Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) RCMP polygraph... wow you were right. (Read 112100 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box TheNoLieGuy4U
Senior User

Re: RCMP polygraph... wow you were right.
Reply #30 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 2:56am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Wait a minute !!!  You and this site in fact do repeatedly bring up the National Academy of Sciences Report, AS IF that were some kind of Peer Review Study without bias !!  Aren't many of the members of the NAS in fact the VERY SCIENTISTS that the Government employs directly, or in the military industrial complex, that the government wants to test in the first place ???   Hardly an unbiased peer review, and rather a self serving statement.   

In my experience, and from what I'm reading and hearing, those who incorporate the mind games of this site have found themselves in the unemployment line like George M. did.  I wonder if there are enough jobs in Holland that he can refer you folks to, as he, despite a PhD in Middle Eastern languages, could not get a job here despite the war on radical Islam / Al Queda.  It tells me that something must be missing above and beyond the polygraph issue  --------- like maybe his psyche test or something.  At the end of the day when all is said and done, the polygraph is in place until the ever changing world of science adds something new to replace it.  Don't just throw out he baby with the bath water, take on the challenge to improve it, as the world has enough gripers and winers already.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #31 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 5:13am
Don't just throw out he baby with the bath water, take on the challenge to improve it, as the world has enough gripers and winers already.    

You don't throw out the baby with the bathwater ..... unless the baby is dead as the technology in poly's is. Poly's simply do NOT detect lies!!!  (the ability of poly's to detect lies being the baby in the bath)
The proof is out there and is supported by the fact that ploy's are NOT admissable in court. If your test was so great at detecting lies why not allow it in court? I will tell you why IT DOESENT DETECT LIES!!  At best it detects your response to a questions, that response can be manipulated intentionally or unintentionally by MANY factors.
If you were on the receiving end of a false positive poly you'd know too.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #32 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 5:17am
Pre-employment polygraph tests are actually ILLEGAL, except in the federal government and law enforcement.  And the clock is ticking there.

What good is a test that falsely brands the innocent liars, and allows the guilty to get by undetected?

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

IF IT WASN'T THE NATIONAL SECURITY AT STAKE, IT WOULD BE FUNNY!

What ever happened to good old fashioned detective work.  They would have nabbed Aldrich Ames a lot sooner if they had done that and not relied so much on his stupid polygraph updates!

And several soviets spying for us wouldn't be dead!

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sackett
Especially Senior User

Reply #33 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 6:05am
Larry,

wrong again!  Any governmental agency may use polygraph, that is to say, local, county, state and federal...  Also, select private companies may use it in pre-employment screening as well.  Didn't you accuse someone else of not doing their "homework?"

notguilty1,

once again, you elude to yourself and the (perhaps) three other posters who claim false positives in the past...  While I can not address your specific test, I can remind you that no polygraph examiner claims the polygraph detects lies.  YOU (on this board) are the only people who claim, we examiners claim to detect lies through the polygraph.

The polygraph process simply identifies threats associated with withheld, falsified, minimized, ommitted and/or rationalized information/answers.  I'll bet your examiner told you to be 100% honest and the results of your testing indicated an amount less than that.  Ergo, you failed and now proudly claim the victim status you repeatedly maintain here.

Sackett

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #34 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 6:22am
sackett wrote on Feb 28th, 2008 at 6:05am:
While I can not address your specific test, I can remind you that no polygraph examiner claims the polygraph detects lies.  YOU (on this board) are the only people who claim, we examiners claim to detect lies through the polygraph.

Then why is the polygraph school founded by the man who started the CIA's polygraph program, and who came up with the idea of numerically scoring polygraph charts, called the Backster School of Lie Detection?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #35 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 4:31pm
notguilty1,

once again, you elude to yourself and the (perhaps) three other posters who claim false positives in the past...  While I can not address your specific test, I can remind you that no polygraph examiner claims the polygraph detects lies.  YOU (on this board) are the only people who claim, we examiners claim to detect lies through the polygraph.

The polygraph process simply identifies threats associated with withheld, falsified, minimized, ommitted and/or rationalized information/answers.  I'll bet your examiner told you to be 100% honest and the results of your testing indicated an amount less than that.  Ergo, you failed and now proudly claim the victim status you repeatedly maintain here.

