Normal Topic Complaint Against Polygraph Operator Kory Turk (Read 9710 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Complaint Against Polygraph Operator Kory Turk
Mar 19th, 2007 at 12:02pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
On Sunday, 18 March 2007, the business section of the Ventura County Star published a puff piece about polygraph operator Kory Turk, who with his wife, Maria-Christina, has opened a business called Elite Polygraph in Ventura, California:

http://www.venturacountystar.com/vcs/business/article/0,1375,VCS_128_5425901,00....

On the same day, AntiPolygraph.org received by anonymous fax a copy of this article along with a letter to the editor of the Ventura County Star alleging inaccuracies in the article:

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Re: Complaint Against Polygraph Operator Kory Turk
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2007 at 11:42pm
For reasons unstated, Mr. Turk has pulled the content from his website:

http://www.elitepolygraph.com

However, it is still available through Google's cache here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=site%3Aelitepolygraph.com&bt...

The most pertinent data, Mr. Kory's professed credentials, is copied here from "Google's cache of http://www.elitepolygraph.com/biography.htm as retrieved on 15 Jan 2007 23:29:02 GMT":

Quote:
                                 Kory Turk                        Maria-Christina Turk                            

Company owned and operated by Kory and Maria-Christina Turk

Employed in the field of investigations since 2000

Interned with nationally-recognized Polygraph Examiner, Mr. John Grogan, with over 25 years of experience

Respected members of PEOA.US (Polygraph Examiners of America), a nationwide network of polygraph examiners

Graduated from Allan Hancock College Law Enforcement Academy in Santa Maria, California, with top honors

Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology with an emphasis in Criminology from University of California at Santa Barbara, California

Currently obtaining Master of Arts degree in Clinical Psychology from Pepperdine University in Malibu, California

Extensive academic studies in Vienna, Austria

Fluent in English, German, and American Sign Language

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 2:58am
George,

This is most entertaining, and isn't nature marvelous !!

You turn on the lights and the roaches head for the darkness or the nearest crack available. Amazing to see this in real life. And above all they are dedicated to the Truth. I know I sleep much better with these people out there protecting me from the deceptive masses, hell bent on destroying the universe. It doesn't get anymore humorous then this.

Regards ....

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 9:33am
This whole story reminds me of a conversation I once overheard between a father and son, recounting some exploits in their younger days.

The story is set on the site of a renovation that their firm is conducting on a high rise building that houses a physician's office among other businesses. 

At lunchtime, Bob Sr. sits down next to his son and opens up a large ballistic nylon bag. To junior's surprise, the zipper opens to reveal a brand new Nikon 35mm camera and a wide array of accessories (lenses, flashes, filters, etc) worth several thousand dollars.

The son says to the father "Dad... Where the crappity smack did you get that?" to which the father replies "Up in the doctor's office. crappity smack'em, he's got insurance."

"That's not right..." the son retorts… "These people gave us work, trusted us in their place of business, and that's how you treat them?" "As I said, crappity smack EM... You'll learn someday, son..." replied the seasoned veteran.

The son concedes and the men stow their lunch pails in the van right next to their new photography equipment.

After several more hours, quitting time arrives. As they are packing up to leave, Bob Sr. notices his son struggling to load tools in the back. He goes over to assist, and notices that junior is having problems fitting the tools inside due to the presence of a video camera, tripod, and porta-pack VCR.

“WHAT THE crappity smack IS THIS?!!!” demands the father? “I picked it up in the back of the office,” the younger man replies.  I thought about what you said, and you’re right… crappity smack ‘EM”

“You can’t do that… You can do some, but not that much. You can’t crappity smacking do that shit...” lectured the father. "You're completely out of line..."

The two then proceeded to have an argument about just how much property one can ethically steal. In the end, both the still and video equipment left in the van with our dynamic duo.

Why do I bring this up?

