Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Failed polygraph test on infidelity (Read 18684 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dc585
New User

Failed polygraph test on infidelity
Jan 25th, 2017 at 5:33pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I have been with my girlfriend for almost 3 years and the first half of our relationship I was not totally loyal to her and had sex with a few of my ex-girlfriends. 
I started going to a therapist to remove this destructive behavior from my life and then my girlfriend and I decided to go forward. Well I have done exactly what I said and stayed totally faithful to her and after a year, she did not believe me so asked me to take a polygraph test. I said sure and was actually excited because I figured it would prove to her I was telling the truth. Well, lets just say the examiner said I was lying to the question, "have you had sexual contact with anyone other than your girlfriend since Nov 14th 2015?"
I could not believe it and now I have both her and the examiner calling me a liar. I was telling the truth. 
I assumed that I should retake the test with someone else and was aggressive in setting this up less than two weeks later.
Well, guess what, I now have another examiner calling me a liar and he told my girlfriend he is 99% sure.
So, basically I am worse off now with 3 nails in my back and just confused by the whole process. Was I stressed about the question? Of course and I assume 
I did have a reaction to the question. I never should have destroyed her trust to start with and have been stressed about that every day since, but just because I had a strong reaction the this question, the examiners are telling me I lied.
Any opinions on this?  Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wandersmann
Very Senior User

Re: Failed polygraph test on infidelity
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 4:18am
dc585 wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 5:33pm:
I did have a reaction to the question. I never should have destroyed her trust to start with and have been stressed about that every day since, but just because I had a strong reaction the this question, the examiners are telling me I lied.
Any opinions on this?  Thanks

dc585  -  I have an opinion on your situation.  You should have never taken the polygraph in the first place.  It's a joke and it doesn't work.  You should spend some time with your girlfriend going through this site and countless other articles, testimonials, and exposes' proving that the polygraph flat out doesn't work.  You might want to research the American Medical Association and National Academy of Science findings that conclude that the polygraph doesn't work.

The biggest reason that the polygraph industry thrives reflects the major flaw in free market capitalism and what can go wrong when corrupt politicians and officials run amok.  

If you study US Government and politics you will learn that  our country is run by Iron Triangles.  Iron Triangles consist of solid relationships between private interest groups/lobbies, the bureaucracy, and Congress.  These relationships are mutually supporting and are as solid as iron. In the case of the polygraph, the private interest group/lobby consists of polygraph manufacturers, private sector polygraph examiners and other related organizations which make lots of money through this polygraph fraud.  

The bureaucracy involved in the polygraph scam involves the legions of Federal polygraph examiners and security officials who are incompetent investigators who have found a nice little niche where they can falsely accuse people without repercussion and be rewarded as if they have solved a case.  Not only can they make a living ruining the lives of innocent people, but they can retire and jump into the private sector to reap profit by messing with people like you.  If they don't ruin innocent lives and reputations here and there, they are out of business.  

Lastly, inept politicians who proclaim to be law and order yet don't have the foggiest clue how to achieve law and order are more than happy to have their palms greased by the polygraph industry while lying to their constituents that they ensure peace and tranquility by supporting the polygraph.  America's biggest problem is that their constituents are ignorant of the polygraph fraud and remain ignorant by naively believing that elements of our government and industry couldn't be that bad.  The number of victims of the polygraph don't make enough people for our media to care and this fraud perpetuates and rewards the con artists who profit by it on a daily basis.  

In summary, the entire polygraph industry represents an enormous sanctified fraud that succeeds and feeds on the ignorance of the American people.  We are the only country on earth that uses polygraph results as a complete panacea of truth.  

If you dig into the facts and share with your girlfriend and she still won't budge on her belief in the polygraph, time to find another girlfriend.  Why would you want to spend the rest of your life with a complete moron ?
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2017 at 4:38am by Wandersmann »  

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 7:01pm
Thank you for the response and the suggestions. I have told her that after research I have found the polygraph test to be inaccurate in most cases, but she said she has googled it and it says it is very accurate and that the examiner told her he is 99% sure. So, she will listen to him and not me of course. It seems to be a loosing battle and yes I was naïve as I entered the test as I guess I just assumed it was fairly accurate without doing research. At least I understand the whole process now, sorry my education on this came too late.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 1:26pm
dc585 wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 7:01pm:
So, she will listen to him and not me of course. It seems to be a loosing battle and yes I was naïve as I entered the test as I guess I just assumed it was fairly accurate without doing research. At least I understand the whole process now, sorry my education on this came too late.

Sorry to hear that.  Have her go to the Anti-Polygraph.org website homepage and look at the most recent article.  There is an attached video of the retired Marine Officer who was the pilot of Marine 1, the President's helicopter.  He failed a polygraph to get into the Border Patrol and they also accused him of being unfaithful.  Luckily, his wife had some brains and stood by him.  Most people in the intelligence and law enforcement community know the polygraph is a joke.  I am retired from this community and learned it first hand over a thirty year career.   

Like I said earlier, don't worry about being dumped by your girlfriend, dump her first  -   she's just plain stupid.  To rely on google searches and the word of the accused criminal is just plain dumb.  If she reads this post  -  Lady, you are a moron !

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 3:13pm
I did direct her to this forum/website and she said it is a website put up by a bunch of liars. So, I guess anyone on this forum or anyone against a polygraph test or anyone that has failed a polygraph test and states it was inaccurate is a liar according to her. Well alright then. 
Time to move on...