Sackett

Sackett, You idiot!!  And I say that as a perfectly descriptive term and not a insult.
1) the general public knows poligraphs as "lie detector tests"
2) My poligrapher,  when I asked if he was telling me that this machine was saying that I was lying said, " It is telling me that there is some deception on some questions"
webster's says deceive means "persuade of what is false" Sounds like LIE to me.
Sackett you are making a fool of yourself nut please continue!!
I guess you need to convince yourself that your right to sleep well.
Once polys are exposed as the scam they are I know someone who would make a great meter maid. Sharpen your pencil Sackett

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #36 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 5:39pm
"notguilty1"

Sackett, You idiot!!  And I say that as a perfectly descriptive term and not a insult.
1) the general public knows poligraphs as "lie detector tests"
2) My poligrapher,  when I asked if he was telling me that this machine was saying that I was lying said, " It is telling me that there is some deception on some questions"
webster's says deceive means "persuade of what is false" Sounds like LIE to me.
Sackett you are making a fool of yourself nut please continue!!
I guess you need to convince yourself that your right to sleep well.
Once polys are exposed as the scam they are I know someone who would make a great meter maid. Sharpen your pencil Sackett

Very nice!  Your ability to intellectually converse with someone of an opposing opinion has been truly defined... 

1) Yes, the general public refers to them as such, but that's a term of convenience, not actual description of purpose and results.  But, on the other hand, I would not expect you to make the extra effort to understand, given your rabid hatred for and distorted "understanding" of the process..

2) I do not care what your examiner did.  I can't answer for anyone other than myself.

Regarding your meter maid comment.  I have no interest in keeping you from gainful employment opportunity which so closely matches your abilities.  For that reason, I won't apply and let you keep your position.  Otherwise, you'd be out of a job! Cry

Have a great day.

Sackett

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #37 - Feb 28th, 2008 at 5:43pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Feb 28th, 2008 at 6:22am:
sackett wrote on Feb 28th, 2008 at 6:05am:
While I can not address your specific test, I can remind you that no polygraph examiner claims the polygraph detects lies.  YOU (on this board) are the only people who claim, we examiners claim to detect lies through the polygraph.

Then why is the polygraph school founded by the man who started the CIA's polygraph program, and who came up with the idea of numerically scoring polygraph charts, called the Backster School of Lie Detection?

because "The San Diego Institute for Higher Learning in the Art and Science of Forensic Psychophysiological Detection of Withheld, Minimized and Ommitted Information from the Criminal Suspect and Unemployed" was already taken...

BECAUSE IT IS GENERALLY ACCEPTED (with the exception of a few posters here) THAT, THAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE POLYGRAPH PROCEDURE!  

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #38 - Feb 29th, 2008 at 4:06am
Very nice!  Your ability to intellectually converse with someone of an opposing opinion has been truly defined... 

1) Yes, the general public refers to them as such, but that's a term of convenience, not actual description of purpose and results.  But, on the other hand, I would not expect you to make the extra effort to understand, given your rabid hatred for and distorted "understanding" of the process..

2) I do not care what your examiner did.  I can't answer for anyone other than myself.

Regarding your meter maid comment.  I have no interest in keeping you from gainful employment opportunity which so closely matches your abilities.  For that reason, I won't apply and let you keep your position.  Otherwise, you'd be out of a job! 

Have a great day.

Sackett

Sackett you don't have an opposing opinion you have a deep seated desire to keep the "job" you have which by the way probably takes less schooling than a meter maid. 
Besides I don't need to get on a anti web site to keep my job.
I can assure you that once you get that job you won't have to worry about me taking it, my ocupation has taken many years of training.
The term "Lie detector" is not a term of convinience but a well imbedded ( by the polygraph industry) term to bolster the percieved validity of the scam.   
I don't have a "haterd" for the process and my "understanding" of the process is by far not "distorted" it is very much on target since the test was WRONG in my case.
Unlike others here who may have a bone to pick for a failed poly i.e. loss of a job, my failed poly cost me NOTHING but the realization that many many inocent people must be victims of ths scam. ( if the test had any validity I would have been arrested for theft)
I am purely here to further the cause to rid our country of this scam.

Sackett, when you do become a meter maid you will be accually doing your community some good and accually bring parking violators to justice and raising needed funds for the city!! 
You may have to take some more classes though, Think you can handle that?? Grin

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #39 - Feb 29th, 2008 at 4:17am
"notguilty1",

No, not in "your world."

I suppose we could compare education, training, life experiences, etc.   
But, I think even that would be a waste of my time!

