Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Drew Richardson Never an Actual FBI Polygraph Examiner? (Read 10427 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ludovico
Senior User

I was cured all right.

Re: Drew Richardson Never an Actual FBI Polygraph Examiner?
Reply #60 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 6:39pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
All I know is that EosJupitor and I can make your machine read what ever we want it to read without squeezing any musle. It's called brain manipulation which you cannot detect because it's over your head.

Now there is an assertion that requires some argument and some evidence.

Pass the tin-foil please.

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #61 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 6:47pm
Ludovico wrote on Sep 29th, 2007 at 6:39pm:
Quote:
All I know is that EosJupitor and I can make your machine read what ever we want it to read without squeezing any musle. It's called brain manipulation which you cannot detect because it's over your head.

Now there is an assertion that requires some argument and some evidence.

Pass the tin-foil please.

For evidence of the effectiveness of mental countermeasures, see:

Honts, Charles R., David C. Raskin, and John C. Kircher. "Mental and Physical Countermeasures Reduce the Accuracy of Polygraph Tests," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 79 (1994), No. 2, pp. 252-59.

You'll find the abstract cited in the bibliography of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Senior User

I was cured all right.

Reply #62 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 6:52pm
Nice try.

That hardly supports his assertion Quote:

and other claims of "flat-lining" because he a a baritone. 

Doesn't he know that only mezzo's can flatline a polygraph.

Interesting how you pick and choose the value Honts' research for you own convenience. 

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Paradiddle
Very Senior User

Reply #63 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 7:02pm
Websters 9th.

Fraud 3. Any deceit, trickery or humbug.

Mr, Drew Richardson having been chosen as an expert witness (Superior expert) to debunk polygraph while he was allegedly a poor acedemic performer at DODPI and is alleged to have been placed in research due seemingly for default reasons rather than working further in toxicology (his actual specialty)-----AND having the alleged worst understanding of polygraph in a senior agent's history of viewing other examiner's work------is a "fraud". 

I am not levying the label of "fraud" on to Mr. Richardson per se, but I will call his testifying against polygraph a fraud. Similarly,  in the case of FEMA's former director, Mr. Brown ("Brownie") was not a fraud---he was merely a man who was appointed to head up FEMA. His appointment and his job---as he was only a horse training and breeding association administrator -----left him ill-equiped to handle Katrina---as Brownie was just a guy who rather "fell into reluctantly" the job----much the same stated manner for which Drew "became a reluctant activist."  And so we can now say that Brownie's appointment and job was a fraud------as it was frought with deceit, trickery, or humbug----and in the case of Katrina, Brownie was out of his league and could only master some catch phrases and some protocol in order to appear up to the task of heading up FEMA. Maybe we should call Drew "Drewie".
I hear Drew is now working in fMRI (P300) for the purposes of lie detection----and I wish him the best as he is no doubt a bright individual....er....in toxicology. I am not sure how Drew "fell into fMRI without being a Neurological/neurologist/endocrinologist/neurolinguisticist technician or CT/MR scan tech. I do hope that as he studies and educates himself about the status of fMRI and the human brain, he pays attention, does his homework, and isn't classified by a supervising peer as being the worst fMRI technician ever seen. 
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2007 at 11:23pm by Paradiddle »  

Cheats and the Cheating Cheaters who try to Cheat us.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #64 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 7:04pm
Ludovico wrote on Sep 29th, 2007 at 6:52pm:
Interesting how you pick and choose the value Honts' research for you own convenience.

If you have any specific criticism of my reliance on Honts' research, please feel free to explain at length in a new message thread devoted to that topic.

To all: Further posts to this thread should address the topic raised by the original poster.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Senior User

I was cured all right.

Reply #65 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 7:13pm
mod-slapped!

boy I bet that felt good

The fact seems that Drewie has misrepresented his "expertise" in polygraphy.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #66 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 7:16pm
Ludovico wrote on Sep 29th, 2007 at 7:13pm:
The fact seems that Drewie has misrepresented his "expertise" in polygraphy.

Where? When? Paradiddle has insinuated that Dr. Richardson has misrepresented his credentials, but failed to point out a single instance.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Senior User

I was cured all right.

Reply #67 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 7:56pm
Paradiddle has pointed out and provided evidence that Drewie's "expertise" in polygraphy is suspicious at best, and that he has misrepresented his expertise in this community and other places.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box day2day
New User

Reply #68 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 10:07pm
Ludovico wrote on Sep 29th, 2007 at 7:56pm:
Paradiddle has pointed out and provided evidence that Drewie's "expertise" in polygraphy is suspicious at best, and that he has misrepresented his expertise in this community and other places.