The anecdote is relevant because the situaiton described above is eerily similar to the one allegedly involving Mr. Turk. Yes, if true, his behavior is absolutely outrageous. Yet, like Bob Jr, it’s almost hard to blame him considering the pitiful example that his role models in the world of polygraphy have set when it comes to ethics.

After all, a prominent past-president of the American Polygraph Association—the nation’s premier association of polygraph examiners—has been outed for falsely representing himself as a Ph.D to courts and major municipalities—and NO ACTION WAS TAKEN AGAINST HIM BY THE APA.

Metaphorically, if Ed Gelb can steal the 35mm camera in public view and get away clean, how can we expect Kory Turk--or any other polygraph operator for that matter-- to leave the video equipment in the closet collecting dust?

Quote:
They use a state-of-the-art Limestone Technologies polygraph, which costs about $5,000, used in tandem with a computer and specialized software.

Oh, well, there's always eBay.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2007 at 10:04am by G Scalabr »  
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2007 at 10:52am
A correction by columnist Jim Woodard to his 18 March article, "Polygraph Service Helps its Clients Find Out the Truth" published in today's (25 March 2007) Santa Barbara Star bears out the claims made in the anonymous fax received by AntiPolygraph.org:

Quote:
Correction

Last Sunday, I profiled Elite Polygraph in Ventura, owned by Kory Turk. The column included inaccurate information.

Here is the correction:

Turk is a former member of Polygraph Examiners of America. He previously worked for seven years as a private investigator. When he said he was licensed, he was referring to his city business license. There is no license required for polygraph examiners in California.

Turk has applied for errors and omissions and liability insurance, but hasn't received the policy. He is enrolled in an eight-week specialized polygraph course at Marston Academy in San Bernardino. When completed, he will start accepting polygraph assignments.

Turk has a bachelor's degree from UC Santa Barbara and is pursuing a master's degree at Pepperdine University in Malibu.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

PolygraphPlace Listings
Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2007 at 6:02am
Regrettably, despite the fact that nearly everything in the article about this business was a lie, Elite Polygraph is still listed extensively in the Polygraph Place dictionary of examiners in California. Apparently, Mr. Turk is listed as having an office in nearly every major city in the state (other examiners listed there also do this--I don't know what kind of game they're playing with addresses).

Even I am surprised that the listings have not been pulled, as while we obviously disagree, at least one of the persons affiliated with that site has shown some moral character in the past.

Just makes you wonder how many of the others listed there have also committed similar transgressions.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #6 - May 2nd, 2007 at 5:45am
Kory Turk's "Elite Polygraph" is no longer listed on PolygraphPlace.com:

http://www.polygraphplace.com/docs/c-15-s-California-examiners.html

However, Turk's own website is back on-line:

http://www.elitepolygraph.com/

To alleviate any doubt concerning his eliteness, Turk avers on his homepage, "Our results are substantially more credible than the ordinary polygraph."

Roll Eyes

One can only hope that prospective customers might take the precaution of Googling "Kory Turk" or "Elite Polygraph."

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lienot
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 3rd, 2007 at 5:35am
Mr. Maschke, 

I think its great that you are finding the bad polygraph examienrs' and holding them accountable, great work on your part.  Keep it up.  We need honesty in the polygraph profession and the bad ones need to go.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #8 - May 3rd, 2007 at 7:15am
Quote:
Mr. Maschke, 

I think its great that you are finding the bad polygraph examienrs' and holding them accountable, great work on your part.  Keep it up.  We need honesty in the polygraph profession and the bad ones need to go. 

I am glad that you don't subscribe to the "see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing" philosophy that seemingly prevails in the polygraph community. This being the case, how do you think the American Polygraph Association should deal with the Marston Polygraph Academy, assuming the allegations against its operators are true?

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lienot
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 3rd, 2007 at 8:02am
When the facts are all in, then I could make a reasonable judgment, until then I would not comment.  I do like facts not allegations that have not been investigated and shown to be true.

IP Logged

Complaint Against Polygraph Operator Kory Turk

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X