to believe that his 
" answer anaylisis" is even more accurate than the Polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sackett
Especially Senior User

Reply #19 - Mar 28th, 2008 at 3:09pm
T.M. Cullen wrote on Mar 23rd, 2008 at 4:25am:
Quote:

Well thats just rubbish!

Sackett knows what is talking about.  If one were telling the truth, he'd know it.  

TC

Oh yeah!?  Well, well, uh.... well, you don't have poetry written about you, now do ya!??? Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #20 - Mar 28th, 2008 at 3:18pm
sackett wrote on Mar 28th, 2008 at 3:09pm:
T.M. Cullen wrote on Mar 23rd, 2008 at 4:25am:
Quote:

Well thats just rubbish!

Sackett knows what is talking about.  If one were telling the truth, he'd know it.  

TC

Oh yeah!?  Well, well, uh.... well, you don't have poetry written about you, now do ya!??? Grin

Gotta admit that is true!  And funny man!   Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #21 - Mar 28th, 2008 at 6:01pm
Sackett

Glad you reminded of poetry being written about you.

Here's some more. Written good-naturedly of coarse at you're expense. Another office hanger for you. Hope you take it as lightly as it was written.

Last verse of "The Boxer" My favorite song of Simon & Garfunkel.

"The Polygrapher"

In the clearing stands a polygrapher
a liar by his trade
and he carries the reminder
of every CM that put him down or cut him til he cried out
In his anger and his shame
"I am leaving, I am leaving"
but the polygrapher still remains - ooh la  la-la lalala

Lie  lie-lie , lie lie lie lie lie-lie lie, lie lie

I have the other verses done, but don't have the time to print.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box applicant55
New User

Reply #22 - Apr 1st, 2008 at 3:34pm
UPDATE:
I just found out that I failed the 2nd polygraph.  I'm sure it comes as no surprise to many on this board, but I was 100% truthful on the relevant questions.  What a sad, sad day!
Cry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #23 - Apr 1st, 2008 at 3:48pm
applicant55,

I am saddened, but not surprised, to learn of this (all too common) outcome. You'll want to be sure to contest the polygraph results in writing. If you ever apply for any job that requires a security clearance, your FBI file will be checked and the fact that you "failed a lie detector test" will come to the attention of adjudicators. Your letter disputing the polygrapher's accusation that you lied should be added to your FBI file and is important for the purpose of documenting your disagreement with the results.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nopolycop
Especially Senior User

Reply #24 - Apr 1st, 2008 at 5:37pm
applicant55 wrote on Apr 1st, 2008 at 3:34pm:
UPDATE:
I just found out that I failed the 2nd polygraph.  I'm sure it comes as no surprise to many on this board, but I was 100% truthful on the relevant questions.  What a sad, sad day!
Cry

When you told them how the test worked, and they knew that you knew, you were destined to fail.  You see, the FBI will not tolerate individualist thinking.  The FBI is like the Borg, (you will be assimilated).  If you fight assimilation, you will be killed, (or in this instance, not hired).

I know several retired FBI agents, none of them were happy, and they all retired as soon as they could.  You are better off...

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

New User

Reply #25 - Apr 1st, 2008 at 7:32pm
nopolycop wrote on Apr 1st, 2008 at 5:37pm:
I know several retired FBI agents, none of them were happy, and they all retired as soon as they could.

Without going into specifics, part of my job at the FBI would have been to change that mentality (futile or not)!

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #26 - Apr 1st, 2008 at 9:33pm
applicant55 wrote on Apr 1st, 2008 at 7:32pm:
nopolycop wrote on Apr 1st, 2008 at 5:37pm:
I know several retired FBI agents, none of them were happy, and they all retired as soon as they could.

Without going into specifics, part of my job at the FBI would have been to change that mentality (futile or not)!

Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated... Angry

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

New User

Reply #27 - Apr 3rd, 2008 at 7:52pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Apr 1st, 2008 at 3:48pm:
You'll want to be sure to contest the polygraph results in writing.

Does anyone have a good example letter or template to use for disputing the results and requesting a re-test?

Also, should I file a Privacy Act request?  And if so, should I do this concurrent with the dispute/re-test letter or should I wait until after the "appeal" process is concluded?

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #28 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 2:51pm
I would suggest a letter coming from your attorney.  It will get much more attention than one yourself.  Explain in the letter in clear terms what you are asking for, and that you expect a response within a reasonable amout of time, (setting a date) or an explanation by said date as to why they cannot fulfill your request for information.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #29 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 6:09pm
nopolycop wrote on Apr 7th, 2008 at 2:51pm:
I would suggest a letter coming from your attorney.  It will get much more attention than one yourself.

Are you suggesting that I get a lawyer to draft my request to be retested?  I appreciate the advice, but my understanding is that granting a retest request is a subjective decision and I'm concerned that too harsh of a letter will not be received well.  I know it's a long shot, but I still want to try and get this job!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Inconclusive - Advice for next time?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X