Why are all of your posts so condescending?  What exactly are you trying to make up for?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #69 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 10:17pm
If Dr. Richardson had testified regarding the inaccuracy of phrenology, would there be an outcry from phrenologists about his credentials?

Would practicing phrenologists claim he doesn't know what he is talking about, because he has not conducted a sufficient number of phrenological exams?   

It seems to me that George already showed, by quoting direct testimony, that Dr. Richardson did not misrepresent himself.

How about a cease and desist on the ad hominem attacks in exchange for resuming the ongoing debate regarding the validity of the polygraph?

If certain people are intent on continuing the personal attacks, it certainly seems fair to me that they state their name and their credentials, so that the rest of us can compare and contrast them with Dr. Richardson's.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #70 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 11:30pm
If Drewie had failed to meet the minimum performance criteria in "Phrenology School"---and when tasked to make analysis on the cranium bumps and lumps for a simple measure of his relevant academic absorbtion---only to be called by his supervising auditor as being the worst Phrenologist he has ever seen, having not the slightest grasp on the concepts------then yes. He could debunk phrenology all he wanted, but his status as a "Superior Expert" in the field of Phrenology would rightly deserve to be taken to task and doubted. Are you people on weed?

I too am ready for a subject change, as not one anti native has even acknowleged that perhaps Drew's status as an expert/superior polygraph witness may need to be pondered. If you think I sound like a broken record, than it is because I learned from the best-----you people.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #71 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 11:48pm
Perhaps I have seen it and don't remember, but I don't think Dr. Richardson ever identified himself as an "expert polygraph examiner."

He has said he has been involved in polygraph research.

Any evidence anyone has that he has not done any research on the polygraph would be illuminating.  The repeated accusations that he has not conducted enough examinations nor shown sufficient skill as an examiner are irrelevant.

My reference to phrenology was apparently too subtle.  Dr. Richardson has written that he does not believe the polygraph is a valid scientific test.  Most people do not believe phrenology is a valid science, either.   

What does it matter if a person does not have sufficient experience conducting invalid tests?  Or has not shown sufficient skill in conducting invalid tests?  It is sufficient if he has the expertise to recognize and explain why those tests are invalid.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #72 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 11:53pm
To all of our new and most welcome polygraphers:

Greetings, and salutations !!!  I thank you for your entertainment and resolute determination to wage a smear campaign. The APA and some other high ranking senior polygraphers still stinging from the last few months of information posted on this board .... Hmmmm ? Or has this become a class project at the highly acclaimed and accredited DACA (DODPI)  school, or one of those other illustrious institutions of higher polygraph learning. The avatars and screen names have been most enjoyable. Shows an increase in computer savvy. A flair of originality, but above all the need to copy.  Your quotes and verbage are making a mighty fine addition to a memoir of mine. For I will use them at a later date ..... So keep the raw material coming. It adds fuel to my future needs, as well as proving to those who question who is telling the truth, from those who would ill inform. So smile,  you may be on candid camera !!!!!  Cool

Regards .....

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Senior User

I was cured all right.

Reply #73 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 12:06am
day2day:
Quote:
Why are all of your posts so condescending?  What exactly are you trying to make up for?

Well, you see its like this. When I was younger... I just can't talk about it... maybe if I got to know you a little first, its just so hard to trust people, you see. I know you see, because you are the only person who truly understands. I really feel like we have a deep personal connection, and it pains me that you think negatively of me. Why must you be so disapproving. Can't you try to be just a little more positive - a little more approving. I'm sorry for babbling like this, but your such a good listener. You understand, don't you. Please say you understand.

Quote:
Any evidence anyone has that he has not done any research on the polygraph would be illuminating.  The repeated accusations that he has not conducted enough examinations nor shown sufficient skill as an examiner are irrelevant.

OK. So what research has he done?

Quote:
How about a cease and desist on the ad hominem attacks in exchange for resuming the ongoing debate regarding the validity of the polygraph?

If certain people are intent on continuing the personal attacks, it certainly seems fair to me that they state their name and their credentials, so that the rest of us can compare and contrast them with Dr. Richardson's.

Hey. This is just a circus. This isn't any kind of empirical forum. If people's objectives were to investigate questions, then they wouldn't be fartin' around with a forum/circus like this, they'd be suggesting and conducting actual experiments - not some silly media challenge.

« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2007 at 1:00am by Ludovico »  

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #74 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 12:09am
I better not pout and I better not cry cause your tellin me why? Huh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Drew Richardson Never an Actual FBI Polygraph Examiner?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X