Normal Topic DACA - New Technology disinformation begins (Read 1849 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EosJupiter
Especially Senior User

But of Course ...

DACA - New Technology disinformation begins
Apr 28th, 2007 at 9:45pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
To all Concerned;

From this article I see the beginning of a disinformation cycle. If you search Polygraph on Google (news),  then sort by date, you will see just how far the distribution on this article is. They want us to believe that they have all these wonderous new high tech deception devices. But alas all I see and read is just another vain attempt to deceive the public on their efforts, new polygraph schuffle by my account, (music please).  To the DACA minions that read this, thanks for the info. It just gives those of us with intellect and audacity new venues and technologies to screw around with and defeat it.  Wink   I do hope that you post peer reviewed research and proof. I would be more than happy to eat my words. But I know,  that dinner will never happen.  As those of us with the ability to think are not biting this crap sandwich !! 

Link: (one of many for the distribution of this article)

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/04/ap_findingliars_fortjackson_070428/

------------------

Text:

DoD researches high-tech ways to find liars

By Susanne M. Schafer - The Associated Press
Posted : Saturday Apr 28, 2007 9:06:55 EDT

FORT JACKSON, S.C. — An eerie image of a magenta, blue-green and yellow face glows on a screen as a government employee steps behind a heat-sensing camera on this sprawling U.S. Army base. Not far away, researchers are studying lasers’ ability to detect muscle contraction. Other technology tracks the movement of a person’s eyes.

Liars beware. The Defense Department facility that trains the people who run the government’s polygraph machines is looking to an even higher plane of technology in its quest to separate fact from fiction.

“We don’t know how far down the road it’s going to be, but this is showing some potential,” Bill Norris, director of the Defense Academy for Credibility Assessment, said recently as he talked about the thermal-imaging device that measured his face’s temperature. “We’ve started to look at new technologies that can help us in this business.”

Besides serving as a hub for high-tech research into futuristic methods of lie detection, the academy is responsible for training all polygraph examiners who work for the U.S. military and 23 federal agencies. It turns out about 100 new examiners yearly and conducts much of the 80 hours of refresher training that each of the government’s 650 polygraph examiners must undergo every two years.

Polygraph examiners monitor subjects’ blood pressure, respiration rates and sweat gland activity as part of a standardized — and potentially hours long — interview process. It takes new students 14 weeks of training to learn how to conduct polygraph exams and understand the physiological data that underpins the process.

Part of the job uses the base’s young soldiers to role-play stealing money from a fake bank. Some go through with it; some don’t. The academy’s trainees wire the soldiers to sensors and quiz them about their acts during videotaped exercises, with the details of their heartbeats and other physical reactions displayed on wide-screen monitors.

“Our students have to learn to ask the right questions, to see if the soldiers ‘did the deed’ or not. It’s a great exercise,” Norris said.

Meanwhile, researchers are testing other devices that would allow lie detection to go wireless.

There’s the thermal imaging technology that Norris says is promising given its ability to tie deception to temperature changes in the skin. Another studies the pattern of an individual’s gaze to see how the eye looks at a familiar or an unfamiliar scene.

“This is something that law enforcement might be able to use, say if you showed someone a picture of a crime scene,” to see if they recognized it or not, Norris said.

Researchers are also studying what they call “Laser Doppler vibrometry,” which looks at changes in the body’s muscle contractions, respiration or cardiovascular activity. With it, a laser could be directed at an artery in a subject’s neck to study blood flow from afar, said Debra Krikorian, a molecular biologist working with the institute.

“Can you imagine the potential? You could have a stress test and not be hooked up to all those wires,” Krikorian said.

----

Until you can really read someones mind, this stuff is nothing more than a swag (Silly Wild Ass Guess).

Regards .....

Theory into Reality !!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: DACA - New Technology disinformation begins
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2007 at 1:02pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Indeed, as pointed out on the blog, where this article is also cited, thermal imaging and laser doppler vibrometry offer no real prospect of improved lie detection because there is no clear relationship between the physiological indices measured and deception. As former Sandia National Laboratories senior scientist Dr. Alan P. Zelicoff stated before a hearing of the National Academy of Sciences' Committee to Review the Scientific Evidence on the Polygraph (with respect to polygraph instrumentation, but the same would apply to thermal imaging and laser doppler vibrometry for the purpose of lie detection), "From a medical and scientific standpoint, it is not sufficient to measure well that which should not be measured in the first place."

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

DACA - New Technology disinformation begins

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X