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 1:20am
dc585 wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 3:13pm:
I did direct her to this forum/website and she said it is a website put up by a bunch of liars. So, I guess anyone on this forum or anyone against a polygraph test or anyone that has failed a polygraph test and states it was inaccurate is a liar according to her. Well alright then.
Time to move on...

Sorry to hear, but you're better off with someone else.  If you get a last word in, you might ask your girlfriend how she would explain a friend of mine who flunked a polygraph with a federal law enforcement agency but then passed one a year later with a different agency.  Both polygraph exams were life-style polygraphs and both asked the same questions.  Shoots her theory to hell.   

Just spread the word to everyone you know about what a complete fraud this polygraph business is.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box xenonman
God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 8:02am
exactly what I said and stayed totally faithful to her and after a year, she did not believe me so asked me to take a polygraph test

I am always concerned about just how pervasive continues to be the mythology instilled in our popular culture about the polygraph, and its usefulness in "proving" guilt or innocence!   

The situation described here is a particularly alarming manifestation of an improper application of the alchemy that is known as "polygraphy". Shocked

What do we call it when every employee of the Agency's Office of Security
and Office of Personnel drowns in the Potomac?   A great beginning!

The best intelligence community employee is a compromised IC employee!
YouTube  
IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 8:09am
you had sexual contact with anyone other than your girlfriend since Nov 14th 2015?"

Much like oil and water, sexual relationships and polygraphy simply do not mix!   Sad

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #8 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 3:03am
Why do people do infidelity tests?  Ugh.... 

They cause more damage than they do good, unless done under the management of a therapist, and used for the purposes thereof.   

Frankly, the money is better spent on a therapist, or a lawyer.

No one, NO ONE, comes away from an infidelity test a winner.

Both parties ALWAYS walk away more hurt than when they walk in, and nothing gets solved.

Joe

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #9 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 4:03am
Joe McCarthy wrote on Feb 1st, 2017 at 3:03am:
Why do people do infidelity tests?  Ugh.... 

They cause more damage than they do good, unless done under the management of a therapist, and used for the purposes thereof.  

Frankly, the money is better spent on a therapist, or a lawyer.

No one, NO ONE, comes away from an infidelity test a winner.

Both parties ALWAYS walk away more hurt than when they walk in, and nothing gets solved.

I'm thinking that one reason for this, in addition to the mythology about the "amazing" infallibility of the polygraph so deeply instilled in our popular culture, is the sad fact that the male partner may be afraid (not without reason) of the financial consequences of a divorce.
Hence, the man will resort to anything to "prove" his renewed  fidelity. Roll Eyes

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 1:53pm
On more than one occasion I was contacted after several years and thanked by couples who felt fidelity testing improved or saved their marriages.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

New User

Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 4:13pm
Originally this test was prompted by some article that talked about how a couple survived infidelity. Then it went on to state the Husband took a polygraph test. So, I was asked if I would be willing to take one at that point. My answer was yes, of course. At the time it seemed like a great idea actually as I finally felt like I would be cleared of my charges. I was naïve to the whole process and did absolutely no investigation into it.

IP Logged

God Member
Banned

May sarin, ricin, and
variola major befall
Langley

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 4:52pm
dc585 wrote on Feb 1st, 2017 at 4:13pm:
Originally this test was prompted by some article that talked about how a couple survived infidelity. Then it went on to state the Husband took a polygraph test. So, I was asked if I would be willing to take one at that point. My answer was yes, of course. At the time it seemed like a great idea actually as I finally felt like I would be cleared of my charges. I was naïve to the whole process and did absolutely no investigation into it.

That is precisely the problem.   The polygraph continues to enjoy "free passage" in all the popular media (magazines, TV true crime, true crime paperbacks, etc.) , thus very effectively propagating the image of its infallibility as the final arbiter of truth and deception! Sad

YouTube  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #13 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 5:09pm
pailryder wrote on Feb 1st, 2017 at 1:53pm:
On more than one occasion I was contacted after several years and thanked by couples who felt fidelity testing improved or saved their marriages.

I appreciate you sharing your experience. I'm curious to know if, contrariwise (I love that word), you have seen an infidelity polygraph open up a Pandora's box which may have otherwise remained closed.  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Aunty Agony
Very Senior User

Reply #14 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 10:08pm
pailryder wrote on Feb 1st, 2017 at 1:53pm:

I am not at all surprised to hear this. 

Since the polygraph gives a random result, of course some subjects are going to be deemed truthful. Assuming that some subjects of polygraph fidelity testing are in fact faithful and truthful, while others are adulterers hoping to skate by, this yields four cases: Tt, truthful tested truthful; Tf, truthful tested false; Ft, false tested truthful; and Ff, false tested false. The value of the testing can be demonstrated ONLY by the lack of Tf and Ft cases

Testimonials from couples who felt fidelity testing improved or saved their marriages demonstrates only the existence of a non-zero population in case Tt. Unfortunately the world is full of innumerate people who don't understand, and gullible people who don't care, what any of this means. 

I would be surprised to hear that every person who claimed that fidelity testing improved or saved his marriage was determined, through independent means, to have been telling the truth. In fact, I would be astonished at any independent collaborating evidence for any lie detector test at all. 

IP Logged

Failed polygraph test on infidelity

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X