Anyway, this is my chosen profession and if, for some rediculous reason, people like you are successful in ridding the world of polygraph, I assure you, I will be successful, happy and very good at whatever I do.  See ya around...

Sackett  Grin

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #40 - Feb 29th, 2008 at 4:23am
Sackett
I am sure you will find another scam job to replace this one.
If you have so much training and education and this is your "chosen profession" that is truly sad for you my friend.
Sackett, Go ahead and attack me all you want but if you google Poligraphs guess what comes up?
The truth will set you free of your "chosen profession" as many scamed people will come to find out.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LALE
New User

Reply #41 - Feb 29th, 2008 at 4:41pm
sackett wrote on Feb 29th, 2008 at 4:17am:
"notguilty1",

No, not in "your world."

I suppose we could compare education, training, life experiences, etc.  
But, I think even that would be a waste of my time!

Anyway, this is my chosen profession and if, for some rediculous reason, people like you are successful in ridding the world of polygraph, I assure you, I will be successful, happy and very good at whatever I do.  See ya around...

Sackett  Grin

Maybe its time you started looking around cos it sure dont seem like you got a real job right now, besides blowing your trumpet on this board.

Polygraphy is cr*p Sackett. When you look at yourself in the mirror,
do you have to practise your lines or do they simply come out automatically by now.......

All that "its the best we've got so far" bs is just sooo painful. 

And btw - neither you nor any other polygraphist would ever take on 
Drews challenge because you all know you will end up looking an omelette.

Ya wouldnt know a good cm if it sneaked up on ya an bit ya in the butt

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box chrismcphee33
User

Reply #42 - Feb 29th, 2008 at 4:59pm
I have been reading posts here and it just seems so strange...anti poly folks are attacking pro poly folks by putting down there profession of choice, putting down their character, and just putting them down as human beings. The pro poly folks are attacking anti poly folks by calling them devious, dishonest liars because they go on this site and educate themsleves on polygraph research. It just all seems so silly. We are all just people and some of us disagree with the the claim that the polygraph exam is valid, and some others agree with it...other than that many of us here are the same and probably have many of the same value and morals. BTW I am guilty of this too...name calling and the like.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EJohnson
Limited (No Attachments)

Internet Countermeasures
Yields Failed Tests

Reply #43 - Feb 29th, 2008 at 6:11pm
Nice post Chris----although the only disagreement I would have with it is that many people here do not visit to "look at the research" of polygraph, but come here in an effort to attempt to cheat on a test. Cheating on a test----be it the host of nebulous psych and IQ tests which are also disagreeable to many---is still cheating, regardless if one is a "supporter" of the test or not. Therein lies the ethical disagreement. People who disagree so much with polygraph and who by proxy hate examiners are the same ilk who despise IRS agents because they hate the tax system with which they work. Google "Inductive Reasoning." It is a poisonous way of thinking, as I believe you implied in your post.

You made some good points though man.

All men are mortal. Socrates was mortal. Therefore, &&all men are Socrates.-----Woody Allen  &&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #44 - Feb 29th, 2008 at 7:57pm
Quote:
People who disagree so much with polygraph and who by proxy hate examiners are the same ilk who despise IRS agents because they hate the tax system with which they work. Google "Inductive Reasoning." It is a poisonous way of thinking, as I believe you implied in your post.

Apples and oranges.

Here is another way of looking at it.

You go in to take a test you think is legitimate.  You are truthful, yet fail the test and are falsely accused of being a liar.

You find a website with others who just went through the same experience.  IOW, took a test they believed in, told the truth and failed anyway.

Then, to your surprise, you find out the test really has no scientific basis.  Furthermore, ou find out that a body of the country's top scientific researchers (at the request of congress), have concluded the test to be invalid.  in particular, the type of test you just took (pre-employment).

Talk about ranting.  Here is a typical Polygrapher post:

Quote:
First, I'm NOT Your Bro, My Bro's actually have a job, and ARE making a contribution, and did not have to try to find a way to cheat to do so.  Further, they do not have as their prophet a zealot such as GM who is no less than an obsessed waste of talent who blew his chance just prior to the war on terror occurring where he might have been able to find some use for his skills.

And these people are in a position to effect people's careers?  Scary!
« Last Edit: Feb 29th, 2008 at 8:34pm by T.M. Cullen »  

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
RCMP polygraph... wow you were right.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X